I'm not feeling confident in my game

A

amirsal

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I got harrington's book on nl holdem tournaments, gonna read it and watch wsop main event episodes for a week or so before playing again.

Thank you everyone for your help, I'm a newcomer to this forum and I'm definitely gonna keep coming!

E

evangelos_christodoulou

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Set up a bankroll management and also set goals in your game. First of all, everybody play poker to make money not to loose, best way to minimise your loses, and to have more goes with a specific budget is a good bankroll management. Read about it, there are so may threats. Concentrate on one table SnG, and try to built a 75% pay out ratio, that means 75% of the times you play to be in the money, read about the strategy you need to win this, the weapon you will add in your arsenal from this, is patience, the number 1 skill in poker. Then try cash games of $0.01-0.02 stakes, here you can train your agresive playing and bluffs. Write down your progress and stay in the limits of your bankroll management. Finally lets say set a montly goal, when i first started to play online poker, i said to my self that i should be paying my internet connection from it every month, so my bankroll was around that, after some time i started to set higher and higher goals. Try it, set limits to what you can afford to loose, and what you want to make

R

ResNonVerbra

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Get some poker books

Hi,
I'm 20 years old, played poker with friends like once a month for like 2 years.
about 4-5 months ago i've decided I want to take it to the next level, trying to profit from it. I began learning and reading, playing online real money MTT's mostly (My favorite game). I've had some deeps runs, I'm mostly busting before the money, or a short time after the bubble explodes, but I have made a couple of final tables and top 100 out of 1.5-2k players mtts.

I've also started recently playing live mtt's localy (relatively small ones, about 50-70 players). I've played just 2 live tournaments, the first i've finished 11 out of a field of about 55. and today I've made it to the final table and busted 9th out of a field of 60+.

What I came here to say, and get your opinions about it, is that I'm not feeling like im actually playing well. I don't know if it's just a confidence thing or a real problem. I feel like I'm being a nit, and just running good these 2 tournaments.

I don't recall making more the 2-3 moves during the whole tournament (I'd say I played about 15-20% of hands, perhaps 10-15 hands or so.
During the tournament I've tried noticing patterns and physical tells, but I kept losing concentration and just playing the hands i've been dealt and nothing more.

Do yo guys mind sharing your opinion about this? maybe you've experienced the same thing in the past? I'm feeling really insecure and discouraged to continue attending these live events.[/QUOTE read them and try putting what you learn into practice

C

Cupcakehk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cash game

I was playing a cash game for the first time the other day. I bought in for min. 80 cents - 1/2 cent blinds, no limit and found it hard.

Some people with money would come to the table and raise almost every single hand.

I sat at a table with 6 players, but could have chosen 9.

I ended up losing everything, but wasn't sure if I should have left and found a different table. Figured every table is going to have someone who is playing agressive/stupidly.

Hoping for a good hand to trap the player but never happened.

What would you have done?

Top 10 Games