I cant slow play( trap )

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would never slowplay a straight especially not a straight with a SF redraw.

First of all, almost all cards to come are bad for you in that it either makes the board extremely scary or puts out a possible hand to beat you.

Imagine someone has JT spades on that board. Now count the number of cards might make him fold if you bet the turn.

Secondly, since we have a straight, our cards didn't actually pair the board so the full range of pair/2 pair/set combos are available. People can also call with gutshots that are drawing super thin but won't call on flush or paired turns.

Third, there are tons of second-best hands that you can get stacks in against but you have to start by betting the flop.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
An example of where you might slowplay TPTK:

A 15/12 straightforward reg opens UTG, you are UTG+1 with AKo, you 3-bet, everyone else folds, he calls.

Flop (pot 19.5 BBs): Kd3c3s
He checks, you bet 12 BBs, he calls

Turn (pot 39.5 BBs): 4h
He checks

We should consider checking here. Note that this isn't "pot control," we have the best hand but are extremely unlikely to get 3 streets from worse.

In this spot, ranges are narrow and extremely well-defined, villain has 0 air here and always has a good SDV hand but he's not putting his stack in with his very obvious 99-JJ range and if we are to get 2 streets of value, it might be more likely to get it on the flop and river rather than flop and turn. Also there are almost no bad cards for us.

PurgatoryD

PurgatoryD

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Example, Your UTG+1 and because your middle tourney and sitting on 80M, you want to play your :7d4: :8d4:. Player in seat 5 2Xs and you call as does the BB.

Flop comes :6d4: :9d4: , :10h4: .

I don't think this is a good position to slow play. Then you let :4d4::10d4: (etc.) hang around to catch a higher flush. If they get it, you lose. If they don't get it, then they fold and you get no value. So there's no upside.

Just one schmo's opinion.

Ditto. :)