Interesting to know!

bighert2

bighert2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Luck can certainly help you close the deal, but tactics and knowledge will get you the point where you have that opportunity. What are you gonna do with it?

Anjo

Anjo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have tried to play good poker, sometimes there are some hands that I did not even expect.
Luck? I think I have few, but as it is a game of strategy and technique, I will wait for my time to arrive.

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I stick to tactics, but this is sometimes not enough to win.) Luck plays a huge role in poker

S

SeriousBizzness

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lucky???

You could be the best poker player in the world but if you sit down at a game and get dealt 72, there’s not much that you can do. Now one of the reason I love poker is because unlike spades or other games, you can still win with a losing hand. You can finesse a pot sometimes. But if you are just not getting the cards, sometimes it’s hard.

On the other hand I’ve seen and had lucky streaks. Times where you just had the best hand every time. It can go both ways. But I think that a great game will have some of both.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Luck is the ultimate wild card. You can play perfectly but still lose. And if lady luck gets you on a big pot, you could really be hurting money wise.

If you play poker you gotta accept that you will get unlucky, especially if you are good.

If you rely on luck to win, then you will be a losing player unless you just quit after lucking into a big win on a big hand.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is certainly a "luck" factor that comes into play but over the long run we all should experience the same amount of luck. I believe a players skill and knowledge of the game are what cause a player to have success. Also, making the correct decisions can limit your opponents chances to get lucky and also give yourself some chances to get lucky.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
No doubt, that luck is very important in poker. But luck is always valued and not only in poker. Honestly, I would like to think that the tournaments in which I win, this is primarily due to skill, and then thanks to luck.
Good luck.

NevermoreSF1

NevermoreSF1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi.
No doubt, that luck is very important in poker. But luck is always valued and not only in poker. Honestly, I would like to think that the tournaments in which I win, this is primarily due to skill, and then thanks to luck.
Good luck.
I also would like to believe it!

There is certainly a "luck" factor that comes into play but over the long run we all should experience the same amount of luck. I believe a players skill and knowledge of the game are what cause a player to have success. Also, making the correct decisions can limit your opponents chances to get lucky and also give yourself some chances to get lucky.
I just would like to see that skill still outweighs luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck is a huge part of poker because it allows players will less skill to have short term success. Which the game needs so that their money can be put into the poker community. This is what allows there to be pros. Luck can also keep you from reaching success while building your bankroll, especially if you have poor BRM you'll find it even harder to achieve your goals.

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Sure luck plays a big role in poker but you have to get
that chance for that card to make a great hand buy your skills.
Also there is that card that makes your opponents hand, thats
bad luck.

polote21

polote21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that luck is decisive only in 10% because most of the hands you should know what to play and how to play it, that does not determine your level as a player, if you played your cards well and still lost you do not feel uncomfortable I assure you that in the next 100 games if you play well your cards will win

NevermoreSF1

NevermoreSF1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sure luck plays a big role in poker but you have to get
that chance for that card to make a great hand buy your skills.
Also there is that card that makes your opponents hand, thats
bad luck.

I hope that I will have more happy chances!

linf

linf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
mathematics, psychology, luck - in poker until the last second it is not clear who will win. for this we all love it so much!

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Isn't luck just math in your favor? Instead of good luck, I say may the math be ever in your favor!

Kingpoetmusic

Kingpoetmusic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck certainly helps in poker. Skill goes a long way in being successful. I think the combination of both are good to have.

Some games I have no luck at all and can't even hit a pair. The others I can't even fold due to being so hot.

I choose skill over luck.

Good luck!

J

Jatoshi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess it depends on many factors, but you need of course to be kinda lucky. So, you cannot say its only luck or the way how you play which makes your successes successfully. :D

polote21

polote21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everything will depend on your goal if you play only for fun or for specific objectives, luck can affect your game but in the long run the skill and perseverance will be victorious, the micro-betting rooms are designed to mentalize players with intentions of advance that luck exists but that skill is your weapon to overcome it.

PuMa8818

PuMa8818

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Я не помню, кто сказал:
«Когда вы новичок в покере, у вас есть 10% скила и 90% удачи». Стать профессиональным 90% скила 10% удачи "

neiroob

neiroob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play only with good hands, but as the situation develops, I will win with it or lose it all depends on luck.

PokeRocK

PokeRocK

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It is our skill that gets us to positions of being lucky.
Mathematically speaking, luck a.k.a. short term variance balances out in the long run (meaning everyone has the same level of luck in the long run).
So if you have a bigger skill edge vs your opponents, you will win more in the long run.

For cash games: You can win bigger vs fish so that when you get bad beats you are still profiting.
For Tourneys: You can use correct tactics and adaptation to reach more final tables, and increase your ROI, etc.

The key to successfully overcome poker's swings is bankroll management and the discipline to follow it with a cool stature even when things don't go your way for a longer while.

But do make sure you are not playing bad if you are on a longer losing streak.

M

mayoroftittycity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll take luck whenever I can get it! And I'll also take an opportunity to learn whenever I can get it!

PuMa8818

PuMa8818

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Luck is not an unimportant factor. There would be no luck in poker, there would not be so much money

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there is some sort of luck in poker.. cause if there wasn't luck then all power hands would hold up.. players with the best hands would win all the time. if you have my tournaments you know yourself sometimes you need to have that luck.