ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
Hello 👋 guys I am studying 📖 pre flop charts and let me tell you it’s over 3000 Different poker hand Scenarios so it’s real I study 📖 for 1 hour every day. How about you ? Thank you for your comments.

JappsPK

JappsPK

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Not much as i should... i need to learn new stuffs. I just let things going naturally. Learning form my mistakes...

DegenerateSheep

DegenerateSheep

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BE
Chips
I take the train everyday for a total of 1 hour a day to work, I always have a poker book with me to go over different stuff. Right now my focus is the mental game and getting some better pre- and post-game habits in place, so I can use it as a more effective tool to direct my focus on improving my weaknesses.

Right now my mental game is behind my technical game, and it is preventing me from progressing as fast as I could with the time I put in :)

otters

otters

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I tend to dip in and out of studying.
I find putting into practice what I already know useful.
But I'm fully aware that I have so much more to learn.
I find playing more exciting than reading a book. 😂

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Been looking to study at least one session per day. I am really focused on improving and becoming a better player.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hello 👋 guys I am studying 📖 pre flop charts and let me tell you it’s over 3000 Different poker hand Scenarios so it’s real I study 📖 for 1 hour every day. How about you ? Thank you for your comments.
I am a hobby player, and never intend Poker to be anything more than a fun game, therefore I don't seriously have to study, I watch a few games on Twitch and Youtube which has helped me. and read quite a few books on Poker but other than that nothing else.
The only thing is I have never lost money playing Poker because I do not enjoy gambling and starting off with freerolls I have built a small bankroll where I can afford to lose $20-$30 a day and still have money left.
There is no secret formula to this, just common sense and Bankroll Management.

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
Not much as i should... i need to learn new stuffs. I just let things going naturally. Learning form my mistakes...
Lol 😝 me too sometimes
I take the train everyday for a total of 1 hour a day to work, I always have a poker book with me to go over different stuff. Right now my focus is the mental game and getting some better pre- and post-game habits in place, so I can use it as a more effective tool to direct my focus on improving my weaknesses.

Right now my mental game is behind my technical game, and it is preventing me from progressing as fast as I could with the time I put in :)
you are just going to get stronger 💪 thank you 🙏 for your comment

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
I tend to dip in and out of studying.
I find putting into practice what I already know useful.
But I'm fully aware that I have so much more to learn.
I find playing more exciting than reading a book. 😂
Me too lol 😆 thank you 😊 for your comment

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
Been looking to study at least one session per day. I am really focused on improving and becoming a better player.
It doesn’t Hurt 😢 to study 📖 it will make you a stronger player. Thank you 🙏

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
I don’t study in terms of reading poker books. I do study game play while I’m involved at the tables.
The more you know the better thank you 🙏 for your comment

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
I am a hobby player, and never intend Poker to be anything more than a fun game, therefore I don't seriously have to study, I watch a few games on Twitch and Youtube which has helped me. and read quite a few books on Poker but other than that nothing else.
The only thing is I have never lost money playing Poker because I do not enjoy gambling and starting off with Freerolls I have built a small Bankroll where I can afford to lose $20-$30 a day and still have money left.
There is no secret formula to this, just common sense and Bankroll Management.
Me too I watch hours of poker streams but sometimes I need to study 📚 to know why they are doing the things they do. For example I would never 👎 known that 54 Suited plays so well in some spots and you should be more aggressive when out of position that’s just a few but I love ❤️ the game so I want to know everything but it fun 🤩 when you don’t have to use your hard earned money 💴.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

I am actually a student of the game. While I am not a professional and probably never will be I put in a lot of work into my game as I am a competitive person who has hopes of someday winning something bigger. My goal is to be that guy who has his picture with his trophy, bracelets or ring at the table after winning the tournament. I dont care ifs its a big one or not but just ones that's my goal. I can in 2nd once by the way.

The reason I opened with that info is to let you understand my reasoning for the answer to your question. I put 2+ hours a day into my game on average each day, I do take a day off most weeks but 15 hours is what I am aiming for most weeks and did put in 20 this past week.

As for your charts. They are inportant but there is a lot more to this game than charts. Getting a deeper understanding of the game is much more valuable than the charts.

zer0ne

zer0ne

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I prefer to learn from previous mistakes that happened to me

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
I totally 💯 a
I am actually a student of the game. While I am not a professional and probably never will be I put in a lot of work into my game as I am a competitive person who has hopes of someday winning something bigger. My goal is to be that guy who has his picture with his trophy, bracelets or ring at the table after winning the tournament. I dont care ifs its a big one or not but just ones that's my goal. I can in 2nd once by the way.

The reason I opened with that info is to let you understand my reasoning for the answer to your question. I put 2+ hours a day into my game on average each day, I do take a day off most weeks but 15 hours is what I am aiming for most weeks and did put in 20 this past week.

As for your charts. They are inportant but there is a lot more to this game than charts. Getting a deeper understanding of the game is much more valuable than the charts.
g

I totally 💯 agree with you that there is more than charts I would like 👍 to think that a good 👍 table awareness goes a long way but I would love ❤️ to even win 🏅 1 big tournament 🏟 and just making the money 💰 after that is fine. Thank you 🙏 for your comment.

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
I prefer to learn from previous mistakes that happened to me
Fool me once ☝️ Same on you fool me twice shame on me thank you 🙏 for your comment.

B

bananovsky1999

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Usually I try to save hands i have doubts and study them imediately after the session is over

If I can't do that, i save them and study on weekends

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Great tip, I recently started a course, I was recommended to play 80% and study 20%, it seems like a good idea, so I usually study an hour too, sometimes two.