Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
of course it is a good / strong starting hand

you just should not overplay it and shouldnt quite treat it the same way as QQ+

against AQ and even KQ you are only a small favorite preflop . while with QQ you are significantly ahead against AQ KQ preflop

i personally raise preflop with JJ and flat call a reraise and look where i am at post flop and if a Q or higher is on the board i will slow down action . i will only reraise with JJ if i have significantly more chips than my opponent(s) especially in tournaments (where i will also go all in more willingly with it than in cash games)

but to be honest me personally i play QQ also with caution and dont go TOO crazy with it especially in cash games

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
when I am in short stack is a nice hand to play, even for All in, but at early or middle Touenament you need to see how the flop and turn develops!

zorro222_zorro222

zorro222_zorro222

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think JJ can be a monster hand in certain spots and an easy fold in others, it depends on the situation.

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a good pair. Only requires skill/experience to play it.

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
??????????????????

Exactly as I've said...I fold this hand more often than benefit from having it.

It plays terrible post flop.

There's a raise, a re-raise and you call.....flop comes AK2 and both your opponents are betting big. What are you doing, folding, calling or re-raising?

It's no good you questioning my experience of the hand. I was always proven right to have mucked it by the showdown !

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It's a good pair. Only requires skill/experience to play it.
No different to any other pair regardless of your exp or skill level.

Example: UTG+1 bets out, you're on the button and 3 -bet...both blinds and the raiser call you...flop comes A,K,7...??? win from there!

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes because if I hit JJ it's a good hand

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
For me, I see that it doesn't matter what pair you have. When the flop hits, we can have disappointment with JJ or AA. But I understand you. We tend to remember more the times we lose with such hands. I also lost a few times with JJ, and on the river.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
JJ and AA are both the type of hands that you can lose a bundle or win a bundle.

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For me, this is a good pocket pair, a strong enough pair to play aggressively. I usually get lucky with this hand.

Svetluj

Svetluj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
good hand for playing, never fold first

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
JJ is one of the premium hands and it is important for us to play with it in plus, depending on the situation, well, or not lose a lot if we are behind, preflop of course, it should be mainly played through a raise

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Jack's are unpredictable, same ways like other cards in poker:)

A

altaza

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you should consider your position as well

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think this hand, like TT is one of my weak points, many many times i overplay this hands, and spew my game

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I will only say that there are more times that I have lost than those that I have won with JJ

A

a1232

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
Stack size and tourny / cash etc is hugely important here. When down to anything less than 25 BBs in a tourny for example, this could be an easy all in push depending on table

alison

alison

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me JJ is a good pair but to face hands like KK, AA, QQ and even KA, KQ, AQ complicates a lot.

reeseflamees

reeseflamees

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Yes is a very good pair depends the situation, it could be an all in when no chips, or to eliminate players too, but is definitly played when steal blinds

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
JJ is a premium hand but its also a vunerable hand. Like any hand on the flop we need to play smartly but we also must know over 50% of the time there will be at least 1 over card. When it comes to jacks its about good post flop play.

Berandir

Berandir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It depends a lot on the position at the table, your stack and the time of the tournament in my opinion, as well as against your opponents, if you have reading them. But overall I believe I'm a strong hand.

PokerEdge

PokerEdge

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
HU
Chips
I think a lot of people would be happy, as I would be, if I had a pocket JJ for every hand. Of course, sooner or later my game would be quite predictable.:)

S

Shooter74

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i hate JJ....i always lose with this hand...

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
JJ and TT are always tricky to play post flop.

They are 3-bet at some frequency against late position RFI. However, their equity realization is very poor as mostly we will mostly see overcards on the flop.