How do I play freerolls if my opponents are always all in?

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Call with premium hands. Sometimes you will bust but overall its very +EV for you so don't get annoyed.

D

DaMooca

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But the good thing about the freeroll is that. A lot of players appear wanting to donate his chips.
What we have to do is just wait for a good hand, it doesn't even have to be a premium. And it stands to reason that we run the risk of being eliminated.
Today I had one that was doing very well in chips in the 150/300 blind. Then it was just him losing a pot that he started to go all in all hands, until he loses all chips. :D

C

CSLysander

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You play somewhat tight and realize that patience works better than anything else, you will make it through. I keep hearing people talking about the money is not worth it. If you are playing freerolls, then you most likely are new. The time investment is very necessary for perfecting your game. You need to learn what works for you and how to use that to get you to the next level.

You will find more maniacs in freerolls than you do in higher stakes, but they are still everywhere. Once you see your game get better while dealing with such people, it will allow you to get farther in the freerolls. Believe me, it will happen. You will then notice the other kinds of players that you will be playing against as you move up.

So, patience is the first bit you need to get practice in with. Realize that very few maniacs are able to make it to the money on a regular basis. I mark them with my notes and have rarely seen them after the bubble. For that matter, I usually stop seeing them at the hour to 90 minute mark. Once you start perfecting your game, you will become more consistent. Just ignore these players, figure out a good all in range so you can chip up off of them far more consistently and go from there.

Tvorets

Tvorets

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wait for KK or AA. Better yet, make a deposit and play tournaments for money.

B

booosteeer23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play not with cards, but with players, yes, offensive moves happen in poker, do not forget that this is just a game)

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
patience is the name of the game here. Only play premium hands against these all ins. They eventually lose.

J

jake coady

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just play slow and wait until you are deep into the tournament.. they mostly take it serious at times when it's close to the money or deep into he tournament.

soLdaTeS88

soLdaTeS88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to play very carefully, only with a strong hand. You need to be patient the first time, when all these people will fly out at the initial stage of the tournament.

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I look at the first hour of a freeroll as basically three stages.
Use the opening of a freeroll to understand who your opponents are. Who is there to play for real, and who is looking to fill 15 minutes worth of time. Sit back, watch the players and take advantage of your strong hands.

Once the riffraff is cleared, you should be able to use what you learned about who is left to know who you need to respect, and who you can take advantage of. Focus your attention on how the real players play as you attack those guys that just happened to get lucky and won a big stack. They are prolly busy at that point calling up the basement stairs to have mom come down and look at it.

Once that phase is over, you can play what should be a more normal poker game.

AND if this riff_raff 312 is still around just give him you chips and move on lol :D

The Riff_Raff :cool:

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In freerolls you must decide before for self, what range of raise(reraise - shove) and call( call allin) you can play in and play only according your charts.

D

DesertStorm46

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A couple of people were like this on my table a few days ago a the beginning of the game, i folded and noticed they didnt even have good cards, they were awful. But someone won and kept going all in, i think they just like gaining a bigger stack early on or they dint want to compete.

maestro121920

maestro121920

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
just wait for premium and call his all in then throw him a tissue paper, let's go

M

moularaki

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
i was in the same situation
i waited for a premium hand
KK for me
Q8 for him
flop Q87
then T an river 2
was so upset
that's loto

G

goseestacy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Today one guy beat my 88 with 66 with all-in. He push so often before so I called him and lost. Possible that my mistake was erlier when I lost most of my stack.
So be patient and play good cards

P

Pokerboss1000

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How to play free roll

As the name say. Free Roll. You just have to wait on a hand in your all in range and Roll the dice in other word go all in and hope for the best. What good is pocket AA when u get five or six caller. You just have to roll the dice.

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Choose decent hands for the draw and build up your stack.

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the best thing in this scenario is to call the all in with premium hands like aq or better and even with hands like aj or a10 if the player who has shove all in is in late position and nobody else have called their shove...

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some Freeroll players always put all their chips in the pot.The most interesting thing is that they win, no matter which side, as if by magic.

First off all this statement is nonsense. Wild loose players dont win more often, than they are supposed to. You just tend to notice it more, when they win, because they annoy you. And of course when they win, they also stay at the table, so the wild loose play continue giving them a chance to win yet again.

This is very annoying, how can I play against such magicians? Put your Bank against it with QQ-AA?Or is it better not to play with it at all, to calm down and wait until someone else removes it?

That depends on the size of the blinds. If its very early in the tournament, then blinds are small, and picking up a round of blinds and antes wont mean much to your stack. And for this reason its fine to stick with fundamentally solid poker most of the time. Like opening A9s from mid position for 3BB and then fold, when BTN moves all in for 100BB in the second hand of the tournament. You dont need to be "the table sheriff" and try to knock this guy out.

However in most freerolls blinds go up very fast, so after a short amount of time you might only have 15BB or less left. And then going all in preflop is actually the right play. So if you want to play these kind of hyper turbo games, you absolutely must learn push-fold ranges and not be scared to play push-fold poker.

And if you dont find that particularly enjoyable, then dont play in these games! poker sites have lots of tournaments, where blind intervals are 10 minutes, and where you get to play much more "normal" poker, and some of these only cost a dollar or two. Which by the way also gives you a much better chance of winning some decent prices than playing a 100$ freeroll with 2.000 participants :)

E

eagleaces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some Freeroll players always put all their chips in the pot.The most interesting thing is that they win, no matter which side, as if by magic.This is very annoying, how can I play against such magicians? Put your Bank against it with QQ-AA?Or is it better not to play with it at all, to calm down and wait until someone else removes it?

Just play in position and dont see the bad soo often itll eat you up. As long as you getting it in with the best hand youll get there.

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Early on, you need to patiently wait for the card. Such players often do not live up to ITM. Freerolls are fun for many. They don't take such a tournament seriously. Just wait. An hour will pass and you will see how the game will change ...

C

colino17

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play tight and patient until the play calms down. If you do get a top hand then you can often get away with open shoving for an easy double due to the likelihood of someone calling.

Once the early insanity slows you can move towards your ordinary playstyle, but I would still recommend playing fairly tight as many of the players, especially big stack donks who won those early allin frenzies will often call quite liberally. Make sure you have a bullet in the chamber before you pick a fight.

manuela2910

manuela2910

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some Freeroll players always put all their chips in the pot.The most interesting thing is that they win, no matter which side, as if by magic.This is very annoying, how can I play against such magicians? Put your Bank against it with QQ-AA?Or is it better not to play with it at all, to calm down and wait until someone else removes it?

I wait for good cards and hope I win.

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There a different animal all together because there free so players go crazy. I do the same in tourneys because alot of players are scared to lose and get knocked out. Jus be crazy and you might just win if all else fails. Good luck.

P

padman400

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Shove your pairs, double up then sit out for a a while.

It's a free roll you ain't gonna win much anyway for the time played Haha

Freeroll Passwords