Status
Not open for further replies.
I

IcedBoar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys, Icedboar here (regular 888 player)
KK seems to come up vs AA a lot of the time, should I ever be folding KK pre flop

Thanks

L

lilturkgirl86

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
very rarely do you fold KK vs AA preflop i can only think of 2 scenerios
1. Its a satelite tournament you have KK, your just about ready to claim your ticket as you have a great stack .. and your raised all in preflop.. its best to just fold, and wait to claim your prize since the payouts are all the same.
2. The player has been very tight, and not rasing alot of pots preflop.. Then out of the blue makes a unusal all in raise.. Now if your up against a nit, and a really solid player who plays only premium hands.. It can cause alot of warning signs that its ethier QQ / very unlikely possible JJ/ or a AK..
But KK is very tough to get away from, and its just bad luck to really get it in verus AA but it happens to everyone.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes.
Huge sample size, villains range is KK+ only
Some spots in satty.

twoturntablez

twoturntablez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So hard to fold. Everybody seems to encourage go all in anyway in a cashgame. Long term your opponent will not show up with AA. I read once the odds are 1 in 27 that when you have KK an opponent will have AA. You might not be able to tell much difference in betting patterns whether your opponent has a set or AA on a low rainbow flop. I had a beautiful experience the other day on zoom where I had AA and my opponent had KK. It seemed like the first time in ages I was on the better end of it but that could be selective memory. During the hand I was a little worried he had a set, especially after flatting my 3bet, Check calling on the flop, and Check raising on the turn.

M

mhille

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Almost impossible to fold online if you don't know your opponent. Especially because there are so many loose players online. It would take multiple raises from a very tight player to get me off kings pre-flop.

fozziethebear

fozziethebear

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No way I get off the hand unless I'm super short stacked in a tournament where I'm almost in the money and a couple of people in similar situation are about to be blinded out. Then and then maybe I muck.

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can think of one other situation where I'd seriously consider folding KK. It's on or very near the bubble in a tournament where I have enough chips to fold into a min-cash that is a meaningful amount. For me, this would have to be an amount that matters in terms of more than just my BR, but that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.