number#1 Rule to winning?

GrouxLive

GrouxLive

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think patience is the most important, i think is more important been aware when you have to be patience and when you have to play, a lot of people play patience and only call with Broadway pocket pairs and when they lose they think is because what? Bad beats will happen but if you are smart enought to knowledge your spots and build a stack they won't take you out in a tournament

"Patience without works is dead" is a saying I have. Sure, you can be patient - but you have to also know when to make your move as well.

PershingSt

PershingSt

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you stated it correctly, patience to find the correct spots !

PLAYINBIG

PLAYINBIG

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patients in the long run would be most important to me also.I think sometimes though at or near the end of a tourney you have to play outside of your comfort zone in order to make it to 1st place.

dominiq

dominiq

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that most important is observing your opponent. To watch how they play. And then use it to win. ;)

T

Thenightrain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Study, patience and bravery - cheating and picked 3!

darthdimsky

darthdimsky

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The number one rule for me is discipline and control, in all aspects of poker. In bankroll management, the way you conduct yourself at the table and the manner in which you approach hands. Don't ever let tilt or ego get in the way of how you play the game, as this is the reason for many busted bankrolls and stupid plays. I myself have certainly done this before, and it's why I feel like it's one of the most important ideologies in poker, especially at the lower stakes.

My most important rule too. Especially true given how hot headed and tilt prone I used to be. Till these traits become second nature all other rules are second in priority.

VovanBaron

VovanBaron

RiddlesInTheShadow
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are no medicines for win!All I got during my poker playing is that our mind should be higher than opponents!It s a phylosophicall explanation and widely general but if we take some aspects any of it are only part of your poker image!poker is very tough game and we can see that as a result all pros proves their intelligence constantly cause they want to earn their heads!that is my point.

K

koskesh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Avoid the `set-up` hands,,you know the hands. The one that busts you out every time,,,the so called `bad beat` hand. Avoid those and you can walk to the final table:D Good luck!

I agree except my "set-up" hands are AA, KK, QQ, JJ, 10s, AK. 🤦🏻

PokerNuts01

PokerNuts01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patience, strategy and discipline.. fold is gold!

AgentXtreme

AgentXtreme

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patience , discipline , control your nerves , when you're confident about something never hesitate or get afraid

T

theblizzardofoz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me its all about relaxing, when I am tense I play way too many hands and think I'm Superman and realize quickly I cannot fly. When I walk, I cash!

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if there is only No.1 rules to win
is , finding some ones worse than you , and play with them. [or always play with loser]

for the reason that Zero sum game, you always play with weaker ppl, you always potential to win!

T

theblizzardofoz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play like someone else? haha j/k

I think staying close to some of the guidelines in the strategy articles is imperative to pay close attention to when and where your starting hands should be put in play.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Avoid the `set-up` hands,,you know the hands. The one that busts you out every time,,,the so called `bad beat` hand. Avoid those and you can walk to the final table:D Good luck!

I agree with this . I guees with experience , after you have made your own mistakes and witnessed others on the poker tables , after many many poker hands and games , you achieve to avoid these traps , to be extra carefull and not take decisions on the rush , to make the right calls/bets on the right positions . So for me it's experience :)

chicopaw

chicopaw

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patience, well timed aggression; and Feel to Play

F

Fastone2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, there is no right way to win at all. No matter what two cards we hold, there is a possibility that they will not hold up and win the hand. So, its best to remember that the only two things that are a facts are death and taxes...
Luck has no limits. Play at risk and do your best.

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Know the odds, the opponents, and remain clear headed and alert

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think my success comes from not being afraid to lose when I play.

T

titiduru

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Short term - luck, long term - discipline.

Poker Rules - Poker Games