Is it too late to start playing? Is age relevant?

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think its ever too late for poker, as its a mental game. But from mental games it is a game, where are so many moves and tricks that you would do over and over even if someone wakes you up in the middle of the night too. Obviously what is exciting about it is the constantly changing environment that you are put in.
I also do love the fact that there can be a table in CC too where a 20+ year old is sitted in the same one as a 80+ year old. And what is going to happen? We can see that body is maybe became older, but the spirit and the mind doesn't loose the atributes that it had from the birth. :)

balo

balo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
Age is just a number.
I know of aggressive poker players over the age of 50, play like kids really.

What is important is your mental and also physical health , you need to stay focused on the game all the time to be successful.

R

riclambmann

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I World say it is much harder today.

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To some extent, age probably matters.It seems to me that when a young player is still remembered, although there are quite a few players who play poker for a long time in old age and quite successfully.

Tvorets

Tvorets

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's never too late to start playing, the main thing would be desire.

Master4eva

Master4eva

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
its not to late but does depend on what you want to do? cash or mtts? both require different levels of focus.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The secret is simple, do not gamble !!! If you are new to poker. It's simple. We started with chips, now there are freerolls. In general, my advice is based on the theory of 10,000 hours, which is enough to start risking your money. This time also includes learning theories and strategies!

Hmm...
I've noticed you seem to have a habit of resurrecting old posts... often ones where the original poster hasn't been on the forum in years (I saw one thread yesterday that was 8yrs. old & was in regards to some old Cardschat buyin league with Pokertracker & a poker book offered for leaderboard prizes).

This 'theory of 10,000 hours'.... this is what someone is supposed to do prior to 'risking your money'. 10,000 hours of freerolls? How many years would that take? 10 or 15 years? Seems a tad extreme to me. I played by depositing money on the very first day & my only regret was that I wished I'd done it much sooner.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's never too late to start playing poker. As long as you have your mental faculties you can be a poker player, age is not a factor.

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
31 is not at all too young to start. But if you're insecure about your age at 31 I'm not sure if you'll be a winner.

Xambo

Xambo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started playing when I was 39. I always tell myself it's never too late

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is never too late to start playing. I never really started to play online poker until after I retired

D

DDISPARO

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you dont have any problem for think correctly... no