Is K-J a good hand?

J

jach24

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the game of poker there are many combinations of cards between them K-J for my taste a very bad hand whenever I play with K-J I get for example 2-10 Q and always lose my hand. What do you think about this hand? do you like? you don't like? Do you think it's a good or bad hand?

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Think of it like this.Sure,you would like a `better` hand,but how many hands are `worse` than KJ?:)

firstcrack

firstcrack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've heard it dubbed the 'rookie hand' for obvious reasons. I see it overplayed quite often.

RidersFan

RidersFan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you have a good post flop game then it's very playable. If you get married to top pair and can't find folds on dry boards then you should stay away from playing KJ because it's very good at making 2nd best hands.

W

WhenSheSmiles

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play KJ on the BTN or CO or HJ -- basically in position.

If no one has led out, or 3bet an open from earlier position (like UTG , +1, +2 ) before I am to act then I know I probably have the best Kx hand.
I doubt people would not raise, or re-raise KQ or AK before me.

If there is an open before me I tend to just call with this hand, I rarely repop it unless a maniac is opening 50% of hands.
But I play microstakes so that's why I dont 3bet in position with this hand because in micros you will only face better hands most of the time...everyone is a mega nit. And many will open very small hoping someone with KJ goes crazy in position.

Gl at the tables !

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For a tournament it is a bad hand, in late stages if it can be very useful

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KJ is not a very bad card for me,
Sometimes such a card plays very well against AQ - AK - QQ, but you need to play it carefully and get into the moment when there are no big raises, and it goes well at a small bet, for me it is a normal card when I do not have the best cards, and such normal

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think a good hand,you can play in middle or late position.Better Q10...

denand90

denand90

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think its a okay hand you can do it if posession is good.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I consider this hand an average dignity for myself. At the beginning of the tournament, when the blinds call a small bell with this hand. In the future, everything depends on the size of my stack. On the last table, when there is still a table full of players, then with KJ I try not to play. As the number of players at the table decreases, this hand is more acceptable for the game.

T

Thenightrain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a decent hand but one you must be careful not to overplay as against tight opponents it's likely that when you connect with the flop your opponent has you out kicked.

almaihotz

almaihotz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i didnt raise with kj only limping when is possible coz is a quite strong hand better than average other starting hands.It has some value and must be profit there that can be extracted.:cool:

lezhnindima

lezhnindima

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is a good hand, I often won with it, my opinion above 10 is already good))

vitalii029

vitalii029

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have often noticed that with this hand in online poker often lose don't know why but this online poker there can happen anywhere

AMTF1988

AMTF1988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Two Broadway cards, worth a shove in Super Turbo tournaments, and like any other hand should be played depending on strength and the cards that come on the flop

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is a bad hand, certainly. In hand rankings, KJ off suit is even below "E" hands, meaning - unplayable. It is only better than QJ, which is almost completely useless :)

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
KJs is nice hand for push in the position to multipot throught short stack

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
From late positions KJo is ok for open raising, otherwise you are most likely dominated. It's not that strong as it may appear to be.

On a sidenote, whenerever I have it or see that KJo is being overplayed, this video is coming up in my mind LOL
It's Tony G telling his opponent how bad he played KJo hand :D

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think with this card it is possible to play in the late and middle positions if the cards of the same suit and the players at the table are not aggressive then I must play from the early position !!!!

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's insidious hand. It can lead to victory. May also be the cause of the collapse.

T

Two6JJ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like Kjo as a starting hand. It is better than most but like others can burn you if you don't play it well post flop.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From late positions KJo is ok for open raising, otherwise you are most likely dominated. It's not that strong as it may appear to be.

On a sidenote, whenerever I have it or see that KJo is being overplayed, this video is coming up in my mind LOL
BEST Attitude In Poker - YouTube
It's Tony G telling his opponent how bad he played KJo hand :D
I remember this well,,back when Tony G wasn`t used to winning yet,lol.As you can see the professionalism of Perry,even as Tony dances around the table,he still says `nice hand`,,,,a classic,and a lesson in how you want to act at a poker table.:cool:

C

C3H6S

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
maybe suited but dont risk with this hand just pay few...

SydTheCat

SydTheCat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
KJ is a great hand if you're opening in the CO or BTN. I wouldn't suggest playing it EP unless it's suited or the table is tight.

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi! Like many people mentioned, this hand requires late position for opening. But you also can try limping with KJ from other positions in a tourney if table and your stack size allows you to limp. Oh, btw, are we talking about tournament poker or cash games? Because there is a big difference.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands