KK in the first hand

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are in the buttom position in the first hand of the tournament with a KK pair in the hand. What would you do?
The tournament player starts with 3.000 chips and has 9 player in each tabel. The two player´s in the initial positions fold. The first player in the middle position raise´s to 120 [it started with 10/20 chips BB e SB]. The third player in the middel position raised to 300 [the second mid position player fold].

a) raise all in;
b) fold;
c) re-raise to 1.000
d) re-raise to 600 (The min-raise accomplishes what?, it just gives the following players odds to call)

Sure it may be early in the tournament but you should play cautiously, do not assume just because it's early, that there are plenty of fish out there, I'm sure there are but you may be sitting at a table of sharks.

CharlieWest

CharlieWest

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd be looking at somewhere in the 750-900 range to not totally pot commit and to leave myself enough behind for future streets. Also to not give the blinds great odds to call. Seems for sure one or both of the raisers has an Ace so I'm hoping they're blocking each other. Almost makes me a little more comfortable about the KK. And like others have said, this would depend a lot on where you are playing.

Tech101205

Tech101205

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would go for raise of 1000 to isolate 2nd raiser and play

R

riko1970

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
definitely raise,then hope theres no ace on the flop then all inn,thats what i would do

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I raise hoping that another player raises after me. In paying tournaments is unlikely to make you pay by allin preflop.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
given those options and not having more info, i think i would raise to 1000

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
im all in im shoving in this situation every time even wsop first hand

is one hand beats me hoping dont have it id rather take down pot right here then play it out etc..

hopefully everyone folds and i get those chips if not hopefully i hold up plain and simple

A

Ajax95777

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
KK is very strong hand but you should tread carefully with it.

Senneville

Senneville

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
need to reraise and thinking what is your position. Your next decision will be on your spot. And if you open the flop with top pair you have to take another decision. Raise raise raise

A

Aces74

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would min raise to trap personally.Will also give you some info if and 4 bets come out.
If I were to play aggressive re raise to 1250ish.
A few ways to play this the norm is just 3X the pot.
However 3x gives your strength to me.

R

Running Nose II

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First hand with KK is a no brainer, simply call and see what the flop turns

CadoARAJ

CadoARAJ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sorry, it is a second question, but it's wrong: it was to be writed: CALL OR FOLD, not flop...
In the first time, I called 600, but the big blind went all in. The first two raisers called the all in, just as me. but it the river appeard and ACE and I was busted of the tournament. Sudden death.
Now you lost me. You ask one question, and than make an entirely different post without telling us what you chose to do In the first place. How does that make any sense at all:confused:

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sorry, it is a second question, but it's wrong: it was to be writed: CALL OR FOLD, not flop...
In the first time, I called 600, but the big blind went all in. The first two raisers called the all in, just as me. but it the river appeard and ACE and I was busted of the tournament. Sudden death.

That's just bad luck In that case, you played your hand In a manner In which you basically made the players In the said hand commit a horrendous blunder, and every time they mess up that's a good result for you:) . It just wasn't a good outcome this time but that doesn't mean you played the hand terrible by any means.

So action must've went like this.

Raise from 1 player, called from another player, over call from you:) , Big Blinds than over bet jams A.I to squeeze players out and steal the dead money In the middle, call from player 1 and call from player 2:) , which Is what you wanted and you called, correct? I liked how you played the hand but that's just me In general and others on here didn't agree with the flatting In the first place. Personally for me, I love It, and that's just me though

I

ineednone

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
all-in

I have encountered that before, and someone that has a high kicker A's, like A-10 to A-K, would call. Especially if they are suited. I would put the pressure on them to call my all in with their hands. I mean, that is what you want to do anyways with KK. push out hands like that.

R

Rudolf

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would raise to 480 if he bet more just go all in,if he call and ace hit the board call small bets or fold

T

TheWiseWeasel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well to answer your question i will say d) re-raise to 600...however if i was me i just call to see the flop because in this early phase of the tournament i wouldn't risk a all-in even with KK.

ahil5000

ahil5000

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If you are in the buttom position in the first hand of the tournament with a KK pair in the hand. What would you do?
The tournament player starts with 3.000 chips and has 9 player in each tabel. The two player´s in the initial positions fold. The first player in the middle position raise´s to 120 [it started with 10/20 chips BB e SB]. The third player in the middel position raised to 300 [the second mid position player fold].

a) raise all in;
b) fold;
c) re-raise to 1.000
d) re-raise to 600

I played All-in ( very bad utg reis 6bb's, he is moron, rereis it's well, but we have very strong hand better only AA, that's why we can fold and we must play for all chips, doesn't matter if it's 1st hand:cool:

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most hands I would raise to 600, but the first hand I am raising to 1000. I want to take advantage of a chance to have a psychological advantage over the rest of the table.

TheMagic

TheMagic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, re-raise to 600 is the best option.. You have a great value on the flop yet.

B

benjustben

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KK first hand? throw om in and hope for the best

N

NotVincent559

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
raise big! like 1000 or consider trapping haha always funny to trap people and see their reaction

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Raise 600 and if there is no Ace on the flop bet/reraise big. I f there is Ace and there 's been raise fold ,if there hasn't been any raise , we raaise 300 ,check the turn , and if raised in river fold.

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If you think that is a great opportunity to get chips then raise to 1.2K, if you think this pot is enough to you then raise all in, if you're scaried for AA or bad beaties then fold... I've never heard someone saying that a player folded KK pre-flop, but if you have a pact with the devil and can read AA with other player in preflop, fold and congrats

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands