How many table can you play at once effectively?

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have been playing poker for over 10 years. I only play in tournaments, and I can play 5-7 tables at a time. On average, I make $ 300-400 a month. Poker for me is a hobby that brings pleasure and profit.

WeAreHot777

WeAreHot777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,
It's very hard to play 4 tables, and to read every the cards.
You can play 4 tables, and automatically make decisions, but to read cards it's hard sorry.
Anyways you can have patience, and to play with good cards, and with good position, and with good bets.

igroksash

igroksash

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best thing is 2 !!! But so much too much. Even in the chat you do not have time to look.:)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    493.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    493.6 KB · Views: 31
4kingwildo

4kingwildo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the question is, how experienced a person in poker. i can't play more than 2 tables before, but now i can play 5 for a long time without losing my attention

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually play 4 tables at a time, and to be honest already then I am probably trading some ROI for volume. I have recently reviewed some complete MTTs, I played, and I can see, that when I have those 4 tables running, I often tend to get into a habit of playing a bit to tight preflop, because its easier to just fold than get involved in marginal spots.

I think, a lot depends on, what kind of equipment you are using though. I simply play from a laptop, and for serious multitabling its much better to set up one if not two big monitors and sit at a desk. However I am not a professional player, so I am not willing to trade the comfort of sitting in the couch with my laptop for a higher hourly winrate :)

manuela2910

manuela2910

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only play two tables at a time

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I think 6 is my maximum amount of tables I can play effectively.

KizherXVII

KizherXVII

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried out 6 and honestly it was a bit overwhelming... 3 is the perfect amount of tables for myself honestly....anything more than that is just going to cause a headache especially if you start hitting hott hands on multiple tables... that's just my opinion

CBETKA

CBETKA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried to play on two tables at the same time yesterday and the result was zero. Since I am new to poker, two tables are difficult for me.

P

pepomjp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think 4 are the number you can manage with reasonable profit. When I have tried six I lost most the time.

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
HI
I COULD DO WITH 2 EFFECTIVELY.
MORE THAN THAT WILL BE SUICIDE
ALL THOSE WHO CLAIM 4 OR MORE CAN PLAY SURELY BUT NOT EFFECTIVELY.:angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel:

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
More than two tables will not be able to keep track of the opponents' play. I think so. Four tables can control the game only if all the tables are constantly in front of your eyes on a large monitor or two monitors.

R

Royal9012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've read some posts with people saying they play a ridiculous amount of tables at the same time (16-40). If you play more than let's say four tables at once can you really still pay attention to the details of the game?

For example noticing position, analyzing villains patterns, range, stacksizes, pot odds versus draw odds, betting that was done on previous streets, and all the other factors that should determine how you play the hand?

Or do people that play a lot of tables at once just wait for AA, KK, AK and just bet-bet-bet?
I play only one , i try with more, but I gave up, can t concentrate.

Bnobob

Bnobob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In some lives of Pro Players during the last year, In the ScOOP Championship, to be able to analyze that some of these Pro Players, were always in some final tables, these playing 3.4 messas at the same time.
I prefer to play 1 table

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2 tables are normal, 3 tables will be busy, 4 tables let finger crazy. ;)

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
These days I find that my game drops off if I play more than 4. I used to play 8 comfortably before I had kids and played more regularly.

3 main reasons were:
1 - less distractions at home
2 - I played a lot of the same opponents at multiple tables
3 - This was back in 2000s and games were easier. I used to wonder if some players were just there to dump excess money.

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find 3-6 tables easier and I play better than just 1-2,
I don’t get bored, and I don’t over analyze or try to outplay or bluff,
just bet the cards properly and play the right odds, works for me

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello
I have tried many times to play 2-3 tables, but I got a significant profit only at the table to which I paid more attention to the rest of the tables - money wasted.

D

donzi1992

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I say 3 at the same time but depend

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi

Hi silversun87. I know there are many players who play many tables at once. That would drive me crazy. I don't play more than 2 at once. I don't know how experienced you are, but I would not try that if you are new to the game. GL

D

ddsnoops

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2 is my max for now. Normally I stick to just 1 to try to get a feel for other players but nothing seems to work for me so far.

M

MickGreed

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've tried to play 4 but its not good, lol have to concentrate on each game, 2 the limit for me.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes 8 is not enough, sometimes 1 is too much.
But i have no problem playing alot of tables. I also seen some soft that could manage opened tables by focusing the one that requires your action and shading other part of screen. Would love to try that soft some time.

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Effectively for me a table just because I have difficulty thinking and when I play two tables I usually play with buy high and the other with buy low and buy low risk more and buy high risk myself:)