How do you play freerolls

C

CSINSC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are many points of advice I could provide, but one of the main ones is remember you can't bluff a fish that doesn't know when he should fold. If he has top pair & bottom kicker he thinks he has gold. So do NOT bluff a fish, they won't fold.

N

nemomn

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls

I think first 10 min or so unless you have monster hand don't play it. i feel 10-15 min mark all the idiots who shove is eliminated so you can have nice free tournament. stake is not so high so all in hahaha

R

Robsaboat

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I actually play a lot of freerolls and my normal tournament play is not that different than my freerolls.

Yes you get the donkfest shoving all in but there are many aggressive players in real tournaments who will go all in with KK or QQ in their first couple hands.

I adjust and usually only call AA/KK early on if someone shoves.

Roman Tsygankov

Roman Tsygankov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just play my own game. I play more tight in the beginning, but sometimes I can bluff( when I see skills of my opponents). To play in the middle and in the end is easer, because people are Adequate.

Edu4594

Edu4594

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play a freeroll like a normal mmt of a buy-in of $ 100.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Picture yourself on a boat on river, catching the ultimate cards...

jhon24

jhon24

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play a freeroll like a normal mmt of a buy-in of $ 100.

Common guys, nobody believes that, but if is true i respect this user for his commitment. Freerols are like a training in other sport, play to be fit for the reals tournaments.

ovsleka

ovsleka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are a lots of freeroll with players who know what is poker.All depend what kind of freeroll you are playing.You need to play your game.In start I risk,if i win- I play seriousn.

K

KALUGAJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
SK
Chips
Freeroll is very long, and you must be patient, waiting for the correct player that goes with each hand, especially at the beginning

C

Cloxy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think on last and middle stage in freeroll are started normal poker game but earlier it is epic. i flew out too many times when i went all-in on flop with better hands but my opponent caught 3-4-5 outs on river.

So i think you should take it easier and play a little bit crazy poker first 20-30 minutes and if you alive you should play more smarter and after one and a half hour you even can use some techniques that you know.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MikeyE8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would play tight and if I had a monster hand, such as A,A K,K Q,Q and A,K I would all-in and be in a better position because atleast one person in your table will all-in. The rest of the hand I would usaally fold unless I have reads that other players are tight so I can bluff them.

M

MidMoMan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
While reviewing the comments/answers to the question, I took the liberty of recapping some of the better notes in the thread.

⦁ Difficult to bluff a fish that doesn't know when he should fold. If he has top pair & bottom kicker he thinks he has gold. So do NOT bluff a fish, they won't fold.
⦁ Freeroll is very long, and you must be patient
⦁ I would play tight and if I had a monster hand, such as AA, KK, QQ, and AK I would all-in and still position is important because for sure at least one person in your table will shove with you.
⦁ Be very selective in the opening levels and very aggressive when you play.
⦁ If I have one of the top five hands I would go all in or just keep betting about 5x the pot.
⦁ For large Freerolls, be patient and ready to go the long run... some games can last 3 or 4 hours for a $12 payout. Is your time worth it?
⦁ Not every freeroll is a nothing game and Cardschat ones are the best, there aren't always people that go all in in these tournaments.
⦁ But,if you are referring to freerolls at pokerstars where there are more than 5,000 or 10,000 people in them,then it's often a waste of time playing in those.
⦁ On PS there is tourney called PokerSchool. I played about 2-3 hours and won ~$0,5$. Other sites offer better freerolls like ACR.

Thanks to everyone for their input.

M

MikeyE8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would start by playing tight and all-in with premium hands, because someone will call with a worse hand. Just play like that for most of the tournament until people are tighter. Then you can be the agressor and win chips. Best of luck.

Freeroll Passwords