How long you play poker?

sunirico

sunirico

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Does it matter to know how long you've been playing poker? I for one have probably had 31 since I played my first hand of 5 card draw with my grand ma, playing for match sticks. But like all things experience related it doesn't really matter how long you've been doing it but rather how much effort you've put in.

The better questions would be:

How many hands have you played?
How often do you do hand review, if at all?
How much time do you put into studying poker?

This would make for better comparison as to our experience. IMHO

Jauheni Danilenka

Jauheni Danilenka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been familiar with poker for about 7 years now. But I can not boast of particularly great successes unfortunately.

sakenby

sakenby

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In poker I play about 5 years and tried to play on many poker rooms.Most like to play on PS and 888

1k95

1k95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I started playing first on conditional chips, then on freerolls and not very often on money mostly freerolls. I've been playing for two years.

nimburkx

nimburkx

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
iv played poker 10 more years

Iv playing poker 10 years ago, but i was not professional player
But i start play offline i made money some but not much
Iv played poker professionaly around half years ago im starting my professional carrer at poker and i hope that i will reach the mountain

M

Mahsa dMo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been playing for maybe a year and a half but mostly it's been recreational and home games. Now, I'm taking it a bit more serious.

C

Comix

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since 2008

I have been playing off and on since 2008. I have played live in LA, Philly, NJ, St. Louis, Cities in Ohio, and Blackhawk in Colorado. I played online starting at Ultimate Bet before the major US shutdown.I now play on BetOnLine but have never cashed online. I have cashed a few times live, but I'm inconsistent.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have played regularly for the last 7 years. I have managed to come out ahead so far.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have played poker for 13 years but with any game you have to adapt to evolving your game which is the hardest part even though I played for that long.

The players I face online is more difficult and more loose therefore aggressiveness is harder to implement and get loose pots.

B

biops

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have known poker on a TV shows, with some title of Phil ivey hitting a quad of 2.. this was my first contact with poker, but i started to play in 2012 but it was also the worst period at College. Then i had an hiatus of basically 4 years and i restarted to play last year.

L

leon_fush

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been playing poker quite recently for about a year ... I played with breaks and neochen many. As I find a desire to play, I can sit all day and sometimes I do not play for several months.

Svyat66556

Svyat66556

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play now little, I wanted to play more but almost no time a lot of work, . playing poker online in 2014. now I like to play at partypoker, this month has won 2$

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been playing on and off for routhly about 10 years. Problem was in those 10 years i played with playmoney and didn't know anything. I moved to another poker site and started playing the freerolls and eventually won real money and the rest is history.

1k95

1k95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How long you play poker and which site?;] how many lucky to win dollars?

It's interesting to know your stories about how you got into poker, your friends advised, or Ronaldo saw the ad on TV?

J

John Bor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Today I play for over 4 months)))

M

McDrix

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Started playing a while back but just recently (less than a year) I'm getting serious about it, still a a past time. The largest cash was in a all in shootout 😎😎

Fratchen

Fratchen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been playing for 4 years on PS, but with interruptions.

jowbeatz

jowbeatz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i've been playing for like 5 years, but still learning a lot

R

rushdaman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been playing online poker for a good 4 or 5 years with some extended breaks. I like betonline and american card room, but my favorite site is pokerstars! It sucks that USA players arent allowed to play there anymore.

S

Spripe

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been playing around 2 years, PokerStars is by far my favourite. I've had a few good cashes but overall I'm down money. I'm trying to improve all the time!