Mistakes in Poker

Kmiller

Kmiller

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Learn to just walk away and fold at times if you know what's good for you, and don't underestimate your opponent, ever. Remember you cannot win all the time, especially if you're just starting.

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
This isn't so much of making a mistake in poker but `getting what you wish for.` When a player wins a tournament trip out of the country and busts out on his/her first day, was the trip worth it?

In canada, I won a tournament trip to Australia but I was not able to get my passport updated in time so I couldn't go. Assuming I can win a trip to such a tournament again, are the trips easy or are they hassle ridden? I've had other free trips where I would have paid not to go.

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One fundamental mistake I made was using an unstable broadband provider and disconnected once when got dealt AA late in a MTT

oleg plugaru

oleg plugaru

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to improve your game all the time ... Many beginners read a couple of articles and this ends their training.

H

hochido

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mistakes

Missing a draw and BETTING ANYWAYS?? bluff with air, be careful about the sizing!

XYZ2123

XYZ2123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
For me, the worst mistake would be playing outside your bankroll. This is the surest way to stay broke. Research BRM and stick to the guidelines. Second, playing too many hands out of position. Third, over valuing big hands and not having enough discipline to fold them in unfavorable situations. Fourth, not paying attention to the table and the rendencies of your opponents and only playing according to your hole cards.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the biggest mistake of poker players is the lack of education and playing after smoking marijuana :)