Zaner

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
For me, JJ is a very bad couple
Recently, I've been starting after the flop if there's no straight or an older card appears to throw JJ

Are you lucky with a couple like this?
JJ is good,the problem is,mostly part of time will be coin flip,but is a good hand

mushthebush

mushthebush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
JJ is bad when you've got chips, but fantastic when you don't. In those moments of "I can only see the Jacks at the end of the tunnel", I go with the dollar's motto: "In JJ we trust", cross my fingers and shut my eyes. Otherwise, I just play the board and the people with them, rarely foldable.

In bounty tournaments, they are also fantastic, because you stumble accross people shoving their J4's and 83's in your face quite often.

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
i like it, just sometimes risky when playing big

G

graholskis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on runout offcourse.

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the hand is not very good, I used to play on two tables and a departure with JJ from both tables, and I have a lot of losses with this hand, it may be good for someone, but not for me, I am unlucky with this hand, I play this hand with caution,

Mimo..Mach

Mimo..Mach

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It is relative but every pair is good at the beginning and depending on the place that is occupied in the table with respect to the Dealer. The next thing will be that the bet is not so high to see the flop. With JJ you can make that move in a decent way and begging heaven for a miracle!

rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
I play JJ cautiously, it's a good starting hand that beats medium pairs TT,99,88 but when there's an AKQ on the flop, the action will slow down, and you can't win max EV.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
a great pair, the main thing is to play this hand correctly and who are you tearing this hand against

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
JJ in general you should at least open raise from every position. So this makes this hand strong. Can you jam JJ preflop? So this question you can with it depends. In a tournament with something like 15bb you can go allin from every position. In a cashgame deepstacked I would never jam. So you can say it is a good or bad hand. It depends.
I don't disagree...but more often than not (even if you hit the Jack) the flop comes AQJ....

W

WellAA

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
JJ or any pair, could be huge, specially when You see the flop another JJ. Then is no mistake, just don't bet if You don't afford to lose.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Recently, I've been starting after the flop if there's no straight or an older card appears to throw JJ

A long time ago I created a topic here talking about how unlucky I was with :jh4::jd4:.
But time went by and I see that :js4::jc4: is just like everyone else, in some very rare moments you win and in many other moments you lose.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Aleksandr1991

Aleksandr1991

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
There's a saying... Jacks never win.
They're hard to play. I suppose some have had better luck with these couples..
I mean I mostly play them, but I'm always surprised if I win:Roflmao:
I've played with JJ many times, and I was also surprised if I won

A long time ago I created a thread here about how unlucky I was with:jh4: :jd4:.
But as time went by, I can see that:js4: :jc4: like everyone else, at some very rare moments you win, and at many moments you lose. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I'm already starting to throw them off (

I play JJ carefully, it's a good starting hand that beats the average TT,99.88 pairs, but when on the AKQ flop, the game slows down and you can't win the maximum EV.
I'll tell you when you have a pair of JJ, and the table seems to be normal and your opponent has a pair of 66,55.88 and the last card helps them for the set, it's a shame, and you put the floor of your bank* (((

JJ is good, the problem is that he will mostly flip a coin part of the time, but it's a good hand.
for me, she gave more defeats than victories (

JJ, or any pair, can be huge, especially when you see another JJ on the flop. Then it's no mistake, just don't bet if you can't afford to lose.
if you get a set on your hands, then this is a victory))))

I like it, it's just sometimes risky when you play big
yes, you need to be cautious with such a thing)

It depends on the speed of the run.
it also depends on the opponent, if a strong player can also crush if something more than a jack falls on the table

B

BrunoFabri01

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
overall my win rate with JJ is around 60%...

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Quando eu ganho eu amo quando perco odeio

NiallPlays

NiallPlays

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
For me I would only push all in before the flop if I knew I was playing against a fish, I would usually just call the starting bet and see what flops if it is high cards I wouldn’t call any bets and if low cards I would call or make a small bet and if I’m lucky I may hit another Jack and either let someone bet into me and if they didn’t I would then start making smaller bets

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on the situation at hand.
I often see situations where I have JJ and the flop is filled with cards from 2 to 9. If so, it belongs here.

bullkk

bullkk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think JJ is a bad couple rather than a good couple, she's like a provocation - wait for a loss.

ipagan

ipagan

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
jj is a vulnerablea hand, just as all pocket pairs and you want to find your set with it...other way, of course it depends on this board situation, on the position and betting...But anyway it's better to have a pair in your pocket, because opponents don't hit the board just like you (y)

Artbart805

Artbart805

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

4th best hand in poker...

pabbl

pabbl

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips

Same here. JJ always lost in my experience.

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Naaah, JJ is vicious. Looks good on the hand but often turns out poor if you don' t hit a triple.

Like2Play2

Like2Play2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Strange enough with JJ, I hit a set on the Flop and my opponent with AK hits Broadway on the River.
Then it seems that every time I fold a J with a bad kicker, 2 more Jacks show up on the Flop.
Or I fold J2 and 3 Jacks show up on the Flop.
But sometimes I get lucky and the flop is J22. Then I can go all in.