KJ is really bad hand?

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes KJ is a bad hand sometimes it is a good hand depending on the situation depending on what the opponents have in hand.

B

bozo77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me.. is like 80% bad, especially if not same color...

elvis mcburgerking

elvis mcburgerking

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
King Jack is a great hand against other experienced players but if you’re playing against a novice, you may find yourself getting stomped by Ace rag. I admire new poker players at the cash table that play any ace fearlessly, it’s fun to watch them win a couple times and then get squashed. I wish I had that fearlessness or lack of knowledge like yesteryears

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
not a bad hand.But if they play for the whole Bank, I reset it.For me, the Jack almost never wins. Not in any combination.

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well I don’t believe it’s a bad hand It depends a lot on how the play for me doesn’t exist, but how I’m going to play there every moment in the tournament

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
By ''default'' hands like KJo KQo, most of the times ,are open fold from early positions , on the other hand KJs ,KQs are open raise almost from every position no matter how many bbs we have.

The later the position the stronger those face cards are becoming due to their blocking effects etc.

I agree with some previous posters , sometimes hands like KJo , KJs may lead you to tough spots because many times they will be dominated. So we just can't categorize starting hands due to our short term / long term results. The case here is if we are able to play them correctly.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not think it is a bad hand, but there are many factors to consider when you go to play it, you have to see your position, your stack, the bets of other players and if I am honest I would not bet much preflop with this hand, but if in the flop a J appears, try to play it aggressive, whoever calls you is because he has something higher than JJ. Regards.

Pindiez

Pindiez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that KJ is not a bad hand! I think that is good hand but you must analyze differents situations. If you play MTT or Sit & Go you must analyze your position and the stage of the tournament. You have a lot of factors to consider if KJ is a good or bad hand 🙂

Sorry for my english 😬

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have had to lose a lot with that hand, vs AJ, KQ, I like the hand when they are the same suit but the situation usually depends but I don't usually go all in with it, I with 77 and a third of 222 lose many times ,,, They have already mentioned the different circumstances to say whether it is good or bad but generally speaking it is not to my liking:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

kiso777

kiso777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lately KJ is really a weak hand, very often losing with this card

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this is a medium strength hand but sometimes you can win not bad banks

davidsincara

davidsincara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the flop, 5 friendly cards and you'll holding the nuts!

P

pablo lima

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good most of the time yes because you won't be able to extract many chips from your opponents

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The term good or bad hand is only based on the time that you have it. After the flop any two cards can be considered as good or bad. Depending on whether you win or lose the hand determines whether you had a good hand or bad hand.

andreypuch

andreypuch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hands like KJ or QT are quite comfortable against mid-or late-position raisers.
Many people open very wide ranges in a late position, and
often you will dominate their spectrum. Again, be careful when you have a top pair with a bad kicker, since if
the opponent invests a lot of money in the Bank, then, as a rule, it will be
mean that you are bits.
Pass with hands such as KJ or QT against a raise from an early position. These hands are very difficult to play against the standard open raise range of a player opening from an early position.

A

AnatolCoS

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Good hand, just be careful wgen playing it. Going all-in on a pre-flop stage is an error imo. Unless you know well your opponent

U

UkoChebuko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KJo is not bad at all. AT > KJ = QJ > A9. Also suited, will be the same. Don't blame the hands.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With this hand, it’s very difficult to collect a straight, and after collecting a couple you can get dominated by a kicker! Therefore, I play it very carefully and only from a late position!

K

kaktus56rus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
kaktus

I think this is a good map.

C

chybaty

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not bad hand , but of course it depend on flop

U

UkoChebuko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KJ actually is easy to play with. There is a very weak showdown value. Sometime you will be using this SD value, most likely in position. Make a bet, if you can find enough weak hands, check-call, check back, if no enough weaker hands anymore.

ATo is stronger than KJo, A9o is weaker. But both hands (AT and A9o) is not so easy to play. QJo is easier to play, but if you raise QJo from HJ for example, and then you open fold KJo from there, this will be looking so dumb. Just learn how to play with this hand.

KJs is a strong hand fot HJ, UTG, KJo good for late postions. Already top range for BTN...The problem with KJo form HJ, UTG, can't play vs narrow ranges for 3bet, not good in multiway pots. But still you can use KJo from HJ and UTG, if there are not "happy 3betors" behind you.

Last edited:
M

Mauriliro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's a good hand ... high hand.
however depend on what position you play it!
But it is a decent hand:D

Swear Engine

Swear Engine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have to repeat like a mantra 'don't play Kojak from early'.

Crash Burn

Crash Burn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not going to say that KJ is a bad hand or KJs would be much better. It all depends on the progress of the game, its position and other things like whether it is played pre-flop or post-flop. In the end it can become a bad hand or not. I'd say it would be a mediated hand.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands