Mixed Games: how many of these do you know?

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here's the 20/40 mix from wsop this year. How many of these do you know how to play? I played in one 20 game mix one day in which I had to learn 3 new games!

Attachments

• wsopMixedgameslist.jpg
    wsopMixedgameslist.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 13
skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here's the mix I played that I didn't know all the games initially (Dramaha 0, Hi/Low Dugi, Hi Dugi Dramaha)

Attachments

• WSOPVegasHomeGameMix.jpg
    WSOPVegasHomeGameMix.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 12
Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good lord. Thanks for this post. As you can see on my profile, I list "10-game" as my favorite game (even tho poker stars hasn't run 10-game in many years)...

I thought I was a pretty good mixed game player, but looking at these WSOP placards makes me realize I'm still a total noob at mixed games, I literally don't know how to play more than 3 of these variations.

The one that intrigues me the most is Hi/Low Badugi. LOL Badugi is one of my favorite games to play, I just love it, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how they could work a "hi/lo" format into it.

Saved a screenshot and will def be investigating each and every game on the list. Thanks again, awesome post!!!!!

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Split pot game for badugi with a weird rule. As I recall (and I have never played that outside of the one day) there's a way to scoop based on the rule of using your lowest card for the value of your high badugi. It seemed dumb and makes my brain hurt just thinking about it. So a hand like KJT8 scoops KQT7 if I'm remembering correctly, since KJ badugi beats KQ for low and the 8 is a higher card than the 7 for the high half.

The "high dugi" dramaha game had AAAA as the best badugi. The idea of same rank different suit equating to a badugi seems dumb to me. But it's a game. Just needs a different name than hi dugi imo.

A lot of the games you can learn quickly based on your knowledge of other games, but understanding which hands are really strong and when you should value bet (or even play) takes some time. Learning what range of hands to play from what position (and quickly) is key.

Top 10 Games