Mistakes in Poker

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Some of the common mistakes of beginners Play too many hands.
Be afraid of the game.
A game without a pass.
Wrong bet size.
The pursuit of the best combination.
The influence of emotions on the game.
The game is out of position.
Too much bluff.
The bankroll management.
Primitive game.
The game, when in your mind other thoughts.
The wrong choice of table.

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1) Overestimate the profitability of making hero in large boats
2) Misleading game, seek to surprise the rival
3) Do not take value from valuable hands
4) Limp pre-flop with speculative hands

evildoesit2003

evildoesit2003

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find in any play patience is key If playing against the same players a read may be good, the thing is to last and stay in if you can.

D

deathcard53

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If your head isn't in the game, don't play. You'll make mistakes more often and go on tilt more frequently.

rckstr2b

rckstr2b

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
imo

playing too many hands and not understanding position.
If you are new it's best to play very few hands in the beginning and don't limp into pots, raise them.

B

BetterNot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
try to get some information on your opponents. If you know how they play you can addapt your own game to it

johnny tigre

johnny tigre

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The usual mistake i make in online poker is to think that i got it all won and push all in and then the river will make you realize its not. LOL

F

Fastone2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Our first mistakes are usually to sit down to play.... Lol...

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Basic mistakes in poker
- Revaluation of pocket cards
- Game not on limits
- Overconfidence
There are actually a lot of mistakes.

M

Mike D_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing tournaments I found that I play too much hands, especially draws.

A

Aca0012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mistakes should always be viewed positively, as they learn from mistakes. Analyze the hand when we make a mistake and correct our mistakes. And another very important thing, we should not be annoyed when we make a mistake, but only slowly and calmly.

S

Salavat Kozhakhmetov

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in my opinion everyone makes mistakes in poker, even professional players with many victories in major tournaments,clearly today in the tournament WCOOP Main Event 10 000 000$ professional player made a very big mistake and lost early in the game,to see where you are mistaken, you need a lot of time on the game and experience,about me I very often make psychological mistakes and still have not learned to deal with it I hope it will come to me with experience!and remember each person is different,and the errors should look for in yourself,good luck to you

T

Two6JJ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A lack of proper bankroll management kills most chances at playing enough so that you can get better at the game before you are busted.

bekel285

bekel285

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing drunk online after an evening at the pub. Easiest way to lose your bankroll. :p

ecoland

ecoland

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
method is simple (cash game) for example: stack:100$ play to 10$, lost - next game play 9$. win - play to 10% of your stack.

ecoland

ecoland

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me, the bigest mistake is when play to long time, you can't keep concentration!
:confused:

vitalicharniak

vitalicharniak

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Coping with his laziness, envy, impatience, curb excessive desire for excitement - the most important moment of a successful poker game. All this is better done from the very beginning, and not wait for a mythical parish with experience.

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1. The game is not bankroll.
2. Excessive passivity.
3. Excessive aggression.
4. The game without taking into account the chances of the bank.

BlackMamba

BlackMamba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you do not want to have mistakes in poker then do not play poker. There is an interesting game. For example: hide and seek.:D

D

darpblog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad bankroll practices, Tilting, and believing they are btter than they actually are

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The typical beginners mistake is to play too many hands....
You should really be very conservative with hand selection when you start
playing poker as only playing really strong hands usually keeps you out of
very hard to judge situations after the flop.

One of the best tips I got when I started was this one:
Poker is not a card game. It is a betting game!

You are not playing your cards. The actual gameplay consists of making bets. So think more about your bet size then about "how to play A 10 pre-flop" or something...

What really makes you a great poker player is that you control the pot and not that you get dealt top whole cards more often than others. Lose small pots and win big ones! That is what seperates the profitable players from those who lose....

poker_bro

poker_bro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Make as many mistakes as you can at the beginning. It is the only way to learn. Don't be afraid of them, poker is 90% failing and 10% succeeding. That makes you stronger mentally.

My biggest mistake at the beginning was bankroll management, I didn't have it. I lost all of the money that I deposited.

My fast start plan is not deposit any money, play only freerolls until you can reach that point where you can spend max. 1% of your bankroll to buy-ins.
Use 50/50 of your time to learn theory (books, videos etc) and another half of your time playing as many hands as possible. I recommend purchasing some training product. My favorite is Advanced Poker Training.
Then you have understood fundamentals of poker, change 20% studying theory and 80% playing. If you want to reach your goal faster and want to spend money, I recommend to use that for training resources, don't use that on poker site. Poker is a business that you should build slow and steady.

E

Ero2407

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in my opinion the biggest mistake in poker is the inability to drop a good hand after the flop, if it is already clear that it is for other players at the table

The_Times

The_Times

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To push or to call with weaker hands. It's one of the most widespread mistake, and very common. But obviously stupid mistake. The other ones are local ones and depend on situations.

E

Edgaro14

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
That would be poker without mistakes, we all have a weak point, some overvalue our cards, others do not know how to manage the value of the bets, but the best of all is that of the mistakes you learn