I generally do not shove all-in pre-flop. Please read...

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I make it depend on opponents chips stacks. I will bet enough to get one caller or go all in. Last thing you want is your aces vs 2 or more opponents. I rather win everyone's blinds if they sll fold instead if losing a large amount of chips just because I let them see a flop or a turn or a river. You have to consider you opponents chips stacks when making that decision. And how often they call how much with what.

J

johnmaltz19

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What do you mean 3-bet again? If you mean 4-bet I would love to 4-bet Aces you wanna get all the money in before your opponent suspects you have a very strong hand on the flop. You must accept that Aces does crack sometimes.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I call an all-in sometimes depending on what I have. I generally speaking do not shove all-in myself.

Here is a scenario (6 max 50c/$1):

UTG: 3-bets... $3
Next player: 3-bets... $9
Next player: CALLS $9
ME: Holding pocket aces...choices choices!

What do you think?

I do aggree that on all-in on cash tables are pretty hard reactions pre. But I also do think that in this situation you cannot let 3 more players in that pot with you. I don't think that even 30$ would scare 2 of them, also don't think that even you holding the best pre-combo you could fold in the next steps
ˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇ
You probably blocking each others cards pretty much, and you are more than leading. But pockets like KK, QQ still a dark horse, especially if you not raise here enough to scare the lower ones like 55-JJ. And as we block two aces, Ax are weak right now. ˇ
ˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇ
As it's a hard spot, and not many chance to make them value if they not hitting their outs, I would say in this cause the little win is still a win, I would raise to somewhere like 49-72$ and that's the bet sizing where maybe you could have only 1 player. But that's still not a problem if everyone folds, cause we are only talking about a pre situations in cash games.

That's my opinion, maybe not the most professional, but I do feel that if 2 of them making a total 9-bet from the start, they will maybe considering the next actions seeing a much more bigger bet like I wanted to share.

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only 3 betting can also hurt you. Maybe someone calls who would have Folders to an all-in. Now the next Player might get the pot-odds to also call. Then the BB also has the odds needed to call with almost any 2…
So instead of winning a pot uncontested or playing against 1 caller you are in a multiway pot in which probably someone will catch something that beats your Aces…

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I call an all-in sometimes depending on what I have. I generally speaking do not shove all-in myself.

Here is a scenario (6 max 50c/$1):

UTG: 3-bets... $3
Next player: 3-bets... $9
Next player: CALLS $9
ME: Holding pocket aces...choices choices!

I believe some people will just shove all-in at my position with AA.
I personally would 3 bet-the last bet... about $30 (or possibly 3-bet + the 9 and 3 = $40ish)

1. The reason I would just 3-bet again is because I know that I do not want all those players in. I am pretty sure some will fold.
2. I would prefer to be up against just one player to reduce the risk of losing the pot so I do intend to induce some folding.
3. At the same time I also do not want to play my entire stack because I know that I can easily lose even with AA (especially if they have KK or QQ).
4. The main thing though is that I don't want them ALL just to automatically fold and collect a pretty poor pot.
5. I believe that at least 2 of them will probably fold anyway... if they all fold then so be it: at least I didn't put my entire stack in.

OK... so if one of them now shoves all-in, I will call it. I have AA after all!

The point I am making is that I never initiated an all-in myself. I rarely ever see it as a valid option. Sometimes I see people going all-in with just a couple of players in the pot... I see that as pointless either way. If they had good hole cards they have now made almost nothing because everyone folds. If they had a rubbish hand and was bluffing then anyone who calls them will probably make easy money.

It never seems sensible to shove all-in (especially pre-flop).

What do you think?

I think you might be onto something here! (I'm gonna try this my next time I play)