Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in my experience it is K-T and low pairs

many novice players will shove with K-T as if it is a very strong hand for example

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with the low pairs. Many beginners just cant fold those preflop, even when there is no way to profitably play them. Not so sure about KT though. If someone is stacking of incorrectly with KT, they are usually doing it with a lot of other similar hands as well. Postflop I think, the most common leak for beginners is taking hands like top pair weak kicker or second pair way to far. These hands are all from my last session, where I played 12 turbo KO SnGs on pokerstars.

CardsChat Poker Hands Converter

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would agree with the K10. For me it was worse. I always loved K9 for some reason.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Whenever I go all-in with KT, It always someone has AQ.

I may win, but ...

phoenixKK

phoenixKK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
A friend of mine love to shove with T K too.He says that T K he is nuts LOL.He is just a beginer.

blackknives

blackknives

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Everything, i've seen new players tell me that anything can happen regardless of the cards they have, disregarding all odds, but hey, that's kinda fun

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hard to pick one, but i think the AJo is the one what i see most often.

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say anything with paint and aces of course no matter how it is matched up. I know when I was younger and my Dad was teaching me to play, I was hooked on anything that was high up in power. All Aces, Kings, Queens, Jacks. Any of those will do together, all in, any time. That is my experience with new players going all in somewhat recklessly.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is all part of the right of passage, but some keep playing it hoping it will get better. small pairs are ok if you can see a cheap flop, but they fail to fold when they do not hit.

N

Nismo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would agree with the K10. For me it was worse. I always loved K9 for some reason.

I don't quite get the lure of K9 either, I used to love that hand back in my live poker days. But since studying the Cards Chat course and learning about ranges I now know how easily that hand can be dominated

Now I'm playing online poker, I find that a lot of people over value Ax, in particular A10o or AJo

B

Bhzrd588

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in my experience it is K-T and low pairs

many novice players will shove with K-T as if it is a very strong hand for example

I think that for a beginner i doesn't matter what cards hold i goes all in even with 23. In my opinion they show with any kind of pair.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just look up poker "trouble hands" for various opinions by others. There are many that recur... KJ, KT, AJ, low AXs like A2s and low pocket pairs (like 44) with the hopes of flopping a set.

NWPatriot

NWPatriot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are very few high quality 2 card hands. Holdem is a 7 card game and it is the 5 cards on the board that will determine our hand strength.

Pocket Pairs and Aces have inherent showdown value, without the help of the board. Every other 2 card hand is a drawing hand. In order to have showdown value, they need help from the board.

When we have a drawing hand we help ourselves by having high cards, suited cards or connected cards. If we have 3/3 of these, we have a great drawing hand. When we have 2/3 of these we have a medium drawing hand. When we have 1/2 of these we have a poor drawing hand, and when we have 0/3 of these conditions we have trash.

We need a strategy for when to play each of these drawing hands and for how to play each of these drawing hands.

Good luck and God Bless

D

dnadeau1989

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
most common bad hand by beginners played is J7 off suit

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands