How Long Does it Take to Learn Poker?

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never stop learning..

Been playing for a lot of years. But only started learning once I got past the make or lose money part of it. Had to go from an overall performance to a micro focus; can't learn the big picture until you've mastered the baby steps first.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
How long did it take you to learn poker fully?

Although it is impossible to learn everything about Poker, what I know I learned in two years and on that basis I can increase my knowledge over time.

K

Kejk67

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Never ending

It’s not just learning the rules it’s how you play the game and that takes forever

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I think that you are always learning and getting better and better. The basics are familliar to every player!

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Poker is constantly improving, strategies are changing, and those,who have been playing for 20 years,now are not much ahead of those,who have been playing for 1 year, but are learning quickly. I think experienced players are ahead primarily in intuition.

Jim Rivas

Jim Rivas

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How long did it take you to learn poker fully?
I believe that learning never stops, each time I learn something new and that knowledge does not stop and the new experiences at each table are better every day. I don't think that being a poker professional you will go so far as to say that you have already learned the game well. There are many modalities, this learning would never end.:deal:

davidkimtai89

davidkimtai89

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Learning many knowledges that will benefit you , memorizing mistakes , overcoming to be better , learning journey like climbing the mountain , if we have faith we able subdue this mountain we will accomplish it , or we unable to perform that it depend on thyself . learning is never enough .

A

andrezito38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think i will die old man and yet i can never say that i learned to play poker completely.

Haze777s

Haze777s

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on the depth of the approach to the case . The first thing I can recommend is fresh juices of vegetables and fruits to increase the power of the brain

M

maroca06

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You will always have something to learn from Poker.

martinlgs

martinlgs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
it depends on the effort and the real effort to take it as a profession or a first-line hobby. I believe that minds are more closed and that suffer with paradigm shifts are those who never learn new strategies and advice from others

J

Joe1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think you never get enough of learning

S

sareo-yung

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
idk about you guys but i learnt in about a day..

M

martDdart

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
I learned how to play poker in about 30 minutes.I have played for almost twenty years and I am still learning I dont think I will ever fully learn and that is good,I have a goal to reach for my entire life.

Falzee

Falzee

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Estimate your life expectancy, and add 50 years!

ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The time to learn poker will depend on your dedication, I believe that in a week you can learn if you dedicate 100% to it, as it can take months to learn, everything will depend on you.

R

rufininha14

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
This depends from person to person, some take longer and others less. I've been studying for some time and I believe there's still a lot left to learn.

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are talking about the general rules of good poker, in a month you can easily learn the basic and even intermediate rules, it depends on your effort in studying. But if you are talking about becoming a professional, learning is constant.

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It is impossible to learn poker in its entirety, no one is a machine.

And in general I think that alone we learn much more slowly. We have the possibility of evolving much faster if we have access to people who are already at a higher level, whether through coaches, live sessions, videos, etc.

mattiebumpo

mattiebumpo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
A short time to learn the rules but a lifetime to learn the game. Keep studying!