P

pltelles

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
To study poker, you need a variety of tools and methods.
Here are some things I think need to be incorproated into your study.
1) The Cards Chat 30-day course. It's a must to start with.
2) Hand reviews. You need to review every session you play and identify your leaks.
3) HUD reports. If you have a HUD, reviewing various built-in reports can be insightful.
4) Poker Books. I think that ,. these days, it is a good idea to read a book or two on GTO. You don't have to play like a robot but it helps to know the rules the robot is following. I like Jonathan Little's Excelling at NLHE. Dan Harrington book was OK. Read a Mike Carro book many years ago about tells... not useful for online, but if you play live, it is very useful.
5) Poker training sites: there are loads. PokerCoaching.com (Jonathan Little). GripsedPoker. Cards Chat. DPO.
6) Poker training apps - DTO Poker is good for getting feedback on your play. Lots of tools here for improving your play.
7) Poker Videos: It is good to watch poker training videos, but not all that useful watching high stakes poker.
8) BRM training. If you are serious about making some money, you really need to manage your bankroll. Fun, gambly plays need to become infrequent.
9) Maths: you need to come to grip with all the maths involved which should be driving your decision making. You probably do an OK job of estimating probabilities, but to be great you really need to know your stats better.
10) player notes: you shoud be generating a LOT of player notes when you play and you should be reviewing them and editing/clarifying them on a regular basis.
11) set goals: You need to set goals for yourself to get better. It isn't magic. You don't just sit down and get rich playing poker. That isn't the way it works.
12) Measure progress: What are you setting goals for if you aren't reviewing progress and addressing issues along the way.
13) Play some poker: apply what you have learned in the previous steps to your game. Then review your play afterwards and continue the cycle.

Cheers,
JT
excellent contribution.

RagNar87

RagNar87

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
cardschat course is great to begin with , you will udnerstand the important thing about position on the table and many more usefull info

siberianspecial

siberianspecial

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
for this question, the answer would be very large, as there are several factors involved, but I can assure you that the practice of this mental sport is the best way to study, putting into practice all the theory that the beginner player has absorbed, such as premium hands, important stock positions and when to engage in a big bet.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
its an interesting question and there are some good answers but there is on really important think you need to do that many dont do. YOU NEED TO ACTUALLY STUDY.

Many people will sit down and watch a few videos and say they study's for a few hours. yes they put in say 2 hours and saw a video but is that really enough? No it is not. I cant recall the professional who said it but to probably study a video you should put 3 or 4 hours in the video for each hour there is. Why? To really learn and dissect the information. You need to determent if it is good info, relevant info and how to implement it into your game.

Issue 2 is bouncing around. Lets learn about C-beting today and tomorrow look at calling situation then the 3rd day river play. If you are going to improve you really need to spent the time on one part at a time and really become good at it. Yes you can improve but will you really become a great player bouncing around. In the last 3 months I have been working on a part of my game. 3 months and still on it. Why, its complicated and once comfortable on the 1st part i moved to the next part of that area and the next. Have I improved, you better believe I have and I will be working on this section of my game for many more months. It takes time.

If you want great info look at the 30 day CC course. The info there is super good and super valuable. If you really want to improve dont do it in 30 days. Take the time and do it right is better for you.

Last thought, remember poker is a long term game and forever changing. If you become good and stop learning you will become a losing player somewhere along the way.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Reading, playing, playing, playing, playing and playing (winning and losing) and sometimes watching the pros to play.

JhonnyThe357

JhonnyThe357

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
To study poker, you need a variety of tools and methods.
Here are some things I think need to be incorproated into your study.
1) The Cards Chat 30-day course. It's a must to start with.
2) Hand reviews. You need to review every session you play and identify your leaks.
3) HUD reports. If you have a HUD, reviewing various built-in reports can be insightful.
4) Poker Books. I think that ,. these days, it is a good idea to read a book or two on GTO. You don't have to play like a robot but it helps to know the rules the robot is following. I like Jonathan Little's Excelling at NLHE. Dan Harrington book was OK. Read a Mike Carro book many years ago about tells... not useful for online, but if you play live, it is very useful.
5) Poker training sites: there are loads. PokerCoaching.com (Jonathan Little). GripsedPoker. Cards Chat. DPO.
6) Poker training apps - DTO Poker is good for getting feedback on your play. Lots of tools here for improving your play.
7) Poker Videos: It is good to watch poker training videos, but not all that useful watching high stakes poker.
8) BRM training. If you are serious about making some money, you really need to manage your bankroll. Fun, gambly plays need to become infrequent.
9) Maths: you need to come to grip with all the maths involved which should be driving your decision making. You probably do an OK job of estimating probabilities, but to be great you really need to know your stats better.
10) player notes: you shoud be generating a LOT of player notes when you play and you should be reviewing them and editing/clarifying them on a regular basis.
11) Estabeleça metas: Você precisa definir metas para si mesmo para melhorar. Não é mágica. Você não se senta e fica rico jogando pôquer. Não é assim que funciona.
12) Meça o progresso: Para que você está definindo metas se não estiver revisando o progresso e abordando os problemas ao longo do caminho.
13) Jogue um pouco de pôquer: aplique o que você aprendeu nas etapas anteriores ao seu jogo. Em seguida, revise seu jogo depois e continue o ciclo.

Saúde,
JT
great tips. thanks

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Hello FRIENDS !!!

Today I woke up with this thought, do I study the right way?

But beyond my doubt, I thought about people who are starting in poker and have the initial question: HOW TO STUDY POKER?

So I decided to create this topic so that we can discuss this subject and I know that each one has a different way of studying, as well as a different strategy.

I hope that we can here in this topic centralize the information on this subject... as well as some software that you use for your studies....

Thank you all!!!
I read a book about poker I study new tactics in poker I study the position in poker the percentage of opponent's hands against different hands everything is available on the Internet, everyone can study it sometimes I watch tournaments to watch how professionals play on different hands and peep something new from them

JhonnyThe357

JhonnyThe357

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Olá AMIGOS !!!

Hoje acordei com esse pensamento, será que estudo do jeito certo?

Mas sem dúvida, pensei em pessoas que estão começando no poker e têm a pergunta inicial: COMO ESTUDAR POKER?

Então resolvi criar esse tópico para podermos discutir esse assunto e sei que cada um tem uma forma diferente de estudar, além de uma estratégia diferente.

Espero que possamos aqui neste tópico centralizar as informações sobre esse assunto... bem como alguns softwares que vocês utilizam para seus estudos....

Obrigado a todos!!!
ScoobyEdu, I have a question. Regarding the material, more specifically video lessons, do you think that for a beginner, like me, it is better to acquire courses for top 10 players, or is it worth investing in courses for professional players, but who do not have such an advanced performance? My question is because for beginners, perhaps such an advanced course may have a much more difficult level of content for a beginner to assimilate. What do you think?

L

luketta7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well, the truth is that there is no point in studying poker for hours and hours on end, but in the wrong way, you have to study the right way, and apply what you learn in the game, try to study hands and movements that will improve your game

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I do not use any additional software to play poker. I do not see the need for this. I just try to analyze my game every time and learn from my mistakes.

VikK030p13

VikK030p13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The Cards Chat 30-day course. First of all. Simply and intelligibly.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think motivation is very important. If she is, everything will work out.

Andrii Lubentsov

Andrii Lubentsov

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Most often I watch streams of successful poker players.