beat; - 124 dollars today
fml fml fml:mad:

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Isnt that for 6max and if its an Ebook cant we simply just buy one copy and send it to eachother?
Yeah its mostly for 6max and after thinking about it im defenatly buying it.

50nl is so far so good.
Dont have alot of hands in yet since if droped down to 2tabling but i will get there :).

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just had quite a long convo with switch about the maths side of poker and tbh I never really calculate or work out any math decisions when playing. I dont know what the odds are if hitting flushes with 1 card to come etc are and I dont understand ranges and assign people ranges enough so I am going to have some "focus" sessions where i play 4/6 tables for an hour maybe do this twice a day to try and get my brain thinking about decisions etc and trying to work out why im doing things.

going to start with looking at outs and pot odds like what can i call to be profitable and ranges in pokerstove to try and help me put villians on a range!

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
GL all!

May ended up being so-so after experimenting too much/fps... But overall, a satisfying month from a learning perspective, thanks to you guys.

Signed up with stox, need to stay focused and not waste the investment - too easy to just start sessions when I sit at the computer...

I tried two sessions of FR yesterday (25NL and 50NL), only 700 hands. Hadn't tried FR since switching to 6max in February. It looked to me on this very limited sample like playing 6max, with the jacked up aggression and emphasis on positional play, gave me a bit of an edge esp. at 25NL, where it looked to me like most players didn't know what to do in response (while I was running 22/18 on a 25NL table, a reg (I think) called my 4bet pf and my flop shove with K9o on a 972r board - yes, I had an overpair that held up - wheee!!!).

I got the feeling there are a greater proportion of noob/casual fish:regs in FR? Like I say, the sample size was small - but it's getting rare for me to find tables at 50NL6max where there aren't at least two solid regs on the table, and I think very few of the players I played in FR were regs...

Unfortunately, I forgot how boring FR is compared to 6max (just IMO, no offense :D )... but I think I could increase the number of tables for FR over my 6tabling for 6max :) ... but I tile tables and never got comfortable with cascading :( ... meh...

Lemlywinks

Lemlywinks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wanna work on the MTTs and such as well this month, so depositing into stars again with some of my old winnings for 10nl + unlimited tickets to daily 2k freerolls

Be kind June!

S

SONIC589

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
had a decent session tonight. I was up 3 buyins at 2nl then had a bad beat. I had trip A's and lost to a full house K's full of A's. Ended up about 1 1/2 buyins up at the end of the session.

Richyl2008

Richyl2008

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Going to be playing 6max and experimenting with some heads up play this month. If anyones interested in doing a session review or something pm me.

SeanyJ

SeanyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Going to be playing 6max and experimenting with some heads up play this month. If anyones interested in doing a session review or something pm me.

If you start playing HU I'll gladly do some session reviews with you. Let me know.

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just had quite a long convo with switch about the maths side of poker and tbh I never really calculate or work out any math decisions when playing. I dont know what the odds are if hitting flushes with 1 card to come etc are and I dont understand ranges and assign people ranges enough so I am going to have some "focus" sessions where i play 4/6 tables for an hour maybe do this twice a day to try and get my brain thinking about decisions etc and trying to work out why im doing things.

going to start with looking at outs and pot odds like what can i call to be profitable and ranges in pokerstove to try and help me put villians on a range!

Good gracious. If you are a winning player without using even concepts as basic as odds to improve, and pot odds, you ought to be a serious force once you begin using them , and adjust to your new info.

Lemlywinks

Lemlywinks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good gracious. If you are a winning player without using even concepts as basic as odds to improve, and pot odds, you ought to be a serious force once you begin using them , and adjust to your new info.

QFT Jurn. It'll definitely help now annd for sure in teh long run

C

custo80

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not a horrible start to the month.

8 games @ FT $12 games = 3 3rd's (suck)
4 games @ PS $16 games = 1 1st & 2 2nd's (weeeeee)

Overall up about $50 for that session

Going back to watch some motr training videos before I start again

Lemlywinks

Lemlywinks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As an aside, deposited enough to give me a 24 BI cushion for 10nl... and

Doomswitch OFF!! :D

Played a solid 16/12 for ~500ish hands 3 tabling, which I plan to move away from just first 10nl session I figured I would keep it extra simple to get into the groove

Attachments

• Picture 1.gif
    Picture 1.gif
    31.3 KB · Views: 32
Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

QFT Jurn. It'll definitely help now annd for sure in teh long run

Im actually ashamed to say yes I am a winning player without using any basic concepts even as basic as odds to improve and pot odds! I need to get learning and working hard.

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im actually ashamed to say yes I am a winning player without using any basic concepts even as basic as odds to improve and pot odds! I need to get learning and working hard.

Somehow this seems nearly impossible to me. ;)

But learn away!

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no seriously I never make calculations like umm Im getting 4 to 1 here so thats fine to call or thats a fold I just roughly think hmm 3/4 pot ill fold or 1/3 pot thats a call and I dont ever calculate outs specifically or know how many outs I have so I mean I could be missing alot of value in my game aswell and folding to much postflop.

I am learning away just looking at outs/pot odds ;)

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I'm at a similar place, different concept - stack to pot ratios - trying to improve my deep stack play... gl, my head hurts :( ...

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no seriously I never make calculations like umm Im getting 4 to 1 here so thats fine to call or thats a fold I just roughly think hmm 3/4 pot ill fold or 1/3 pot thats a call and I dont ever calculate outs specifically or know how many outs I have so I mean I could be missing alot of value in my game aswell and folding to much postflop.

That's because you WERE a huge nit and you don't need to calculate odds to know if you have the nuts or not. Now that you're opening up a little you need to figure these things out because you won't have the nuts quite so often.

Meant to ask earlier, I know you're stealing more based on Zach's advice but are you opening for a min raise like he does?

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's because you WERE a huge nit and you don't need to calculate odds to know if you have the nuts or not. Now that you're opening up a little you need to figure these things out because you won't have the nuts quite so often.

Meant to ask earlier, I know you're stealing more based on Zach's advice but are you opening for a min raise like he does?

This is the probably the most accurate statement about my run of late and im struggling tbh! I am on like a 15/16 BI downswing and am starting to question if I can actually beat 50nl and really am considering moving back down to 25nl. I dont know if its just me trying to adapt to opening up etc but I just am unsure if I can beat 50nl, Im winning at 0.32BB/100 over like 85k hands now, but I am on a d/swing atm and its not fun and get all these kinda thoughts going through my head.

I 3x to open from all positions btw

Also look in the HA need some help :)

Deltafrost

Deltafrost

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm at a similar place, different concept - stack to pot ratios - trying to improve my deep stack play... gl, my head hurts :( ...

Why dont you give us a little insight, start some talk about it. God knows my deep play is probably horrible. And the only place I've heard of SPR is in Professional No limit Holdem and i havent bought it since i lost it like 2 years ago before i knew much about poker at all.

Lemlywinks

Lemlywinks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I 3x to open from all positions btw

This is your starting raise amount, correct? I think you can make it 3.5/4 and still get roughly the same callers.

jewboy07

jewboy07

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is your starting raise amount, correct? I think you can make it 3.5/4 and still get roughly the same callers.

but keeping it at 3 makes it cheaper for us to steal