I Find it hard to fold in Omaha H/L

Frontiere

Frontiere

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks

Thanks everybody for advice ,specialy HooDooKoo , i agree that high cards are best, or mixure of booth ( like A 2 QQ ) , and just to say its allways tournament OMAHA H/L , dont like cash table for omaha. Tournament and sit & go omaha.:hello:

p4i7ank9

p4i7ank9

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should also try other sites than stars, omaha8 is much softer on other sites. Just like other variants. Stars have the most aggro donks, who ofcourse hit their 2 runners and make their backdoor flushes or fulls. I hate stars, but play there anyway :)

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
havent looked assume what bear sent you since know hes expert omaha guy has all the hands preflop and after flop and pot odds.

To me that is most important aspect to omahh games.

My problem is wayyyyy tooo aggressive is no in between for me.

I either dominate a field or lose after 30 minutes lmao and yes when lose I had legit hands and shots.

I absolutely love the game and maybe one day use it to play very very high stakes. I watched a ton of that on tilt back in day and totally became a fascination lol.

Is a harder game than nl holdem to me but in a way easier also. I get the numbers instantly know what can beat me if brain works right what is available etc.. odds etc.. is a natural gift I guess. I barely make mistakes and generally can tell what other player is doing or playing and for my limited experience those are gifts to me :)

I would love if someone HEY BEAR set up some type of event on stars a home game event to play even if no prizes:)

To work on this game would be huge so could use for money

Am sure their are very very good players better than me a lot better but also is a lot of people who have no clue:) So would be great to work on this game with some experts

Frontiere

Frontiere

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agree

I find myself also a every day warmer for Omaha H/L game. Thats great game for brain , but Im still just a begginer in Omaha. I will play this game more and more every day , just enyoj in omaha. Some experience of others players and advice will be very food for me . So happy I was join this community on cardschat , so many answers , and good players here.Some of advice I allready use in play , and hope it will be more on this thread. Regards to all

BearPlay

BearPlay

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I would love if someone HEY BEAR set up some type of event on stars a home game event to play even if no prizes:)

Quite often, Omaha and mixed games are part of CardsChat's special events series, for example with last fall's Decathlon. You can suggest a specific game and/or venue here: Ideas for CardsChat Special Events Go Here

Also, as a Leaguer, you are eligible to participate in League Break Mini Events, where we really mix up the games and format in between league seasons.

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think a common reason - but not the only one - why holdem players play too many starting hands when they move to O8 is that they don't adjust enough if at all to the fact that the winning high hands are higher in O8; e.g. two pair is much more likely to win at holdem than at O8. This suggests that when choose hands to play in O8, you should lean toward hands that can make strong highs.

A related consideration here is that you can scoop a pot with high when there is no low. So starting hands that have mostly low potential mean you're likely to be playing for half the pot (and only if there is a low). But you're paying into both the high and low halves. This simply isn't a profitable strategy.

bkniefel

bkniefel

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is why I love Omaha! :) It keeps the game interesting and fun. When Texas Holdem can be so boring at times Omaha is a wind gust of fresh air. I think that is what makes the game so diverse as well. You learn a different set of values for your cards. Instead of the 2 cards only able to improve, you have 4 cards with more routes than you would with Holdem.

Are there bad hands to fold? Tricky because theoretically any hand can win but sure there are some hands that you want to look out for. Lets start with what I look for. I look for 2 high 2 mid 2 suits. This gives me ample amount of avenues to strike on and nail and I'm also looking handsome preflop. The hands that I would lay down are ones that are rainbow and mixed from k to 3. With those hands you're looking to just strike the board with 2 pair and tossing the dice.

I hope this helps, I love the game and gain a lot from it! :)

jazzaxe

jazzaxe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The fallacy, especially in PLO is that you have more playable hands in Omaha than in Holdem and that is usually not the case. If you play cards which have no chance at the nuts either high or low, you are bleeding chips.

Frontiere

Frontiere

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like this hand

Antonious VS Robl PL Omaha , 4 times in a roll win with only 23% winning cards, and gues what? They won all 4 times with 23% after flop.You must see this game , here is a link. Omaha is great .:boxing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct4S-5NlxAQ

josipjosip

josipjosip

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I allways have feeling I must see flop in Omaha H/L because every 4 card looks great . When you guys fold preflop ??? What is card you dont play ( except when you have 3 same card)

well tuff one but i hate to have 4 of flush in my hand and all 4 skiping a place like 2 5 9 K

tazer

tazer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the main thing I got from playing Omaha is that you really have to pay attention to your outs as well as what cards can beat you. A lot of times a hand looks strong post flop and you tend to think of your cards and not your opponents. It's easy to become blinded by your hand in omaha. Just my 2 cents.

A

alexis8888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I contrary always fold if I do not have A-2, high pairs or high suits. Omaha - the game of nuts.

redcross

redcross

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually do pretty well in Omaha, my strategy is this, play heavy in hands preflop when I have split suit. Ex two diamonds and two spades. Flushes are what I rely on but you have to keep an eye out for the board pairing. When the board pairs be weary of that full house.

T

TetraMinbet

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If your hole cards don't have scoop potential you're better off folding.

Easier said than done I know.

HoldEm monsters are just gnats in Omaha

EA2USN

EA2USN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well said tetra, you need coordinated hands containing at least one ace to play

Frontiere

Frontiere

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes

Sometimes 2 3 7 K are playeble , after flop A 4 10 or so . Dont think Aces are so important , specialy for low . its nice to have it , but so many times A 2 on flop, and if you have 3 4 or 3 5 , your good for low and high pot.Thats why I say its hard to fold in Omaha , or atleast I must see the flop .....

Frontiere

Frontiere

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pot limit

I start to play pot limit OMAHA H/L because you can see the flop almost allways, and after you can make you move. In no limit meet so many agressive players with all in preflop ( thats insane :stupid:). Much better for newbies in Omaha

R

rhombus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes 2 3 7 K are playeble , after flop A 4 10 or so . Dont think Aces are so important , specialy for low . its nice to have it , but so many times A 2 on flop, and if you have 3 4 or 3 5 , your good for low and high pot.Thats why I say its hard to fold in Omaha , or atleast I must see the flop .....

But your hand is only good if the 5 hits otherwise you are only playing for 1/2 the pot and even then if lots of action when a 6, 7 or 8 hits which gives you the nut low you could well be quartered when another opponent has 23 with a better high hand.

Also you have no counterfeit back up if a 2 or 3 hits then you have A2347 and any opponent who had 35 36 or 56 beats your low.

Frontiere

Frontiere

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now I play small entrie Omaha H/L limit ( 0,20 - 0,50 dollar ) or freeroll to get experience . But like I said , its hard to fold in preflop . Think i need swich in brain from Holdem to Omaha , it will come in time - hope so.

adamchikas

adamchikas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I learned this game only recently, but already I can tell that going nowhere without aces is a pretty good tactic. Especially when you are short.

pick4player

pick4player

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in lower limits game A 2 plus any other cards will win you alot do to stating hands that beginners play with you be good. also 3 to a low draw is good ex 2 3 4 9 is playable . stick to trying to hit the nut low with a possibility to win the high

Folding in Poker