$$$ January SnG thread $$$

N

nicoiko

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since beginning of the year, I'm probably on the hugest heater I've ever been since I start playing poker 4 years ago.:)
Only 6 days : 426 SNG for a 600$ profit.:eek:

On FT alone, I'm up 500$ for 309 played. I started the year there playing 7.5$ 9-man ST SNG. Then I made enough to start play the 15$ ones.
Thought I will have a hard time adapting to a higher level.... well i was wrong... the first 40 SNG I played I'm at 38.6% ROI with 50% ITM :D
Obviously I won't sustain this pace and my ROI will go down (I'm "only" at 15% EV ROI) but wasn't really hope such a start.:eek: :p

Here is the graph for the 6 first days ( I may also have to add a few 20$ from a site where I play in € so that's about 620$ total profit)

Attachments

• first 6 january all sites.jpg
    first 6 january all sites.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 107
P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice graph. Are you playing turbo SNGs? How many tables at a time?

So, haven't officially started my charting my SNGs just yet. I played about 10 various games just to see which one is too my liking and which one I'll probably stick with. One thing i did notice is normal paced SNGs bore the h ell out of me. So, Im dropping those and will play the $1 turbo SNGs. I think those are more suited to my style of play and I like the action it can induce. I'll also get to play more turbos as well.

For January:

-Play 50-100+ Turbo SNGs. Starting off at 30 buy-ins @ $1 + .20 SNGs

-Move up at a level when my BR reaches 40 buy-ins for next limit. This will give me a bit of a cushion to play the next limit. I can safely play 10 games and then see if I can continue or if I should drop back down; instead of playing with 30 buy-ins and then being forced to drop down/move up if my results yo-yo for the first few games.

-Looking to constantly move up the stakes. Was playing on just playing $1 for X amount of games, but that's just dumb...

-Throw in about 10+ 90-180 MTSNGs just to work on my MTT game and maybe boost the BR.

Dreams of Tragedy

Dreams of Tragedy

dreamsoftragedy.com
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
jan. goals
1. win
2. win
3. win some more
4. lose ( blast )

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This should be a cakewalk for me if everyone played like this at these limits.

I know..... Stats show what you can do!!!!
:D from last year, the small amount of SNGs i did play, with CC games.
Am i stealing too much from the button???
attachment.php

N

nicoiko

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice graph. Are you playing turbo SNGs? How many tables at a time?

I'm playing a mix of regular, turbo, Super Turbo, DON or 18-27 players SNGs :)
But on Full tilt where 90% of my profit come from, I only play 9-man Super Turbos. If you're somewhat good on push/fold ranges and bubble abusing you easily could sustain a double digit ROI on these (at least at 7.5 and 15$ levels which is where I play) ;)

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good job Nico - I might have to play around with those super turbos at some point.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ugh...off to a really bad start with the SNGs.

LOL

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe...I'm just getting the bad end of the deal when I'm getting it in good and people are hitting their hands more often than I am. I can't fault them or anything since I'm playing turbos and action gets forced really fast. Only a few times where I'm really ahead with big PP vs ATC. But most of the time its 60-40 situations in my favor.

Eh, maybe I came back into the bad end of variance and can expect a huge upswing later on...

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Well you've done it before, you can do it again :icon_thum

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well you've done it before, you can do it again :icon_thum
Oh, yeah. Definitely. These kinds of swings are expected with SNGs; especially turbo SNGs. And I'm fully aware of that. I'm not worried about the rocky start and slight downswing at all. It's just not the start I was looking for on my return to the game. :D

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pretty much how my night has been going. Player had shoved about 20x in a row from the bubble with a healthy 7K stack, bubble pops. He keeps shoving, I take out 3rd place to get a healthy stack. He keeps shoving from HU, maybe first 5 hands. He shoves, I snap call with K9o (didnt the had anything)...BAM!

full tilt poker Game #17410503150: $1 + $0.20 Sit & Go (Turbo) (130883998), Table 1 - 80/160 - No Limit Hold'em - 14:03:33 ET - 2010/01/07
Seat 5: hen29373 (6,545)
Seat 6: Philthy (6,955)
hen29373 posts the small blind of 80
Philthy posts the big blind of 160
The button is in seat #5
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Philthy [9s Kd]
hen29373 raises to 6,545, and is all in
Philthy calls 6,385
hen29373 shows [8c 7c]
Philthy shows [9s Kd]
*** FLOP *** [Qc Jc 4c]
*** TURN *** [Qc Jc 4c] [Kc]
*** RIVER *** [Qc Jc 4c Kc] [5h]
hen29373 shows a flush, King high
Philthy shows a pair of Kings
hen29373 wins the pot (13,090) with a flush, King high
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 13,090 | Rake 0
Board: [Qc Jc 4c Kc 5h]
Seat 5: hen29373 (small blind) showed [8c 7c] and won (13,090) with a flush, King high
Seat 6: Philthy (big blind) showed [9s Kd] and lost with a pair of Kings

W

WurlyQ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm playing a mix of regular, turbo, Super Turbo, DON or 18-27 players SNGs :)
But on Full tilt where 90% of my profit come from, I only play 9-man Super Turbos. If you're somewhat good on push/fold ranges and bubble abusing you easily could sustain a double digit ROI on these (at least at 7.5 and 15$ levels which is where I play) ;)

Iono what your sample size is, and granted, my pushing ranges aren't perfect, but double digit ROI in the super turbos is very hard to sustain imo. Also, I broke even over my 300 game career at these running 25 buy in's below EV so get ready for variance.

Definitely keep on trucking if you're running good though :)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
1.) Run Good

2.) Remove emotion from my game

3.) Run Good

4.) Watch "LESS" Training Videos (watched ~10 yesterday alone...:eek: )

5.) Run Good

6.) Spend more time hooking up with peers for sweats on IM

7.) And Run Good

8.) Spend less time studying, watching, reviewing, reading,... spend more time playing and of course Running Good

9.) Don't play under $10 buyin unless turbo then never less than $6

10.) Maybe give mult-tabling some DoNs a go on Pokerstars,... I've watched umpteen training vids. on them

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ugh...off to a really bad start with the SNGs.

LOL
It's not that bad.
I'm sure you where doing great.
Their are some crazes who just won't fold.... :mad::mad::mad:

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
LOL...after breaking even on FTP after a number of SNGs then dropping ~$10, I move back to PokerStars. Get knocked out of a $1 45 seat SNG, took 2nd in the next to bring back to about where I started.

...Think PokerStars misses me.

W

WurlyQ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ohhh goal setting. Hopefully this will motivate me to achieve them.

January Goals:
1. Platinum Star = 3410 $10 DoNs or 1705 $20s or some combination
2. 10% ROI at the $10s and hopefully move up to the $20s

Progress check and self reminder to push yourself.

VPPs: 1920 (slightly behind schedule but still manageable)
ROI: 11.9% through 832 games

In the midst of a 19 buy in downswing and 265 game break even stretch. My pace of play has slowed down as a result due to more time spent reviewing my play and because it's harder to get motivated to play when I run really bad. There is no way I could have made a profit during my downswing but I certainly could have improved my EV line by at least 3-4 buy ins by making better decisions that I am certainly capable of making. The EV line certainly has flaws to it, but an EV line that is much better than the actual line definitely alleviates some of the pain.

I've realized that when I become ridiculously card dead, I tend to shove a little bit too wide because I start to think a better opportunity will not come because I'm not getting cards. This is obviously a terrible way of thinking and needs to be corrected. Not getting affected by running bad is one of the biggest obstacles I need to overcome so the next couple hundred games will be a good test for me. May my game when running bad improve!

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
<3 January so far: 83 games, +$101.15

Part I like the best is I'm finally comfortably four-tabling and starting to get some $5 games into the mix. Hoping to exceed my games played target pretty easily.

Graph:

Attachments

• Jan 2010-2 graph.jpg
    Jan 2010-2 graph.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 56
Errant Dog

Errant Dog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

In the midst of a 19 buy in downswing and 265 game break even stretch. My pace of play has slowed down as a result due to more time spent reviewing my play and because it's harder to get motivated to play when I run really bad. There is no way I could have made a profit during my downswing but I certainly could have improved my EV line by at least 3-4 buy ins by making better decisions that I am certainly capable of making. The EV line certainly has flaws to it, but an EV line that is much better than the actual line definitely alleviates some of the pain.

I've realized that when I become ridiculously card dead, I tend to shove a little bit too wide because I start to think a better opportunity will not come because I'm not getting cards. This is obviously a terrible way of thinking and needs to be corrected. Not getting affected by running bad is one of the biggest obstacles I need to overcome so the next couple hundred games will be a good test for me. May my game when running bad improve!

Hey I've played against you a bunch this week in the $10 DONs. I just started playing em.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
<3 January so far: 83 games, +$101.15

Nice job Oz, keep it up!!!

I'm just break even so far for the month. Had AA cracked 4 times last night which sucked (and I was ahead when all the chips went in). Only playing the OFC-earned freeroll this afternoon. May hit some games tonight though.

Last edited:
Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was having a great month and was 19 buy-ins up - then in my last 22 sng's I have only placed itm 3 times - 1 first and 2 thirds.

:( :( :( :(

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was having a great month and was 19 buy-ins up - then in my last 22 sng's I have only placed itm 3 times - 1 first and 2 thirds.

:( :( :( :(
Sounds like someone needs a HUG.... Or a fuzzy Bear... :)

I was hoping to play some SNG's STT's today but we lost the internet:mad::mad::mad:....

gallopingael

gallopingael

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

And 3rd in the total profit for 10 DoN leaderboard for the 10's.

Well done.