I'm a beginner

B

BackDoor2528

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
MX
Chips
Hello!!! I don't know much English so I'll say it in Spanish... I'm a player who's just starting out, I'm passionate about poker, especially the strategy part, where you have to adapt to the rivals, tournament phase, stack, etc. I've had some lucky breaks my biggest payout has been $1.7K USD, placing 2nd in a Bounty with an entry of 11usd 2 years ago from there on out there I haven't had any more charges, I would like someone to support me to know what order I should study in addition to getting a coach... greetings

Zaner

Zaner

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hello!!! I don't know much English so I'll say it in Spanish... I'm a player who's just starting out, I'm passionate about poker, especially the strategy part, where you have to adapt to the rivals, tournament phase, stack, etc. I've had some lucky breaks my biggest payout has been $1.7K USD, placing 2nd in a Bounty with an entry of 11usd 2 years ago from there on out there I haven't had any more charges, I would like someone to support me to know what order I should study in addition to getting a coach... greetings
welcome to CC second place in 11$ tournament is a nice result

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
A stable mental state in poker is incredibly important. Emotions have no place in this game. If you want to succeed, work in this direction just as you work on theory.Analyze your game. The ability to work with poker trackers will allow you to find weak points in your strategy in time and eliminate them.Constantly develop yourself.

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Welcome to CardChart read the information there and develop yourself

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Welcome to the forum. Here you will find a lot of interesting material in terms of your poker development. You can chat with competent players who can give good advice on development.

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Hello mate,

Welcome to CardsChat and congratulations on your first (of many) big scores!!

A great place for you to start would be somewhere like CC's "Become a winning player in 30 Days." (Link Below)

It should give you a step by step approach to developing your poker game. I'm guessing that's what you would be looking for when you talk about "support" and then once you've made it through that, start posting hands/asking questions in the discussion forums and people will be glad to help you!!

sibkaz

sibkaz

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
As one smart person said, CC is a big family ...In communication is found experience and meaning .... More often you will think and analyze the knowledge that comes from your community ) And it is easier to perceive . Isn't it ? )

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hello and welcome!

I recently wrote a post replying to a similar thread, so I have copied and pasted that response below. Congratulations on a very nice score. Hopefully you still have some of your winnings to reinvest in your poker adventure.

Firstly, you should not expect to be a winning player straight away almost no one is and of those that are, they are almost certainly on the correct end of variance.

Secondly, do not use money won/lost as a skill indicator - yes, winnings is how we keep score, but it is only a fraction of the story.

Lastly, how do you improve? There are loads of things you can do. Some are free, some are cheap and some are very expensive.

Free:
Number one recommendation for beginners is CardChats own 30 Day course - https://www.cardschat.com/poker/strategy/become-a-winning-poker-player/ - this is great for beginners. Breaks down the main concepts of the game and gives you an insight into basic strategy.

YouTube / Twitch - There is so much free content out there with training videos and live streamers. Check out people like Jonathan Little, Bencb, Doug Polk etc. *Warning* watching live streamers can be entertaining, but if you're looking to learn good strategy, you must focus on one or two points and take notes. Simply passively watching adds about as much value as watching your favourite show on Netflix.

Forums - post hands, read and join in discussions. Post your opinions and question other people's if it doesn't make sense to you.

Cheap:
Books. There are loads of books out there. I won't bother to list them, but take a look through the forum and you will find loads of recommendations.

Tracking software. Something like Holdem Manager or Poker Tracker is a must. They're relatively cheap, especially for the micro-stakes versions, but probably the single best investment you can make. Having the ability to review your own hands, share with others and find leaks is HUGE.

Expensive:
Join a training site. Some training sites are cheaper than others and some allow you to buy a certain package or course. This will prove expensive over the long run, but if you apply yourself and study in the right ways, it will pay you back in the long run.
Hire a coach. Probably the most expensive option, depending on the coach. The thing with a coach is they will have a knowledge of the game that will allow them to fast track you through a lot of the learning. Learning by yourself takes a lot longer because you likely don't even know what you're looking for, so you're often stumbling around until you happen across something that looks like it might be a mistake and then you have to figure out how to fix it. A coach can do all of that, probably in an hour and then help create a plan for fixing your leak(s).