How do you play when you are having above average chips

V

vanish123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With a bigger stack just fold your blind a bit less with hands as suited connectors or KJs K10s

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I try not to change things up too much. I might widen my range a little bit. But I usually do that anyway, once I've established the desired image at the table. I might defend my blinds a little more. But in general, I'm not going to do too much different.

I've always been of the opinion that playing too many hands or too wide a range leads to bleeding chips. So when you do take down a pot, you're pretty much just replacing the chips that you bled away and not really growing your stack. Meanwhile other player's stacks are increasing and catching up to yours. But more importantly the blinds are increasing. And that should be your real concern.

Being at the top of the leaderboard is nice. And it does afford you the opportunity to be a little more creative and take a few more chances. But you shouldn't get carried away with it. Concentrate on quality hands and picking good spots and continuing to grow your stack, and the play that got you to the top of the leaderboard in the first place will probably keep you there. Then once you've made the money you can really open your game up and go for the win.

Last edited:
Subel007

Subel007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im playing as usual,but there are some reasons how you should play when you are deep,i think if its bubble you should play aggressive with small stacks,FT you should play tight

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What you describe suggests that you don't have a game plan even in standard situations. I mean the plan that you draw up before the start of the session, where actions are prescribed in standard situations.

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Depends on how many player are still in play. I play more freely. I call with not so good pocket cards, but everything within of reasonable borders.

J

Justcall529

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try making alot of small raises, opening wide, but folding when your opponents show more than a little resistance. This will have your opponents doubting you and set them up for a big loss when you do have the nuts.

Poker Chips - History of Chips