I experience this a lot on pokerstars

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have happy cards changing, there are no constantly happy or bad cards:)

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no hand that constantly loses. The strength of KJ depends on the position. For UTG-KJo, a bad hand. For BU, this is a good hand.

Dimission

Dimission

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
K J is still a good hand? You have chances on a street and high pairs. I would sign for always having this hand. I agree that A7, A8 and A9 more often causes a losing hand than a winning hand.

M

mollymaggie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys. I noticed that I almost always lose with this hand. Even A7 and A9 will be better than that. And what about you? Do you have a hand that constantly loses in any all-in? Which one?

My all in hand is AA and if I get multiple callers about 90% of the time they get cracked. So if you think AA is the win all hand think again

mt2lhd

mt2lhd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing with KJ may be a little bit tricky but it has so much potential after the flop, I have seen a lot in micros that people shoving with KJ pre-flop and loosing the hand, You should be aware that the most strength of this hand is after the flop as you mentioned there are straight draws and face card pairs that you can get value from them very good,
If you want calculate equity of a hand compared to another you can use Apps that made for this reason, I think equity of KJ compared to A7 should be something like 60%

Benkisto_BR

Benkisto_BR

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Today I was watching plays by professional players with comments, and the guy spoke of KJ, saying it was a terrible hand. Of course, everything will depend on the play, and the need to play that hand.

Gaviria8

Gaviria8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KJ is not that good how it looks (I don't know if that make sense in english)

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't have these hands, I like all the hands that I like. I don't like hands like A7 A3 mismatched. I think this is a marginal hand.

alexand8r

alexand8r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh, it gave me a lot of thoughts! Thank you friends for the active discussion. Now I have more clarity on this subject.

E

eagleaces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is K J a good hand?

I personally like king jack suited or not. When in late-mid to late position, and you wake up with K J, lots of players i see wanna just call or over bet it pre-flop, not me. My raising in that spot is always 2.5x the BB. I'm always prepared to fold to a reraise pre if the player is a tight one and of course adjust if the player is loose. I try to not get it in pre-flop as much as possible and i only continue with strong equity. So like any other hand K J is very profitable you just cant over play it and also dont allow fear to make you underplay it or eliminate it altogether. K J is a goldmine if you know how to use it.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A Q for me was a loser. Looking over my hand history early on, was played too strong and out of position. It took about 4 months to turn it in to a winning hand. Was like red flag when it showed up. Proceed with caution came to mind.

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think K-J is a bad hand. This is another one of those hands that so many players seem to find problematic, that I simply don't have a problem with. Like any other hand I win with it sometimes and sometimes I lose with it. And like any other hand, I try not to get too carried away with it, so losing a hand doesn't mean losing my entire chip stack.

I have to wonder if the problem people are having with this hand has anything to do with the way it's being played. I see where a lot of players are saying that K-J is a good hand to limp in with. I disagree. I don't think any hand is a good hand to limp in with. Limping in means you're allowing more opponents the opportunity to see a cheap flop. Playing a hand against more opponents reduces your chances of actually winning the hand. Playing any hand this way is going to be problematic. At the same time, I see a lot of players ship all their chips into the middle. Again, playing any hand this way, not just K-J, is going to end up being problematic.

Nicolasd07

Nicolasd07

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not at all, I think KJ is a good hand but it all depends on the position you are in and how the game unfolds

jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
HJ and a good hand to play it depends a lot on the position and your opponents, in the beginning of the tronei the game of final positions !

W

wulfeman007

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KJ is absolutely not a bad hand, it is worth playing late or on the button, it can be used very often to win. I'd rather play KJ than A7 A9.
i agree with this

My all in hand is AA and if I get multiple callers about 90% of the time they get cracked. So if you think AA is the win all hand think again
aa vs k3 flops a24 k 5
lol its awesome how often that happens :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It doesn´t exist a bad hand, but depend on your position at the table and the phase of the tournament, crossing these two things you´ll know if could be a bad or good hand in the moment

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A10 not my friend either

A10 is my hand of doom. I can't fold it, it looks so promising. Occasionally hit with it. But usually it a loser. Smart money runs from AJ and A10.

E

enzomyn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys. I noticed that I almost always lose with this hand. Even A7 and A9 will be better than that. And what about you? Do you have a hand that constantly loses in any all-in? Which one?

KJ is not such a convincing hand, in my opinion, it is considered average, so it does not always bring good results, I recommend opening a flop with that hand.

S

stephan7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

King Jack has also been very bad for me especially in all-in situations. Now, I tend to fold king-jack if faced with an all-in decision pre-flop and learned my lesson :icon_thum. King Jack isn't necessarily a bad hand though and if played correctly and with a nice flop you could make a straight and other favorable hands. Game on!

S

stephan7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Haha we have all been there. We think we have the hand in the bag until the flop comes and we see nothing that helps. You gotta keep playing them aggressively though and hope that your poker luck reigns superior!:D

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've heard of the hand KJ referred to as the "Rookie Hand" because it has mowed down more rookie players than any other hand. It is a decent starting hand, but can easily be over-valued by beginners. Especially deep stacked, this hand may be trouble if not played carefully. As many have mentioned, this hand is dominated by many hands that Villain could very possibly hold. However, this isn't a terrible hand by any means: two cards "with paint" is not bad at all and there is straight potential or even better flush potential when suited. Who knows? Even the elusive Royal Flush is possible with these starting hole cards.

N

Nairne

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah. You should do us all a favour and start folding all broadways - it’s too tilting when you lose with them to be worth playing [emoji14]

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
KJ is not bad hand but it is not good one either

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands