how to handle constant all-in players

E

eugenedav

Enthusiast
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Wait on a strong pair limp let them shove then you shove or calling depending upon your position.

J

Joselmb31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Those players end up eliminating themselves, they may be lucky on occasion, but they have no idea of ​​the game and are easily eliminated.

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Though one, but you gotta keep your cool and really can only call with something decent, unless you are leading the table, just fold if it's "decent" and let the other 2 players fight it out no need for you to lose a flip while leading the table, if you are shorty at the table you can probably call good amount of hands againts a player like that

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Well, if there are 9 players at the table, that leaves 8 players vs. 1 player. Pretty good odds for getting rid of a maniac. You do not have to be the player that gets rid of the all in player, let those around you take their shots as they get premium hands.

YRAGAGARIN

YRAGAGARIN

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who constantly goes to the bank for a long time, I think he will not be able to play)

blef121

blef121

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you constantly wait until someone bets and he comes out or wait for a good card and knock out himself, I don’t think that there is especially a wide range of choice

H

Holdem Tycoon

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Such great info. Would be redundant to quote and repost an entire thread. The odd time, you’ll notice that the table will begin to shape a strategy to adapt to the situation. Should you be sitting across a big stack or two, and your villain is in the middle, early orbit min raises, might be enough to trap said villain, to an awaiting big stack who’s just chomping at the ready with 2 strong cards and the stack to absorb the impact. It occurs without anyone saying a word. All your doing is providing the bait. The scavenger tries to steal said bait. Scavenger gets eaten by larger, smarter shark.
Sometimes your not in a good spot, so you hope that others can get it done, while you wait for solid cards to race.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
To be honest, I see it often and I'm usually happy about it because these people make so many mistakes that usually just have to wait until someone kicks them out of the tournament/sng. It doesn't really matter if you have someone at the table who constantly goes all-in, it's a good thing because you have to pay more attention to your cards and then fold a little faster and you can save your chips. And if you have a really good hand then you play and hope for the best. It doesn't matter if you have all inners at the table or not, patience is part of the game and people like that challenge us to have more patience. Good luck at the tables

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I pick a strong hand and then go all in.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been playing Sit and Go's at BetOnLine, where the Top 2 finishers come in the money.
On occasion, a player will bet all-in like 5 or 6 times in a row, mostly when he is under 30 BB's. You know that 90% of them are Bluffs, but because you don't want to get knocked out of the money, by risking calling him, you fold.
How should you play against players like that.?
All answers appreciated!!

Just call with a decent hand or heavy foot and one player be kicked out.
Assassins_Creed_Odyssey_choice.jpg

speper

speper

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When there is more than one player, they must avoid entering if the hand is strong

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Have patience to wait for that hand, play in position and take that kick off the table, virtue be patient and play at the right time that you will surely win.

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

C

Clutchdenier

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Understanding your ranges and calling ranges will be crucial in these situations. The variance will increase but good BRM strategies can sustain the variance but Im the last person who can give you advice on that topic ;)

Check out some ranges for your game format and maybe print the sheets out so you can have them next to you to help while you internalise the spots.

F

Foxie12340

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on how far in the game is, how many chips you have( can you afford to lose the chips) and how many players are left in the game

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Against these players you need to take calculated risk. Yes TT and JJ you may not want to battle with but if they doing this many times in a row they may just have under-cards. AJ and KQ start to become playable in these situations depending of how many chips they have and your position. You dont want to call them in early position but in late position. Nothing worse than calling early and the button has a big hand and nails both of you.

C

CryptoBlood

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would wait that guy which is going all in whole time to go all in when I have really good hands so we can play 1vs1 or I would wait him to lose some chips so I can go all in and remove him from table or If I have more chips then he have I would go all in so I can even if I lose be alive at the table and still remove him later from table with better hands with second chance.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Against tight players you should be loose, Against the aggressive players stay tight and only play top starting hands against them.

ProblemPlaya

ProblemPlaya

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just wait for AA or KK

or, if you want to risk a gamble,
the coin flip - any pair (the HIGHer, the better), AK, AQ, AJ

Obviously, this could take a while

TC

you don't have to play this tight against someone going all in a ton

ProblemPlaya

ProblemPlaya

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Work on your ICM, take notes on the villans, and be prepared to call against their range.

icm usually isn't a factor against these players because they do it early in a tourney

ProblemPlaya

ProblemPlaya

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just make sure when you have a strong hand that the Pot is worth the risk. If you go only head-to-head with the big bully stack you probably will not win enough for taking the risk. And the online software will favor the Big Stack 92% of the time.

92% of the time online sites favor the big stack? got any proof of this allegation?

ProblemPlaya

ProblemPlaya

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Have patience to wait for that hand, play in position and take that kick off the table, virtue be patient and play at the right time that you will surely win.

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

what does position matter if the player goes all in pre? its actually better to be out of position against a maniac

BlindThieve420

BlindThieve420

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just be patient. and only play when you have strong cards.

A

acenit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Taking calculated risks when you think your ahead

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So it all depends on the situation.
All-in is no exception.

F

FlushKings311

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker All In

I will fold and wait for a strong suit and catch them thinking I'm going to fold and call their bluff. I'm not going to risk it though unless I have something strong but you sure for feel good when you catch them.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands