How Long Does it Take to Learn Poker?

gaarsiass

gaarsiass

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PL
Chips
As for the rules of the game, it took me a few days, it's quite simple and doesn't require much. However, if the question is about a profitable game, remember that you also need to be lucky in poker and not everything depends on our game. It is known that you need help with a good game, but sometimes it is not enough.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
How long did it take you to learn poker fully?

I have been playing poker for over 10 years and am still studying this game. I think I will study poker for the rest of my life and I will never be able to study it completely.

A

ataraxyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It takes only few minutes. Poker itself is a very easy game to learn, but hard to play well.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think that there is player on earth who has learned all about poker. For that to be possible two things should happen:

1. Poker to be fully solved as a game which for now is fact only for heads up limit holdem.
2. Player to be able to fully learn the solution and implement it flawlessly.

So for now we are safe. :)

A

andrezito38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i don't think i'll ever be able to say:
i know poker completely.
it would be too much of my arrogance.

Riccoboni

Riccoboni

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been studying poker for 3 years and I realize that this college will never end.

R

redsfan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No one ever stops learning poker.You hope you bet better at reading people and how they play.Luck has a lot to do with poker.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If you mean combinations, kicker role, pot odds, table position, then it took me about 2-3 months to remember all this !!! The very strategy of the game has to be adjusted constantly !!!

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
lol
you never learn all of it
even pros make mistakes

manuela2910

manuela2910

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you never stop learning to play poker. There is always something to learn.

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As most things that are related to our brain, for example learning a new language, it takes about two years to create a "poker brain". TBH it's not that different from a language. Your opponent makes a bet, and you know what he's saying. But that's only related to the "language part" besides there it's more, as you have to study your opponent. And because the opponent studies you as well,and adapts to your play, this is a neverending story.

S

stank12345

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been playing for years and still cant conquer this dam game

S

Slacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Came in here looking for the answer. Thought someone had solved it, haha. I'm still learning so can't say I fully understand it just yet. Basic idea, yes. A few higher level concepts, maybe. Completely understand, never.

BustyBusters

BustyBusters

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Learned around 5 years old so can't really say haha

P

PEGAMEUALLIN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the functionality of the cards you learn fast, now how you will play and which strategy to use will always have new challenges in your day

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Once I realized I should only be playing in optimum situations. Once my Gamma Game was invented. I'm on 15 years at this point. Still learning.

navicula

navicula

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am learning while playing and analyze my mistakes.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is a constant learning never ends, poker is constantly evolving, but if you can notice it when it is reflected in money, in the long run the good player will have profits:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

G

Gallego1523

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Day by day I keep learning! I never think it could be considered that everything has been learned

Uncloggie

Uncloggie

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's like being a musician, you can play almost from the start but keep learning along the way, and it gets better as you go.

carmenzu

carmenzu

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker strategies are like a virus, they are alive and continue to mutate, not only mathematical but psychological strategies are being developed as well.
Enough has never been learned

toots babos

toots babos

ex-tornament grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No one will ever fully learn poker, it can be easy learning the strategies but knowing how and when to implement them will forever be a mystery.

luispino88

luispino88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can always learn more
I don't think there's anyone who knows everything about poker.
That's why I love and enjoy playing it