How to play a freeroll with thousands of players

NumberOneRhino

NumberOneRhino

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a great way to practice your patience and fold ability!

Brandlad

Brandlad

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have accepted the strategy of Just wait and watch against it.

rifflemao

rifflemao

Pugs Not Drugs
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it's a freeroll or low buyin tourney, I would be looking for reasons to gamble instead of reasons to fold, because you need a big stack to bully with, and to weather stretches of card-dead on your way to the FT. Pick up 66 on the button and you're facing 4-5 allins? Forget the gap concept, pull the trigger getting 5:1, and hope to hit your set...and that nobody else does. ;)

Be willing to call fairly light against habitual shovers, especially if you've seen them shove a wide range of hands. Some of them will shove suited connectors and crack your aces anyway, so don't wait forever.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you sit down at a tournament you know what you go. Will have to be patient and to pick up a card. You have no of patience it is better not to sit down.

starting_at_the_bottom

starting_at_the_bottom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If its a freeroll or low buy in I would also be shoving pretty light early on, you really need to start building your stack asap to have a good chance.

goddyvips007

goddyvips007

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First ,It may be low buyin tournament or freeroll.Secondly,if you want to be calm because i dont think players will go all in in every hands so play smartly or if you want to take all in call then first get information of the player as much you can than go all in if you have pair cards or High card.

vse i sra3y

vse i sra3y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the tournament with 10,000 members whatever strategy you choose, with no luck very hard to take at least some, or a high position.

Brandlad

Brandlad

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yah luck is always needed. As just now after struggling 2400 players I am out at 240th place by my opponent because of his lucky river.

Cheesestick

Cheesestick

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play really tight, so when you are forced to go all in you have a monster hand! Fold the KJ or the KQ and only call with monsters as AK, AA, KK, AQ.

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This type of tournament usually require lot amount of patience and not to forgot,lucks.

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Play tight and wait for good opportunities. If you get a monster hand and you are before a crazy one, bet three or four blinds. They never resist to shove in situations like that. Those maniacs normally don’t go very far in MTTs. Be the one to get their chips!

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it is a rebuy, be prepared to rebuy. If not then only the first few (up to 5 maybe) orbits will be crazy. If you can't fold out 50 hands in a row, you got a lot of work to do on your patience.

After those initial insane orbits, things will calm down.

The other option is to just show up late.

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First of all you should worry about your style of play.

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playful says wait and hammer those allinners with a good hand

Brandlad

Brandlad

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yesterday I was determined to play tight in 888 unexpected Tourney. Server gave 2 2 to me. I denied as 4 players were all in. Next hand was A K suited . I made a cautious move but 3 were Allin. I retreated. The next hand QK suited. I fold as 5 were Allin. My last voyage now. Got AA , moved Allin. 4 more were Allin. The winner were 2 5 made a hand of 5555!!!.

Well sometimes you got Continually good cards that you can not resist yourself to keep out of the game.
The moral is LUCK have around 60 - 70 percent share in Mobbed freerolls 5-6 hour
Tourney where freaks enjoy Allin game.

ribaric

ribaric

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is the good strategy to deal with these freaks in a mobbed Tourney where number of participants are so high sometimes more than 10000.
Well I know patience is a key point there but these tournaments tend to last around 4-6 hours and sometimes you have good cards but the luck element may be with those freaks.
Those freaks act as as a Looter once their luck plays well and you feel like looted.

Kindly share your views with some strategy.
If you have a good card and little bit luck go all in if you dnt have any luck then fold and wait for better opportunity

Brandlad

Brandlad

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cards can be good depending upon their power but luck!!! this is pretty peculiar thing. Even a discarded bloke has his own luck at particular time which can not determined by us.

PacMan

PacMan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you do not have the patience in the tournament with such a structure, you need to start playing with a smaller number of people. And right strategy games nobody will tell you, for the reason that it does not exist in poker. We need to play under each player separately.

arborest

arborest

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Should wait for AK AA KK QQ and then move all in. Call with AJ AQ.. Other hands just fold.

samy227

samy227

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi guys

i need a good strategy for win tournaments at poker..where are like 8.000 players..how i must to start tournaments..how i should play..tight or agresive..only monster hands? or bluffing?
:confused:

westside1950

westside1950

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone wants a good strategy for winning tournemants :D :D

Srsly, nothing can guarantee you a win or a deep run - but starting tight and starting to play more loose and stealing blinds when the levels go up is a way to start ;)

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi samy227 and welcome to Cardschat where you can learn a lot about poker and other things, but you can't learn it all at once. Try to focus on what causes you the most problem and let us help you along. I don't know how long you been playing, but everything you need help with has to have your own experience to go along with it. I mean, if we don't know what is going on at your tables, we have no way to help you. But I will say that playing in a MTT with 8,000 players takes a lot of luck, because I'm sure that is what early play is like. ALL INS. For me it took a little money to get a little more. GL to you

samy227

samy227

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ty

ty very much for this advice..so better i should play sng? turbo or slow? what is better for me? i play live poker..from 2-3 years..and online i have 1 year..i don't know all the tips in online poker..is a big diference from live poker and online poker