Interesting to know!

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If an experienced player and a wealthy man meet at the poker table, he leaves with the experience of rich man experience with experienced money

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Luck has nothing to do with it,all that matters is skill.

L

lunarwolf420

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play the experience part but the run of the cards is where the luck lies. I had excellent hands turn to garbage from runner runner by some players. had AA and bet 3/4 the pot and still had two callers, with flop A K 5, bet pot turn was a 6, went all in and still had 2 callers. River was an 8. 1st caller had AK 2nd caller had 79 non-suited. was like now that is luck.

Sergiy777

Sergiy777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of Course Better Be Lucky, Than Know All Strategies And Be Professional Poker Player! :) Win AA With Your Pocket 23 Is So Pleasure! :D

NevermoreSF1

NevermoreSF1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of Course Better Be Lucky, Than Know All Strategies And Be Professional Poker Player! :) Win AA With Your Pocket 23 Is So Pleasure! :D
I have long realized that AA is not a guarantee of success)

Gulas

Gulas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After infinite plays, every player has the "same luck", the same hands, the same situations.

In a nutshell, on the long run everybody has the same luck and unluck. If that were the case, everybody would have the same money in the beginning and in the end. But that's not what happens.

Some players have an edge over the others, and this edge (their game) is what makes the money go to a few pockets.

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Agree there is luck in which cards are dealt to each player and on the board.

Differences in experience and strategy will help the better players come out on top more often than not.

If there wasn't luck involved bad players would not be willing to bet as much as they do and poker would be similar to chess (small prize pools split among the best players).

Good luck to you! :D

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello everybody. I honestly wait for both. Tactically I'm waiting for a card that is acceptable for the game and a bit of luck that would win as much as possible

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Specific tournament, luck plays a big role, so all my or most of them, wins I associate with luck.

gabpoker

gabpoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can't control luck so I focus on what I can control. So I study and play and try and focus on making better plays and putting my self in spots where I have the advantage.

NevermoreSF1

NevermoreSF1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everybody. I honestly wait for both. Tactically I'm waiting for a card that is acceptable for the game and a bit of luck that would win as much as possible
Worst of all, when you expect, and then still catch a bad beat:rolleyes:

Specific tournament, luck plays a big role, so all my or most of them, wins I associate with luck.
Sometimes I have similar thoughts) and it even irritates me a bit

Last edited by a moderator:
krisi77

krisi77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
to me and luck does not help me for now I'm very weak, I do some good results and then the tilt is eating me

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As a young poker player learning the game. I truly believed that it was more skill then luck. I've came to understand regardless of how good you are, sooner or later bad luck will find you. Pros justify this "bad luck" as variance. Is it a skill to be profitable? absolutely. does it take luck to win a poker tournament? absolutely. If that is understood, you only have 2 more questions to ask yourself....

Am I really that good? If the answer is No, or I believe I am, you probably should study the game/hand histories just as much as you play, to get better. If the answer is yes, your next question should be...

How well do I deal with Variance? Do I tilt off all my profits to make it back, or do i accept the fact I'm not running well, and just get up from the table before I lose a weeks worth of income.

NevermoreSF1

NevermoreSF1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As a young poker player learning the game. I truly believed that it was more skill then luck. I've came to understand regardless of how good you are, sooner or later bad luck will find you. Pros justify this "bad luck" as variance. Is it a skill to be profitable? absolutely. does it take luck to win a poker tournament? absolutely. If that is understood, you only have 2 more questions to ask yourself....

Am I really that good? If the answer is No, or I believe I am, you probably should study the game/hand histories just as much as you play, to get better. If the answer is yes, your next question should be...

How well do I deal with Variance? Do I tilt off all my profits to make it back, or do i accept the fact I'm not running well, and just get up from the table before I lose a weeks worth of income.
Hah is just a pity when you become the victim of this dispersion ...

Удача много значит, но сказать, что это не все, у меня пока получается, что все - так играют слабо!
Yes, it's good when everything works out! Keep it up!

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe or you are just superstitious xD

IcyNicy

IcyNicy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've learned so far that it's necessary to bet as you said "tactics". Why give your opponent any free cards if you can take the pot immediately? It's hard to say what plays the role more - the tactics or the luck. I don't like the thing that poker depends on luck too much. I play home tourneys with my friend who I can say haven't almost played before. At the same time I consider myself a better player. But. He won me a few times. More than I did him. He even doesn't know the poker rules well enough. So I can't say why he keeps winning me. May be it is just my nature and my level...

NevermoreSF1

NevermoreSF1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've learned so far that it's necessary to bet as you said "tactics". Why give your opponent any free cards if you can take the pot immediately? It's hard to say what plays the role more - the tactics or the luck. I don't like the thing that poker depends on luck too much. I play home tourneys with my friend who I can say haven't almost played before. At the same time I consider myself a better player. But. He won me a few times. More than I did him. He even doesn't know the poker rules well enough. So I can't say why he keeps winning me. May be it is just my nature and my level...
Sometimes luck even turns into an absurdity

Ben jamin

Ben jamin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck is good, but knowledge and experience are more important.

NevermoreSF1

NevermoreSF1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agree there is luck in which cards are dealt to each player and on the board.

Differences in experience and strategy will help the better players come out on top more often than not.

If there wasn't luck involved bad players would not be willing to bet as much as they do and poker would be similar to chess (small prize pools split among the best players).

Good luck to you! :D

Thank you! Good luck to you too)

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Luck instantly skill constantly:cool:

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Betting on luck is not put, although it is present.I rely on my ability to play poker and learning materials...

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm happily using my tactics to get the best luck...