I learned This by playing poker and watching youtube videos!!!

N

NeoBandit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been playing micro poker tournaments on ARC for several years. I will win just enough to keep me coming back and depositing my hard earned money thinking i will win this. These guys are so bad and I am much better at playing poker then they are. I Don't play K2o and think I am going to win, but they play that and get lucky all the time. I thought they are such bad players and i am playing good hands and i lose because these other guys are so bad.
I was wrong. Yes, these guys are bad and most likely worst players than me. But here is the truth. I realized it wasn't them that was making the bad plays and losing my money, it was me. Calling second pair knowing in my head and even telling myself he has top pair, "but i got to see if this is true" so I call his all in and sure enough he has it every time. I thought it was him making bad plays and i was just unlucky. But i realized after watching youtube and going back over these hands that yes he had K2o but when i raised on the flop I made the bet just high enough that the small blind folded but it gave him good odds to call with any hand. It wasn't him that made the bad play it was me. I didn't make the bet high enough for him to fold. I made it so it was a no brainer for him to call with any two cards in his hand.
So I fixed it. If i'm on the button and I have a decent hand to try to steal the blinds with I no longer bet 3x big blind I will make it 6x big blind because i am trying to steal not play. I have tried this in games i play and it works 85% of the times i Play and when they do call they have good hands to defend the blinds. If i don't hit on the flop depending on the player and his stats i will continue or give up. It depends on the player. But I have found that I am not betting aggressive enough to get the results i want. Now I don't bet big all the time only when i am wanting a heads-up with a certain player. I pick and choose when to be aggressive. These is working for me now. I am getting the results i wanted. so being aggressive is working for me. thanks for reading

P

Psycho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dude, just say F it and go all in, lol.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been playing micro poker tournaments on ARC for several years. I will win just enough to keep me coming back and depositing my hard earned money thinking i will win this. These guys are so bad and I am much better at playing poker then they are. I Don't play K2o and think I am going to win, but they play that and get lucky all the time. I thought they are such bad players and i am playing good hands and i lose because these other guys are so bad.
I was wrong. Yes, these guys are bad and most likely worst players than me. But here is the truth. I realized it wasn't them that was making the bad plays and losing my money, it was me. Calling second pair knowing in my head and even telling myself he has top pair, "but i got to see if this is true" so I call his all in and sure enough he has it every time. I thought it was him making bad plays and i was just unlucky. But i realized after watching youtube and going back over these hands that yes he had K2o but when i raised on the flop I made the bet just high enough that the small blind folded but it gave him good odds to call with any hand. It wasn't him that made the bad play it was me. I didn't make the bet high enough for him to fold. I made it so it was a no brainer for him to call with any two cards in his hand.
So I fixed it. If i'm on the button and I have a decent hand to try to steal the blinds with I no longer bet 3x big blind I will make it 6x big blind because i am trying to steal not play. I have tried this in games i play and it works 85% of the times i Play and when they do call they have good hands to defend the blinds. If i don't hit on the flop depending on the player and his stats i will continue or give up. It depends on the player. But I have found that I am not betting aggressive enough to get the results i want. Now I don't bet big all the time only when i am wanting a heads-up with a certain player. I pick and choose when to be aggressive. These is working for me now. I am getting the results i wanted. so being aggressive is working for me. thanks for reading

You can do whatever you want out of frustration. I think they call it tilt.

But when you bet that much from the button with the intent to make everybody fold then you are missing out on value.

The button is such strong position that you want callers and....more money in the pot.

If they fold every time to your 6x megabet then you will never felt your opponent (or realize a full double or treble up) once in a while due to the power of the button.

Good luck !

AntA_KO_v

AntA_KO_v

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can do whatever you want out of frustration. I think they call it tilt.

But when you bet that much from the button with the intent to make everybody fold then you are missing out on value.

The button is such strong position that you want callers and....more money in the pot.

If they fold every time to your 6x megabet then you will never felt your opponent (or realize a full double or treble up) once in a while due to the power of the button.

Good luck !
Mike, bet on value is not working in micropoker or in freerolls because of chips not cost a thing. and the best tactic is big bet with good hand - opps will fold or go allin =) I thing people mostly playing micro just for fun and not messing on ICM model or value bets =)))

Watcheman

Watcheman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So much text and so many letters :))) :D:D:D
I think if you have some tells on players you should make this big raises on air because use only stats it can be dangerous and you loose a lot of chips.
Hey man, today everybody know that you should play agressive even in my backword country ;););). But your bet depends of your stack, of stack your opponent, of what prizes in tournament, what stage of tournement etc...
I think the main rules are so: you must be flexible and able to adopt to your opponents and second be careful especially at the end of tournament.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you want to win a big pot, you need your opponents to participate in the hand,and not discard cards ahead of time.

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Yeah, it's essential to play exploitative game in order to be successful in MTT. So it means you need to pay attention to the tables and not just use your average/standard strategy, but adjust your play to your opponents, especially the ones sitting right next to you on both sides. Just make sure that your adjustments exploit weaknesses of your opponents more than they exploit yourself. Like 6x openings from BU is not very beneficial for you, although vs very specific opponents it might be a good thing. Good luck :)