Is it possible to make a bankroll just from Freerolls?

n3rv

n3rv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wonder to know if you guys think it's possible to make a nice bankroll like $100, just from freerolls.
Give me your answers!!

Yes, it is possible. I made ~$1000 from freerolls a few years ago. The main trick is to only enter ones with low players and high value prizes and only play when you take it seriously. Most of these will be private or due to some other reason like depositing or achieving points. Sometimes it is better to go on lesser known sites to get better game selection but it is also not necessary if you have time and patience and play well.

I started playing again a month ago recreationally and have made ~$33 from smaller freerolls. It is better to win a big one but the wins come when least expected so you have to play humbly and be patient even when you don't win a lot. Due to this, some players would say it is better bankrolling yourself properly without freerolls and learning at a better level or that it is not possible or not worth the time. But it depends what your goals are.

I

Ian McCudden

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sounds like a reasonable plan to start with and when you feel comfortable start playing for cash

Scott419

Scott419

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes for sure! I've done it many times. I rarely rarely deposit online. I usually cash in a freeroll or two and then bring up from there. Takes patience. Freerolls aren't the easiest to win. And have to play on multiple sites for access to more freerolls. I can help ya out.

alienat3d

alienat3d

easy-going alien grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wonder to know if you guys think it's possible to make a nice bankroll like $100, just from freerolls.
Give me your answers!!

Sure you can, at PKR i have made around $180 already just from playing Freerolls and micro SNGs, before i have made my very first deposit at another poker room from that money. Basically i did never played poker in my life for my own money lol. But the times changed and unfortunately the most best Freerolls are available only for those players, who have made at least min. deposit already. :deal: But i think it's okay to deposit $10 or $20, to be able to play at some nice freerolls. I mean, if you not going to loose that money, those money are not paid, it's just transfered to your poker account and you could withdraw it later again. However before you make any first deposit, it's very important to compare as many different options for affiliation and bonus code as you can find for that poker room, where you about to make deposit. Because if you not do so, you are loosing great value, which you can get only though affiliation, which you can get only at that moment, when you are making your first deposit. It can be bonus money (where you have to make some rake to be able to get additional money to your account, which maybe not very suitable for beginners), it can be some special private freerolls, where only affiliates from specific website can take part in or it can be instant cash/tickets credited to your account. You have to really sort it out, what affiliation program is better for you!
Also i do recommend you "not having all eggs in one basket" and keep only those money on poker account you really need for the next few weeks, the rest better to keep on skrill, neteller or Bank Account. For two reasons. 1) You never know if black friday happen again. 2) It's always nice to have extra poker money somewhere else, in case there come some nice promotion or re-load bonus. And most of poker rooms managers are reacting very allergic, if you withdraw short after such bonus come and deposit it instantly. So it look for them, that you are abusing promotion terms & conditions with that. But it's not a case if you did withdraw a month ago. :deal:
I have like 10 poker accounts at most known poker rooms already, although i do play active only at like 3-4 of them. But i keeping always an eye on new promotions or special freerolls or other events of all of them. That way you get most value. But first you have to grow up your bankroll a little bit.
If you still have any questions about all that, feel free to ask an old bonus-hunter! Me! ;)

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that is how you should do it. By gradually moving up it forces you to improve and if you cant beat free rolls then the micros are probably gonna be tough.

C

C3H6S

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its a complicated road ..because much players and newbie players...everything pay all in with sick hands...hahhaha-....yesterday play 99 all in...just other player pay with 44 and these player win with flush on board hahaha very bad but is the poker...luck and discipline

caterina12

caterina12

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, it is very possible ... but also with good luck

Royal_074

Royal_074

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep, it's possible. I made nearly $100 but it took 5 months, it's very good experience to play in freerolls: you will risk when you have good cards

debriz

debriz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Again, it's very possibility especially your able to play Cardschat freerolls for freeroll club members only. Big chances..

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I won a few free rolls on ACR and won the weekly leaderboard. From there I ran it up by playing in the $11 nightly tournaments. Was up over 2k. It's definitely possible to run it up. Once you do practice better bank roll management then me. I took most of it off thinking I'd always be ahead of variance. LoL nobody is. Good luck.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cardchat PP Freeroll-2nd place. View attachment 156577 Main Event $150,000 gtd. ;) (not looking for pats on back) just that it can b done ;) Keep the faith!

Last edited:
naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To answer the question, If "It's possible to build a BR up for free-rolls". Actually quite a few members have done so on this site.

A regular CC member I speak with on a frequent basis has built up a decent $7K BR from nothing without making a deposit, and other members whom I spoke with built BRs of ($10K+) from nothing but using Free-rolls as a means.

I myself have built up BRs In the $500-$10k+ range a few times (Mind you I use horrible BRM) and have lost It (Time and Time again).

The best advice when attempting to build a BR up, Is to focus on 1 site (That offers many positives to It).

Take for example (party poker), the games are soft+the fields are small (When comparing to sites such as Stars+FTP). The prizes aren't that bad (But aren't that great), now on top of all of this, PP has CC held games to the weekly $150K GTD (that Is $109 to enter). If that wasn't enticing enough, they offer all sorts of free-rolls (varying on country) and other things of that nature. The only down-side to It (Is that you must make a min deposit In-order to be able to participate In all of these.

Now again lets look at "Titan Poker", and what they offer In comparison to other sites, well they have a nice 200% Deposit bonus+$50 worth of tourney tickets to ($10K GTD Free-rolls) for first time deposits and (If you use the CC link to down-load that site), you get entry (After making min deposit) Into the monthly $1k CC game, Isn't that so much more worth It than (say) grinding for 6+months for $300? When the $1K offers a 1st place prize of $300 USD, with smaller field sizes (Rather than the 1k+Fields In games @ Stars).

Than their's the hard route but very worth It also, and that Is the route of going via the PSO @ Stars and working your way up the levels In that league to win the ultimate $3k prize for first place (That Is a longer route but a very worth while route also), and theirs a CC member that has made over $12k from those PSO league games.

Anyways I wish you the best, and gl In w/e road you decide on

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management Freeroll Passwords