How to play AA or KK - Limping from early position good or not?

J

JVal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
never play it the same

sometimes i raise sometimes i call

depends on players on the table and how i've been playing on the table

lot of aggressive players then usually call

lot of passive limpers then definitely don't call unless you want to play a 10 way pot where you'll probably have to fold

good luck

alipalip

alipalip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think he best way to play these hands is raising 3.5-4BB

calling can in certain specific situations be a good play, but generally just raise your normal raising amount,

nastena2992

nastena2992

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you do with AA?

I just don `t know what to do with AA often I lose this hand! What action do you prefer?

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What To Do

I'm in a cash game at Carbon and I catch AA twice and KK once within one hour and all 3 times I'm UTG. Do I limp with those hands in that position just to get callers, or do I go all in hoping I'll get a call, or do like I did and 3 bet? I did 3 bet and got no callers on any of the 3. Man I hate hands like that in that position.

Raggamuffin

Raggamuffin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel your pain buddy! Nothing worse than it folding back around when you have the nuts. I guess its to do with knowing your table and how tight they are playing. After one fold around then you know they may have you pegged for 3 betting with a big hand or they have just clammed up!
So unfortunately sometimes you will have to limp and try to squeeze money & then loosen up for a few hands so they wont be so afraid to call you the next time your dealt a monster.
You could showdown a few cheap rags hands to let them see you've loosened up if you can afford it (big stack) or you could flash a bluff hand. Also when your table is this tight you can capitalize and steal more often! :)

N

NorskNewman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never limp. Also what are we talking here 2nl? 10nl? Full ring ? Early position in 2nl I'd make it 8-10cents to go and still get callers/maybe someone come over the top . 5nl I am 3betting 10s+ and AQo+ And folding early aj -

Santos 696

Santos 696

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you bet big , I would go to John pushed all that pick up the pot , if he bets small , I think 3 bet would be just right )

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm playing at 10nl full ring. Ok here is an example. I'm in the BB with AA. I have 6 limpers for $.10 and when it gets to me, I raise to $1 and everyone folds. Should I play it this way, or another way. I would have liked to get at least 1 caller. I've been told here that AA should be all in. If I had bet like $.50 and I got 2 or 3 players to call, would I have been throwing my hand out the window. I see players that will slow play AA and win and lose.

Marcwantstowin

Marcwantstowin

Member of the T.S.T
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
On your second post PapaC I would raise as you did and just take their limp money? 0.60c aint bad for nothing. If you did it again, then surely you would get a call, then you may profit more?

It happens to me in tournaments, UTG and AA or KK, it kills me as sometimes I min raise and get say 3 or 4 callers and guess there is some muppet with J 2 and he hits 2 pair? As they say - thats poker. Gl in the future :D:D:D

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks Marcwantstowin. It's good to know I played the hands as I should. And yes $.60 is not bad at that level, but sure would like to get more out of them. Still though, I get some good hands in the right position and make up for the ones I get very little out of.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had written some pearl of wisdom here, but deleted it as in my currently caffeine deficient state, it was unreadable........

J

JuanMa2121

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on your type of playing, i actually prefer limping from the begginning

pahan434

pahan434

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3 bet, and then as an opponent is playing, it will still raise or not

H

horp22

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you've seen aces beat so many times, you might want to shove directly and hope everyone else folds.lol

koreano

koreano

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BYOP,

You must understand that when we talk about turbo tournaments, many players are moved to play the first hands with ANY letters can be A10, 59, 69, 78, 48.

This is the speed that the game will impose on the competitors and it is necessary to get a good stack quickly and so many players pay any all-in with inferior hands. Often too, the reason to pay with these low cards early on is the search of opponents in play fetch only with high cards, so an opponent takes the outs of each other, "facilitating" the life of the lower cards.

One of the main problems I see with the pair of aces is to play against several opponents. Many times when we were heads up, took a large advantage in hand and will be able to win.

P

Philip Cruz

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing witn AA

Sometimes is difficult playing with aces because in pre-flop is the best hand, but after can be bad hand.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always come with a raise to 4BB and more up to the Ollin. But it all depends on the situation and the magnitude of the stack. Otherwise, you can get to limp.

VizziVizo

VizziVizo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think limping is very bad on early postion, but limping with the monster utg - it is the worst decision. It allows your opponents to see a flop with not very good hands and your monster will look not so good, so I think raise from early position is a right decision. But if you are on the button you can call to hide strenght of your hand.

L

live45thst

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
your image at the table does have a big factor on your play. If im short stacked i will push in from any position. I will also push all in from the button with 4-5 limpers in.

AvaPoker13

AvaPoker13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No use being conservative, you will not drop even beating a bad flop, I always bet everything before the flop.