How to play pocket aces?

JayE

JayE

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes you get a bad beat with Aces, other times when you push hard preflop you win. The best times are when you bet get a call and they flop a smaller pair then you get more of there chips.
Worst times ive had lately is when i bet my aces and they draw out a straight or flop trips on there pocket pair. People get excited when they get aces but if you don't play them rite they can be just as bad as 7 2 or pocket 22s. Best is always to bet preflop to weed stop thos limping in a getting lucky on you! Strongest starting hand but can be just as bad after the flop as anything else specially when you get over confident holding thos beautiful babies! :)

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually play aggressive preflop. I'm for sure going to apply pressure. How I open the bet usually depends on my table image and my position. In position betting somewhere between 2.2-4bb. I will 3 and 4, and if it gets to a 5bet I jam with this hand once. Then if I get it again I'll decide what my opponents bets are trying to accomplish. Should I repeat or should I call and allow them to play bad out of position. Out of position I'm raising 4-6bb again depending on my table image and will jam a 4 or 5bet. I'm never calling out of position I'm going to apply pressure. My raises are between 75% of the pot to a pot sized bet. Once the flop comes make sure you properly understand the texture of the board and your opponents range. If this is a area you're lacking in you have to get a better awareness or you'll constantly struggle with hands like this, either not folding when you should, folding when you shouldn't or just shoving all-in. As you can see these choices aren't profitable.

damgold

damgold

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play very aggressive with poket aces, be always aggressive is the better form of play poker, good luck!

NevermoreSF1

NevermoreSF1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play very aggressive with poket aces, be always aggressive is the better form of play poker, good luck!
Maybe it's true to play aggressively - it's better!

Galmedic

Galmedic

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don’t slow play

i just got my queens kicked when utg checked his aces to me and hit a set on the turn and didn’t bet at all. Suck out coolered

Tony Vayer

Tony Vayer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on the stack size, position at the table and the stage of the tournament.

D

Dachavr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Always play pocket aces ALL IN, but fold them in case that are a lot of all in players before you. Someone will have straight, or other hand better than you.

NevermoreSF1

NevermoreSF1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always play pocket aces ALL IN, but fold them in case that are a lot of all in players before you. Someone will have straight, or other hand better than you.
most of all I do not like when you fall on someone's triple of deuces) with that accidental!

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Always all in.So many times I was beaten when raising step by step!

jazzaxe

jazzaxe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cash game Play: I look at the betting at the table. If it has been loose, I would be about 1/4 of my stack (I always keep a full stack on the table) if first in, if pot is raised I would generally bet my whole stack and if my initial bet is reraised, I would also be all in. If the table is tight, I generally bet about 10 percent of my stack and reraise all in. At a tight table you might be lucky to get one player to call or reraise. Also, I might min raise under the gun at a loose table in order to get some money in the pot and hopefully get raised so that I can reraise all in. That sometimes won't work if they all call me. .

jfmcd86

jfmcd86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've always been told to be aggressive with Aces, but to be careful after the flop. watching out if theyre chasing or they hit the flop with 2 pair or a set. if the turn connects with the flop that's when you need to be very careful. its very rare to fold pocket aces. but sometimes you just need to fold them for the best .

MrGrace

MrGrace

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on a lot of things tournament blinds level, position, how many chips i have and action before my bet but normally i would bet 4 x the blind maybe 3 x the blind then if there is any raise i push all in, no matter what the flop shows i would double the beat to 8x the blind or 6x the blind less i hit a set on the flop then i would act worried and repeat first bet. (If you don't bet preflop i found i lose fyi)

M

mayoroftittycity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The key to AA is realizing that it is only the nuts for sure, preflop. After the flop, it is just another hand

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Undoubtedly, when you sit at the table and see that you have two aces on hand, it gives a lot of strength and desire to play and win. After all, this starting hand will be the favorite against any range of the opponent's starting hands. If you take in general, the chances of winning two aces against a random opponent's card are about 85%. And this means that against one opponent we will win four hands out of every five played.

NevermoreSF1

NevermoreSF1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Undoubtedly, when you sit at the table and see that you have two aces on hand, it gives a lot of strength and desire to play and win. After all, this starting hand will be the favorite against any range of the opponent's starting hands. If you take in general, the chances of winning two aces against a random opponent's card are about 85%. And this means that against one opponent we will win four hands out of every five played.
but otherwise the main thing is not to get into 15%)

R

rafbam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll never bet all-in preflop.

Even more I'll always play the same raise pre-flop (3BB); if I have AA ore just K9 (ore an other hand); this way it is impossible to know if I have good, realy good ore no hand (no hand is on the button trying to steal the pot).

If you play always the same raise pre-flop you'll get more players to join, this is not always what you want, but it's a fact that after a wile they'll see you always come in whit ex. 3BB, and they still don't know the strength of you're hand.

If I see a player go all-in pre-flop I know for shure he has AA; KK (maybe QQ ore JJ) ore even AK. So if I think that my hand can beat that I'll follow (ex. I have AA ore AK suited); otherwise I'll fold. And what do you win if everybody folds pre-flop???? Just the SB and the BB (and maybe the ante), not that great win for having a AA.