Notes in Micro Stakes and Freerolls?

B

Backlash

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you still take notes in Micro Stakes and freerolls?

I believe there was a time that "Notes" were advantageous in Micro Stakes and Freerolls but I feel as though that those days are now behind us.

I have my reasons and beliefs why I don't "waste" my time on notes in lower stakes but I am curious if anyone still takes notes at these levels and how you structure your notes?

Inquiring minds want to know...;) <----Old person reference....LOL

Jason Bralli

Jason Bralli

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think that any detail that might give you an advantage cannot be overlooked!

I keep taking notes, even using HUD, as they are supplementary information.

I took notes on the other players who arrived at the final tables with me, and it happened years later that I found this same player, only now at a higher limit, meaning I had practically no information on the HUD about him, but what saved me was the note I made years ago playing against him in a freeroll.

Nowadays, the information I add is very limited, the colors are more informative than the notes themselves, as I separate players according to the style they play.

GL
:)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I take notes at all stakes.
There have been sessions lately where I'll see players I haven't seen in a decade... I know this as they'll have notes on them from 2010, 2011.

magister1

magister1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls nah.. fields are too huge and 90% of people aren't playing seriously.

Micros I do take notes though, you find a lot of same regs even at NL2

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I don't take many notes in freerolls or micro stakes but I use my color labels and
basically I only write a note when something super out of line happens by a player.

D

Daen27

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At low limits, the player's level is not particularly interesting, I think. There are too many of them if I am a high-limit player, then yes, there are more chances to meet any reg than in micro-tournaments.

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you still take notes in Micro Stakes and Freerolls?

I believe there was a time that "Notes" were advantageous in Micro Stakes and Freerolls but I feel as though that those days are now behind us.

I have my reasons and beliefs why I don't "waste" my time on notes in lower stakes but I am curious if anyone still takes notes at these levels and how you structure your notes?

Inquiring minds want to know...;) <----Old person reference....LOL
Hello, I am not taking notes as I play mostly freerolls! I think that most people who play freerolls don't play them seriously, so I think taking notes on freerolls and small limits is useless! Well, at the middle stakes, I think it will be very useful because there people are more serious about the game and are trying to make money! This is my personal opinion and maybe I'm wrong, but don't judge me harshly! Good luck with everything!

fang215874

fang215874

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Be sure to use the notes! Especially on micro-limits and freerolls. This does not take much time, but in the future it makes it possible to close clumsy pushs and double the stack. I highly recommend it to everyone, it really works.

Bugi

Bugi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I take notes when I spot something obvious about a player.

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

if sometimes I take notes .. it is not always useful to know the ranks of the players ..

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In 40 years of poker,,i've never taken a note on anyone,,, :deal:

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just mark with a color, I don't write notes. In freerolls, I have only two types of color. Red is a maniac, green is a fish. Regulars in freerolls I have marked 2-3 people. Well, I try to mark everyone in any tournaments. Plus I play with a hud.

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
of course I make the notes. If you do it properly you can be able to know in many spots what your opponent actually represents because people at lower stakes almost always play their weak and strong range in different way.
I mostly make the notes about their bet sizes. It's super valueable informations.
Also even if you won't meet some of the players again in your poker career than making a note is also a learning stuff because it will be easier to remember some stuff and it can be helpful in the future with other players.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In freeroll, I don't think it makes any sense to take notes.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, if they open hands they really shouldn't from certain positions, I make a note, or if they like to bluff/shove the river, triple barrel it off, etc. If they are really tight I give them a red warning label.

Aleks75

Aleks75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!:hello:
I play microlimits and freerolls myself.Previously, I did not see any sense in this, due to the fact that 1500-7000 people play there.But due to the fact that over the past year I began to study the game profoundly (read poker sites and forums),I found a lot of like-minded people among the regulars:listen:.One piece of advice says-make at least one note at the table-it will discipline and help you do it automatically in the future.(I don't need a HUD right now, so I make a color label of 3 colors (like in a traffic light)and a brief description):stupido:.It turned out that the system helps-we meet with many people in satellites.:fight:

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Notes at freerolls and micro stakes probably wont help your game to much but then again maybe it's simply a good practice to get into for future growth in the game.

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, I take notes while playing in different formats, regardless of whether it's a freeroll or a cache, it's not difficult for me to enter information, and in the future it may come in handy, and if it interferes, it's always easy to delete it

pokerdutchie

pokerdutchie

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I make notes in the microstakes. It helps when you have notes on a player. Even if it is just 1 it will make you a bit more confident. Might also be a good habit for when taking notes matters. It also happens that your notes are useless sometimes because some players become better/improve over time.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont take notes. I use my tracker/HUD for long term storage of information, and manual observations for in session dynamics and adjustments. Not saying notes are useless, but since I usually play 4 tables at a time, spending time on notes might distract me from the decisions, I need to make. A further reason is, that on 888 Poker the client will regularly crash, and then all notes and tags are deleted. So they rarely have a long life span anyway.

Also just like with HUD data we need to remember, that people might "change gears" or develop their style over time. Just because we once saw someone make a very small river bet with the nuts, it does not mean, he always have the nuts, when he make a small river bet. And especially not if it happen 9 month after, we took the note.

So most of the time we should just rely on solid fundamentals, which mean, we call small bets more often than big bets. If we then get shown the nuts (again) and paid off with third pair, thats fine, because he is missing out on value against stronger parts of our range by using a silly small sizing like 10% of the pot.

T

tiefgang23

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Keep on doing notes, no matter which buy in level or freeroll, it will help u in the future for sure!!!! good luck and just keep on :)

Greetz Tiefgang

Plut41

Plut41

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I only quickly mark with a color. From green being solid-tight play to red being loosey-goosey. And the middle ground is purple for bluffy boys and yellow for calling stations. I don't think in my microstakes precise notes will help me but who knows maybe I am wrong.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't take notes in freerolls. I just feel there is too much variance in how each player plays them. Sometimes people are focused, other times they are just killing time, others they are bored and doing things they normally wouldn't.

I will take notes at all stakes. And I notate the stakes at which the notes are made.

So yes, I take notes on my notes.

Freeroll Passwords