How many table can you play at once effectively?

PC91

PC91

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If im honest, 1 table per session is the best for my performance.

dorivaldojr

dorivaldojr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think a maximum of 2 tables, more actually the right and play only 1 table for more concentration

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
As I play on my cell phone, 2 tables is enough for me, more than that already disturbs me.
On the notebook I played 3, on the computer it is easier to view and control is better

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Depending on the player's rank, the number of tables that can be played effectively, but what is recommended for a high-level player is a maximum of 6 tables, but a good player has a maximum of 5 tables so as not to lose concentration and attention to all the hands he plays You also have to take into account that when you play more tables, the variance increases

P

PointedTip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I start getting uncomfortable at 5-6 tables... it is particularly those moments when you have a big decision on more than 1 table that can get tricky.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also i found that several cash tables i am perfectly fine playing, but when it comes to MTTs my effectiveness drops significantly when number of them grows.
I think the bigest tables for me was some 3 mtts and 5 cash tables at once.
But i made adjustments to my table management and now i tend to only play 1-2 mtts at once. Beter to watch youtube if i get lil bored.

filippfilm

filippfilm

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately, I can only play and think normally at two tables. Since you have to make notes and follow the players, it is not convenient to open a lot of tables , as you get distracted and lose the thread of the game

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I playing lo limit games mtt, such as razz, and it one table only.

T

TUGIN777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, this is quite a difficult choice because playing 4 tables I can follow each opponent, perform some complex moves, play with less variance, I can also play 12 tables taking template decisions, but increasing the number of hands / hour, due to the loss of bb / 100. I do not have a large distance in the cache to judge which of the options gives a larger $ / hour. I think the format: "I play 4 tables 6-max NL50, 10/100, 20$ / hour" is suitable. Well, a few thoughts on the topic FOR a large number of tables and AGAINST:
2-4 tables:
For:
+ Lower dispersion
+ Thoughtful game play
+ Control over the game of your opponents
Against:
- Small number of hands per hour
- It is difficult to gain a decent distance (as a consequence of point 1)
- For players who love action, the game is too boring
- Small $/Hour
- Slow statistics collection
9-12 tables:
Per:
+ Large number of hands per hour
+ Quickly gaining distance
+ There is guaranteed money at the expense of the Republic of Belarus
+ A lot of action will not make you bored
Against:
- High dispersion
- More boilerplate game play
- Most actions are based on stats
- Greater loss in the case of tilt
I myself play on the advice of Hint 6 tables, but sometimes it gets boring. Sometimes I think that it would not be bad to play 4 tables that the game would be more thoughtful, but I think it will be too boring for me. In my opinion, a lot depends on what you play-for example, in 6-max, the game goes faster and heads-ups are much more, so you have to make decisions more often. If you remember boku 87, he played 60 tables at the same time, because it was 18-max, 45-max and 180-max, where most of the game is played with a full table.
The advantage of placing tables in a stack is that you do not see how you are moved and you tilt less, and you concentrate more(you see only one table).

Pokerishard

Pokerishard

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To play a good poker i play maximum 2 tables in 2 tournaments. I cant be focus on more then 2 tables in same time.

rafcio20p

rafcio20p

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to play 8 tables at once, but nowadays it's a maximum of 4 for cash games, and even less for tournaments. Especially if I play at several poker rooms at the same time.

WickedFRoST

WickedFRoST

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It actually depends on what the goal is. Obviously, no human can maintain perfect awareness with 16 or more tables, but that doesn't matter if your goal is to increase the volume of hands you play.

For example, tournament players know that their ROI drops when they open mote than 8 tables, but since they are confident in their overall strategy, they know that it will not drop dramatically, while their profit would double or even triple depending on how many tables they add.

It should be noted that such extreme multi-tabling is useless without a HUD, since 90% of your decisions need to be automatic, and being able to see the tendencies of your opponents in just a glance helps a lot with that.

As for me, my personal "sweetspot" is 4 tables, as I don't use any software or HUD. I might occasionally add 2 more when I'm fit and had a good sleep, but I'd still rather prefer use that energy for making notes at players at the table.

Luca Santos

Luca Santos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Up to 6 tables I can manage even without a HUD. More than that I find it impossible without any extra help.

WeAreHot777

WeAreHot777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,
If I am playing MTT, then I can play easily 4 tables, but it's depends how I am feelings.
If I am playing cash games, then 2 tables is enough.

B

blun777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can do 4 tables but feel more confident with 2 only

J

Joe1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So in almost 20 years I have learned poker that I can play best when I play a maximum of 2 tables ... when I play like 2 tables I am easily overwhelmed because I can no longer concentrate properly ... therefore focus I mostly sit on one table

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The more focused I am, the more screens I can play in the A Game. It's hard to stay in the A game all the time, so I don't force a lot of screens normally.