Maintaining skills

N

n0n4m3

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm wondering how do you maintain your skills? Playing with friends, literature, videos? It is clear that you can hone your skills by playing, but how about theory? After all, it's not for nothing that they say, live a century, learn)

lilypond

lilypond

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Hi,

I play poker online and study poker strategy (books, courses, Apps). I think the maths side of poker is very important too, such as knowing your equity, pot odds and so on in a given situation. I also use preflop charts to help me in my play and decisions on when to raise/call/fold.

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Practice, study and watching some good players' stream.

D

Dariorasta29

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
To maintain the skills, you have to spend time, both studying poker and the game itself, always step by step and knowing that it is not easy, perseverance first and foremost.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
For me, poker is a hobby, that's why I treat it as a hobby. If there is time, then I can study, read or watch something, but without due fanaticism.

N

n0n4m3

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Practice, learn, and watch good players.
Broadcasts of players are good, but it's not a total.Because this is a subjective opinion, not a general opinion.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As far as possible, I read new poker articles. But I didn't repeat the basics for a long time. It is also necessary to constantly analyze the hands that you have played during the current session. But I, like many others, am lazy enough to do a lot of theory. A few years ago I read and practiced a lot, but now I'm too lazy and have no time)).

Reail

Reail

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Now there is a lot of educational material. Videos and streams of famous and not-so-famous players, many applications, coaches and courses. Including a video course on Cardschat. You can also ask a question in this forum in the "Help" section.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess by constantly working on my game. Sometimes this takes the form of playing a lot of games and other times it takes the form of poker study (mostly YouTube videos and books on poker). I don't think it really matters a ton as long as the player seeking to maintain their skills is constantly analyzing their game and adapting to the current competition.

Ketienne

Ketienne

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's a great way to look over the shoulders of the pros these days via stream. You can see how they handle certain situations and integrate that into your game. Since it's often about high sums, you also know that they give their best :LOL:

apLike

apLike

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I watch a lot of videos from tournaments on Youtube, which helps me understand how strong players think, how they make decisions and what their actions are based on. I think this is a very convenient and, most importantly, interesting approach, because you can play at the same time watching the video.

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I watch videos from YouTube, but streamers have a completely different story there, they always get cards․ sometimes it seems to me that their RNG is not the same as mine, because I can only receive bad cards for 20-30 hands, but I have not met this with them

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Playing and watching of course keeps me sharp, but I try to read as many articles and books as time allows me. Just hearing other people about how they play hands (like here in the forum) helps me a lot.