Chips
It has potential but needs improvement.

Royal_074

Royal_074

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good hand to see flop because the combinations with KJ can be very strong, but this hand is bad to go all-in

fialhosm

fialhosm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of all the hands, this is not the worst, far from it.
If you find this bad, imagine leaving with A2.
It gives me desperation ... when I leave with 22, I do not even pay to see the flop open.

A

AKbadboyAK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends heavily on the level of blinds and our stack and position as we can play with KJ is a good hand after the flop, I already short open this KJ when we are in position and the players are very passive and with a good stack to play the post flop.

caterina12

caterina12

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's not good, you can lose all the money, firsthand

Diegol

Diegol

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is a good hand mostly in position but the fishes tend to overvalue this hand

A

asancheez

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends

It is a very open question, it is necessary to see your stack, your position, if you are playing a tournament, cash, spin & go etc.

A

Aknight3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Imo KJ is only good from very olat position with one or no raises in front...kj is a quick way to run into trouble

Elvin771

Elvin771

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I lose a lot of time with this hand:rolleyes:

Mikica1122

Mikica1122

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love KJ that's my favorite card with them I'm always lucky.:D:D:D:D

R

rudy988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never liked that hand from day one :(

Again , would rather prefer 22 ;
Ofc , if I'm shortstack on tourney , and middle/late position ,maybe would push it ! (depending mostly about others)

bra01

bra01

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think K-J not to be a good hand,because K-J usually dominated

by A-K or K-Q and lost huge of your chips

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had a post about KQo and how I struggled to play it. I've found that I was playing the hand against the wrong type of player in the wrong position. This hand can be played from any position against a Hyper LAG but against TAGs you should considering playing this hand from the HiJack to the BB pending there's no 3 bets in front of you. If its suited you may want to 4bet but thats only if the opponent has a high 3bet frequency preflop. From an opening standpoint the earliest position would depend on your table image. If your finding that the you have a tight image you could open from UTG. Also keep in mind that occasionally, very few times, you'll have to open this hand UTG and other positions I said you shouldn't open, call, raise, 3bet and even 4bet from. This will protect your range from being so polarized. Also this is all very stack dependent as well. I answered the question as if you were in a tournament 40-100bb with antes involved or deep stacked at a cash game.

bruno13xs

bruno13xs

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In the game of poker there are many combinations of cards between them K-J for my taste a very bad hand whenever I play with K-J I get for example 2-10 Q and always lose my hand. What do you think about this hand? do you like? you don't like? Do you think it's a good or bad hand?
It is not such a good hand nor bad depending on your position at the table and if you hit something on the flop it can get big

kratos

kratos

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer JJ or KK .JK isn't a pair.Only straight or if you hit the flop 2 times for you win the hand.In early positions fold,near the dealer I just call.

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depends a lot on their pre-flop aggressiveness, to protect them but rather a good hand.

BnaD

BnaD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Love me some KJ suited. Trick is to know when to hold...and know when to fold it....

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
K J is what is known as a speculative hand.

K J is good in different situations. It is good to get to a flop with this hand a proceed from there. It is also good when you get down to a few players on a final table. I played it fast when I first started at poker and lost a lot of big pots with it. Now I take it slow and try to play small ball with it.

F

Fastone2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usua/lly don't play K J, however, if the flop hitd your hand, any two cards will be good cards. Right?
You can use any two cards that ya want. I hope you open up your card selection an win... Having fun is what I am all for....

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands