KK all in?

I

IvaiLamDimidov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes you made the right play. In the situation that you described, KK is an instant call. Your only worry would be AA. Which is highly unlikely that your opponent has. Great call but bad beat.

007LesMurphy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah it sucks when that happens. KK is a monster hand technically the only better hand before the pre-flop is AA. sorry for the unfortunate beat

H

highway26776

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Apologies, I didnt notice his sig line either but having played for nearly 2 months now he surely has a grasp of hand rankings and the betting rounds, thats what i was saying in my original post, that play money is only good for learning the game in its most basic form, once you have something at stake you have something to lose and you should naturally pay more attention to how your playing?? just my opinion

Lol sounds a little like putting floaty wings on a kids arms and throwing him into a tank full of sharks :D

D

darkremixx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with an aggressive player, a KK shove was the correct move, jsut wasn't in the cards i guess .

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol sounds a little like putting floaty wings on a kids arms and throwing him into a tank full of sharks :D

You ever played 2 and 5nl?? hardly shark infested, its a much better place to learn than in freerolls and play money games, at least your building a bankroll.

"yes, you need to be good playing with play money before spend any money. otherwise will be expensives lessons i think. "

I never played play money and i don't think doyle played play money games either before he put any of his hard earned down on the table, you stack off with KQ in ep against a BTN raiser with AQ and you are pretty much gaurenteed to never make the same mistake again, every hand you play after that your gonna be the tightest guy at your table in ep. The hardest lessons learned in life are the lessons that cost you a lot when you screw up, mistakes in play money don't cost a penny so imo you can never really learn properly at those levels.

O

onbrkenwings

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You ever played 2 and 5nl?? hardly shark infested, its a much better place to learn than in freerolls and play money games, at least your building a bankroll.

"yes, you need to be good playing with play money before spend any money. otherwise will be expensives lessons i think. "

I never played play money and i don't think doyle played play money games either before he put any of his hard earned down on the table, you stack off with KQ in ep against a BTN raiser with AQ and you are pretty much gaurenteed to never make the same mistake again, every hand you play after that your gonna be the tightest guy at your table in ep. The hardest lessons learned in life are the lessons that cost you a lot when you screw up, mistakes in play money don't cost a penny so imo you can never really learn properly at those levels.

I haven't played online in the past 4 days because I'm so sick of play money. The more I learn the more I hate it because it's not what you expect after reading and studying. Making a big bet with AA and everyone calling you then getting outdrawn over and over is the most irritating experience I've had thus far... or when you get good hands but can't play them because someone goes all in with absolutely nothing and 4 or 5 people call or re-raise with nothing hoping they'll get lucky and outdraw everyone else. Your chances of getting outdrawn with that many people in the pot is pretty good I believe.. correct me if I'm wrong. I don't think their is any value to playing play money. You don't learn much besides the basics and it seems like a push fest regardless of what you're holding. Instead, I've been playing Poker Academy and I plan on making my first deposit this week or next. I'll be starting at micro stakes. Hopefully, it's better than play money. Wish me luck!

amagic

amagic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont play play money but KK great cards! I play real money with KK a reaise (0,05/0,10 NL) 1,20$ and if i get reraise i call all-in!
KK is reraise cards, but i said KK with standard 0,40 raise and check/call flop, turn, river.
He won this party but that was intresting for me.:)

M

murraygoals

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Take the good beats with the bad beats

Yes, you definitely made the right move calling an all in. Even if he has an ace, you are a statistical favorite preflop.....though some sick cards can fall to beat you. Kings are my favorite hand but when I run into aces, I can see that I overplayed them. In your situation, with an aggressive caller/raiser, the only move was to call there. If he had a big pocket pair he would've bet for value, not just pushed all in before the flop. That said, take the good with the bad and hope those kings hold next time! Good luck!

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
A hand liek AQ AK is hard for any player to let go, ussually in a cash game its a really good hand, but then again so is KK. I think u made the right descision to call, but with a lower chip stack, maybe should have played it cautiously.

Short stack with KK looking at an allin bet HU against an aggressive player; you have 2 options call or fold, you really think folding is an option in this scenario?
Generally speaking, the smaller your stack the more aggressively you need to play. :)

H

HSJBASH

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not one thats big on going in i guess you can say i like my chippies but heads up with KK I say the right call is heads up I mean chances are slim that the other person will be holding the AA

Janon

Janon

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
only 2 hands have you beat AA and AA :p that alone and the fact he was agressive player diffininity the right call than even if he did have a ace which he did he only have 3 outs with the ace you just got really unlucky when he hit the queen so had more outs 2 more queens and 3 more aces. but in general never a bad idea to call an allin with KKs when your almost sure he dosent have AAs

hrussel17

hrussel17

Enthusiast
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes it was a correct call i had a hand like that just the other day except exact opposite he had KK i had A Q suite and he raised all in after my raise so i called ended up pairing my ace and losing on the turn when a K floped, we both were the chip leadings in that tourny i had almost double 3rd and he had about 1k more than me it was for 80k chip pot (We were ITM) but yes you never really want to fold KK

golan

golan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HU heads up aggresive player. Had to pull the trigger. the river is the river. good luck next time..... well unless your playin me.
peace

hrussel17

hrussel17

Enthusiast
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
It is true that was the right call especially since he was usually an aggressive player so chances are he cant always have a good hand + your hand was the 2nd best hand pre flop and the 1st in this case there was nothing wrong with your call just caught an unlucky river

T

thegambler1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
all in all, I think you made the right play.

freak20

freak20

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
KK on Cash Game is Never ever Fold .. ALL IN is The Move On This hand all another decisions are false when this preflop :)

Mashy

Mashy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
!!!

"About one time in 24, when you hold kings at a full table, someone at the table will be holding aces."
In other words there is only a 4% chance someone is holding aces.

I shall remember :)

JaBone30

JaBone30

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definately made the right play just caught a bad beat. Get used to it online it happens more often than not. So much different from live play.

Tom1559

Tom1559

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
KK is a very strong set of hole cards. The call was right but as with all hands things change when the flop comes out and you have to recognise this and be prepared to fold. It can be hard to fold pocket cards especially K's.

Snowmobiler

Snowmobiler

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would never fold pocket Ks at a free money table!

Tom1559

Tom1559

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you knew he was aggressive then it was the right call. In fact you know it was right because he only had AQ. You were favorite pre flop and the chances of the KK holding up were better than him hitting on the A. Remember poker is a long game and you need to keep records. Over a long time you will come out top with this hand.

P

Peterr211

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems to me that unless you are a fairly small stack, the all in is an unnecessary risk. Reasonably big bets will usually weed out the weaker hands, while also giving you the opportunity to fold you KK or AA if something obviously bad shows up on the flop.

M

manalva

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi.

I have the same hand few days ago, but i had us$10 and the other guy had us$27. I did all-in and lost in the turn.

Anyway, if I have the same hand again, in a Heads Up, I'll play it. The possibilities of loose is way less more than winning.

Bye.

CostyBigRoyal09

CostyBigRoyal09

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like all the situations when I had KK in his hand went ALL .... only in some situations when we went quietly sat down ... and let the other players .... more to attack and when. .. and see what books I am so cursed .... mostly with KK should go ALL IN.....

D

dannyboy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i mean how else are you going to win any money, im just wondering if your not going to go all in with kk what are you going to go all in with. and what else do you think is going to win you money besides kk or a monster like that he jsut sucked out on you thats poker.