Is it OK to never bluff?

Jooseme

Jooseme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to have some bluffs to balance your range. It really depends on your opponents during the session. I always try and include a bluff or two. Can't win at poker by waiting for AA

melodyman169

melodyman169

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's OK to never bluff in cash game if you have got low bankroll.
In other case it isn't OK.

proud2Bwhack

proud2Bwhack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In microstakes, and vs bad players it is the correct way to play absolutely.

TakenUrPlay

TakenUrPlay

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
some rules when bluffing

I try to have something like a draw. I also usually will chose the really tight guy or a weaker player to bluff but I don't think I bluff often enough. Maybe someone can provide some more thoughtful rules or guides to think about when considering bluffing? I know if we don't bluff enough everyone will be able to read us and then exploit our play.

Last edited:
J

jeffcantbluff

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
its ok never to bluff

with a table name like mine how could I bluff lol
:D

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of the time two players miss flop or even have the same hand who ever has the biggest pair of balls and bets normally takes it good luck.

stx-fiddlestx-mini-lacrosse-balls_mainProductImage_Large.jpg

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never bluff unless you have a read on your opponent. Players will call you all the way to the river with nada but their bottom pair might beat your bottom pair.

Tony Vayer

Tony Vayer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play without bluffing is not necessary. You can steal blinds with a bluff.

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is very ok if you have a profit.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Starting as TAG without bluffing is a good starting point.
It allows you to stay quite long in MTT's.
At some point, bluffing is required to increase the ROI.

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in poker a bluff is needed but in moderation. need to learn to to read players against whom and when he can work

N

NBB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never Bluffing in poker can be put into two groups.

Group 1: your only concern is having a friendly game with your friends.
Group 2: you play poker to make money.

Never bluffing is absolutely fine if your mindset is in Group 1, and of course, if you are really playing this game to make some extra cash, never bluffing is one of the worse choices a player can adopt.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So true, I remember at one point I would avoid playing against ANY Russian player because not matter what you could expect a raise. It can also work in your favour when you actually hit the nuts.

Bluffing is an important part of everyone’s poker game. Like people above stated it best to learn your opponent and bet to your advantage.
I think you need to have a bluff in your weaponry as it can be a crucial part of your game..especially when you have spots where you can use it effectively or even set traps for later streets or hands by building a table image that screams...i might be bluffing here..
Remember bluffing is only as good as the moment presents, the cards and most importantly the lead up to the bluff and your initial and continued bet sizing...

Regards

pirateglenn

BnaD

BnaD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should be able to find easy spots to bluff. Start with semi-bluffing strong draws. When you are in position and it is checked to you, bet small, like 1/4 1/3 pot on boards that look scary. If they continue then shut down, but you will find a lot of the time you can take the pot down with small bets.

Bassgeye

Bassgeye

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I try not to bluff on the river without a real good read on my opponent and rarely if more than heads up on the river. I will semi-bluff all streets with a draw and if the odds are right run a race. Sometimes it's just go big or go home.

polote21

polote21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is preferable not to bluff, keep in mind that the villains will bet when they have good hands or concrete projects, you can get into serious problems.

Filip Krstevski

Filip Krstevski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is really your decision and its up to you. If you feel good without bluffing than you should respect yourself and follow that rule. In my opinion, from time to time everybody should bluff to win their pot. Bluffing is part of the game so you wont be doing anything stupid if you bluff sometimes.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What about throwing out a c-bet against one tight opponent who checks to you after a dry flop? This is a kind of bluff you may want to try sometimes.

UberRogue

UberRogue

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My favorites are when i am bb and get to see a flop. Most people behind me either flatted or folded and the checks all streets. Ill throw in a small bet on the river and either collect the pot or yell at screen because some flopped trips and didnt bet.

W

wacosteel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are other ways to win, but if you never bluff you're missing out on a big part of the game's possible strategy.

kratos

kratos

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i have been playing cash games .1/.2 on Americas Cardroom and dont bluff is that ok with the low stakes i play?
I'm learning that a good poker player needs to bluf,but this is really hard to do.Me for example;I am like you I never bluf and I think I need to get encouraged to bluf some hands.

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is not normal you have to bluff there is not this player who does not bluff, so that your bluff is successful, you have to make your opponent think that you have a strong hand.

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with dakota. It's gotta be part of your game.

bruno13xs

bruno13xs

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You have no problem not bluffing.But depending on the table you wait a certain moment you can bluff the times

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No

I big part of good poker is pulling off a bluff now and then. It is to powerful of a tool not to use. Good luck !