How do I stop being a Fish?

Анна

Анна

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The more I play poker, the more I realize that I don’t know much more. Started with free courses for beginners. They are on almost every poker forum here as well. When the basics of understanding the game itself are at the proper level, then the study of many subtleties and nuances begins. There are free online trainings, they are very good at developing an understanding of the game. You can also watch streaming and analyzing games with a coach. I often watch online broadcasts of major poker events with comments and explanations. It also helps to improve the understanding of the game. And of course you should not invest money if you do not know the basic strategy and do not have enough experience in the game. Many poker rooms offer a good opportunity to build a bankroll from scratch playing various freerolls, if you can't win in a free tournament, it’s even more difficult for money, because people play for profit and they definitely have strategies and tools for a good game.:stupido::deal::pcguru::banghead::playingba
what you can see the video tutorial?

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It seems to me that your mistakes have taken root in you over the years, playing for play money. You've been gambling for too long. There is a completely different tactic and apply it in the game with cash is impossible . Try to watch the flop at a table with an average interval of one time in ten hands . Do not try to collect a combination if you need to give a lot of chips. Wait a good map.Try not to bluff first.Don't make deposits until you learn to play freerolls first. Then just go to the cash or tournaments with the entrance. I still adhere to such tactics. I don't want to waste money.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No need to stop being a fish.
Become a different fish, one that eats other fish.

Learning with deposits is expensive.
I prefer study and freerolls. The cardschat freeroll club (CC FRC) is THE BEST.

Disadvantage of learning with freerolls:
- you need a lot of patience
Advantage of freerolls:
- you cannot lose

Анна

Анна

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems to me that your mistakes have taken root in you over the years, playing for play money. You've been gambling for too long. There is a completely different tactic and apply it in the game with cash is impossible . Try to watch the flop at a table with an average interval of one time in ten hands . Do not try to collect a combination if you need to give a lot of chips. Wait a good map.Try not to bluff first.Don't make deposits until you learn to play freerolls first. Then just go to the cash or tournaments with the entrance. I still adhere to such tactics. I don't want to waste money.
I stopped making deposits, I play freerolls. Today in two reached the final, but with a short stack,unfortunately the prizes did not get. But for me it's a big shift for the better. I really do not have enough patience,for me it is a huge problem ((

neiroob

neiroob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have played on conditional chips for too long, you have to change your game without it.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the best thing to do to improve your game quickly is to watch professional poker videos and get inspired by them. Watch online tournaments with big bids. You'll learn a quality lesson for free just by watching these shark-infested waters. Specialize in one type of game and one format before you try others.

Play only the money you can afford to lose. If you play beyond your means, you will be much too worried about being plucked, which will interfere with your ability to make the right decisions and disrupt your natural game. As a general rule, if you sit at a real-time No-Limit table, your buy-in should not be more than 5% of your balance. That way, even if you lose everything, it should not affect you too much. Concentrate as much as you can on each hand. Play each one as best you can and do not leave the eye table, even if you're not in one hand, mentally taking notes of other players and trying to anticipate each of their movements.

You need basic math skills, including outs and percentages, but you need to make sure you know the exact numbers from one hand to another. Manipulate the size of the pots. When you're in front, make the pots bigger and minimize them when you think you might have to go hunting.You need basic math skills, including outs and percentages, but you need to make sure you know the exact numbers from one hand to another. Manipulate the size of the pots. When you are in front, make the pots bigger and minimize them when you think you may have to go hunting. But most of all you have to be patient and move at the right time.

P

paulw

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You got to go back to basics, 1st rule that worked for me was all my starting hands must be EV plus from position

J

John bruce

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fishy , fishy

Everyone is a fish from time to time. Even a shark is just a bigger fish. Even sharks get eaten by bigger sharks. So just keep working on your game grow from a minnow to a shark. Play the free rolls till you start winning. Just remember only about 10 percent win money consistently. They grind and put in more hours than I ever would want to. Just treat it like any other hobby and throw some extra change when you can. Let's play poker:ciao:

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Анна;4805763 said:
How to stop being fish?

I've been playing poker for about ten years, only on play money. Not long ago I decided to try for money, every day I made a Deposit, but I could not win anything. Although I considered myself a Pro, it turns out I do not know how to play. I play as a fish, but how to get rid of old habits now??

A great example of why playing 'play money' poker does not make you a better player (have had & seen this discussion many times).
Start from scratch. Erase what you know... & know you know very little (< sounds like you've realized this already so you're off to a good 'start')

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Nothing new or clever in these streams you will not find. Why? I answer: with any of your major victory, you will talk about how you think. This is done by all the winners of the games. Knowledge of the basics and FREQUENT play in the cash teach the right action. The rest-advertising for accumulation of subscribers.

HA HA HA .. spoken like a TRUE FISH that he is.

A common thing is.. bad players don't even know they're bad... because they're THAT BAD that they can't decipher what is actually good... and what is actually bad.
A good coach or 'teacher'.. teaches one how to develop their thought process. Any good poker book will also do this. Bad players (& ones who haven't actually read a good poker book 'or' studied from watching videos... < not just 'watching' them) will say stuff like this because they know no different.

Анна

Анна

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A great example of why playing 'play money' poker does not make you a better player (have had & seen this discussion many times).
Start from scratch. Erase what you know... & know you know very little (< sounds like you've realized this already so you're off to a good 'start')
I try to follow all your advice, thank you. I began to slowly build a bankroll, for the first time I did not get up badly. Then I went to the limits above, I did not play against a bankroll, but very tightly. in the end, lost almost everything. there was a terrible move for me. I had a full with kings and dammas on the table, I put everything! and your opponent has quads on queens. I'm damn disappointed in poker (((((

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Be patience, You don't have to play every hand to win, Wait for a good hand.

johnny tigre

johnny tigre

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stop playing, and you stop being a fish.... hehehe just kidding.

Playing like a fish is part of playing poker, even pros play like that once in a while.
Me i play like a fish more often. My friend who is a pro gave me this tip to practice:
Don't check or call....... either you raise or fold. Thats it.
If you dont like your hand, just fold it. Never call or check.
Im trying it out, for a long time now...... guess what.... im still a fish. LOL

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi
I think that first you need to start playing freerolls. If you start to win freerolls, then you can start playing non-expensive MTT tournaments. In my opinion, it is important that you play only for the money that you managed to win on freerolls.

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
study and dedication to become profitable for sure the more the better

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

You put the blame on the others. If your so high and mighty I have folded these hole cards twice and waited a round and a half when you should win one once a round. I thought you said this was fair and why you it's a mistake if this person loses the power.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Reincarnate yourself as a homo sapein primate.

G

Gameplayraja

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Watch youtube videos of online poker players and try to make notes and adapt their strategy. A fish can become a sea monster in no time if it gets enough food.

Good luck ;)

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Try to download Americas Card Room - there you find some freerolls from CC and more - try to play its.
Forget all as you played with playing money.
About playing - first of all watch players on the table and note its - what style everyone play and when will play against it - use the notes to decide where are you - behind or ahead its hands.
Try to play not only monsters, connectors also, especially suited.
And learn some books or video lessons.
Good luck!

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well playing for play money is a completely diffrent game then actual poker.... you need to reevaluate your entire game. I would suggest looking into some coaching or courses like Upswing poker.... I believe if you change your entire mindset of the game. And revamp your entire understand of what you know of the game. You could get past being a fish.

najjah166

najjah166

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
remove the ideas that tell you that the villain bluff, and drive curiosity absolutely see the cards to the river

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Should probably follow the BRM, Read books, watch video's online
Follow pokerschool if you're allowed to play on pokerstars to help your game better
Hope this helps out :)

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Hello Play more freeroll studies keep patient learns to play in position and rank read articles of poker see videos of professional ..... hopefully better luck

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patience and concentration!!