How often you call preflop all-in with AK?

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Almost always. I play tournaments and the allins preflop are usually later in the tournament from short stacks who are usually pushing a wider range of hands and a lot of lesser aces are usually in that range so it is almost always a call.

G

gklcap

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unless I have notes on a guy saying he is an ultra-nit who only plays premiums, I'm always stacking off with AK, be it suited or offsuit.

AAnonimowi

AAnonimowi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Basically, I would move all-in with AK against 1 player. Mostly all the time fold against more then 1, because I don't like getting busted by AA or KK.

A

Akwind

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK is sych a tricky hand
AKs in cash - i can this about calling - but time to time... ussually u stand vs QQ+
in MTT - easy call

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was at the final table of an MTT yesterday and a loose aggressive opponent jammed utg preflop for about 2/3 of my chips. I was in second at the time and holding AKo. I just didn't want to put that many chips in with a drawing hand. I folded in the BB and he took the pot uncontested.

rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
When you raise with AK (suited or offsuited) in cash games and there's a 3bet all in i recomand to fold here cause you're not making money in the long run.
Your equity when holding AKs Vs 99+ is : 41.70%
And like Einstein said: "everything is relative" so you're going to call unless you have got a read on vilain or you HUD shows you that vilain has a high 3-bet % and pushing with any two cards.