How would I be able to determine on my own if C-betting out of position is a leak?

M

MungBeans

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Someone just gave me the advice that c-betting out of position is usually a leak. I'm wondering how I can evaluate that for myself? Would I have to have a large poker tracker database? Is there evaluative software that would do it? Thank you.

M

maxi_j

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If your cbet 100% then yes. If 30% then yes. You can post hands here. Or you can compere top regs cbet OOP BB/100 profit vs yours.
Maybee donk betting ? Then redless on most board yes because your range is weaker than preflop openers.

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is a very complicated subject I don't think it has a simple answer. I think you need to consider below factors regarding your cbet strategy.

1. single raised pot or 3bet pot
2. your position and villain(s) positions
3. stack to pot ratio
4. population tendency and adjustments
5. bet size accompanying the cbet freq
6. board texture

Against fit or fold villain who play straight forward postflop, you can make small cbet 100% on all the board and you will be printing money, whether IP/OOP. But it is a big leak when your villain is observant, who is capable of check-raise at high freq as a counter strategy.

You can post your statistics/hands here asking for comments, join coaching websites or reading books. To evaluate hands yourself, I think you need to have some understanding on above concepts and then you know if it is a +EV play. Software like leak buster may also help you identify the leaks.

M

MungBeans

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If your cbet 100% then yes. If 30% then yes. You can post hands here. Or you can compere top regs cbet OOP BB/100 profit vs yours.
Maybee donk betting ? Then redless on most board yes because your range is weaker than preflop openers.

Where would I find stats of top regs like that?

M

MungBeans

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is a very complicated subject I don't think it has a simple answer. I think you need to consider below factors regarding your cbet strategy.

1. single raised pot or 3bet pot
2. your position and villain(s) positions
3. stack to pot ratio
4. population tendency and adjustments
5. bet size accompanying the cbet freq
6. board texture

Against fit or fold villain who play straight forward postflop, you can make small cbet 100% on all the board and you will be printing money, whether IP/OOP. But it is a big leak when your villain is observant, who is capable of check-raise at high freq as a counter strategy.

You can post your statistics/hands here asking for comments, join coaching websites or reading books. To evaluate hands yourself, I think you need to have some understanding on above concepts and then you know if it is a +EV play. Software like leak buster may also help you identify the leaks.

Thank you.

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars