how aggressive do you personally play QQ preflop ?

YuriSLopes

YuriSLopes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well bud, there's so much to this equation...

You have QQ at a Tourney? Cash game?

If tourney, it's full ring? Is the table short handed? Is it cash and regular 6max?

How deep are you in the tourney?

What's your stack size? How about villain's?

How about the other players, do you have any stats on them?

And position, are you BB, UTG, BTN?

All these are some basic variants for you to act bud.

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm mostly 3/4 betting with Queens. If you are getting called in that spot, then you should proceed with caution. Depending on stack sizes, i would also proceed with caution, shoving all-in. But i think most of the money i make with queens, it people bluffing into them with Ace rag, or lower pairs. So trapping is often a profitable play.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
You hate QQ and you love KK? :ROFLMAO:

Problem detected and solved: stop loving and hating hands. Just play them. QQ is awesome but you will get called by K2 and lose to it. It will happen almost 50% of times, so be smart.
In tournaments it will happen sooner than later, the amount of bad beats you will have holding QQ is uncountable!
Keep playing and let the chips fall as they may!

I don't quite understand you, do you want to say that K2 and QQ are 50/50 ??? In general, the advantage of playing all in is that most weak or marginal hands will simply fold !!!

nelomec

nelomec

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
yes another thread about QQ

i hate that hand

how aggressive do you play it preflop . including facing big aggression from at least 1 other player
I already lost a lot with this hand, nowadays, I play this hand very aggressively, I go all-in, or I raise half of my chips, and I go all-in.
raise or reraise 5x the pot and then go all in

M

miriancastro

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love QQ, you have to attack preflop.

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello preflop depending on my position I can open. 2.5 bb or tribet if necessary but I am very careful if an A 0 K appears on the flop, QQ is a premium hand but it is vulnerable postflop.

J

johnadams1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very aggressive in tournaments [especially early] and cautiously in cash game.

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have to love and protect the ladies at all costs.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
There are several ways to play QQ... the important thing is to have a winning hand

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I play like any other premium hand, isolating and raising.

markdias

markdias

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I'm very aggressive with pre-flop QQ, but it depends on a lot of factors as well, especially the size of the stack

airxlns

airxlns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
For me it depends on position, notes about players, moment of the tournament, personal feeling. I hate it though when all these factors make me go all-in.

ednaroza

ednaroza

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
As a passive-aggressive player, I tend to play QQ assertively but not overly recklessly.
Facing big aggression from at least one other player can be a tricky situation. It's essential to consider factors such as your table image, opponent tendencies, and stack sizes. If the aggressor is known for playing tight and only shows strength when they're betting big, it's important to proceed with caution. In such cases, I'd be more inclined to consider flat-calling their aggression and keeping the pot manageable.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Yes, you're an aggressive player yourself, why do you have a problem playing just as aggressively with such a hand on preflop, just crush everyone with such a hand and it's okay you won't make a mistake with such a hand, you'll lose, okay, you'll win cool just more aggressions

RagNar87

RagNar87

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Depends on the position your in and at the time of the game ! If more than 2 players limp i shove it late in te game

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It would depend on a lot of factors but 1 factor would be how he has played his hands, if he is loose then I might re raise or shove but if he is on the tighter side and he has really re raised a BIG ONE then I might really consider folding. He could have you beat with AA KK or he could have AK so you are in a bit of a bind.

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With QQ I go with the pattern of 3 blins but if I go back all in depending on the stack it's a call

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Play them agresavly most of the time. Premium hand should get premium value.
not so fast

when you are deep you cant just shove all in preflop when you face a rerererererereraise lol

especially not a shove in hand in cash games unless you have opponent covered by a big margin or if opponent is a maniac ( even then when you are deep you are risking too much)

thats my take on it personally
I happen to agree with you. The problem is there are a lot of players doing that with much worse hands.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The bigger the stack, the more aggressive you can play. And if it's small, it means all-in.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't quite understand you, do you want to say that K2 and QQ are 50/50 ??? In general, the advantage of playing all in is that most weak or marginal hands will simply fold !!!
Thanks for your observation. Actually we are winning 70% when QQ x KXs. But it’s a great number anyway, we lose 30% or 1 out of 3 times. In the short run we can lose even 2/3 or 3/3, this is why my calculation bent towards 50/50.
Marginal hands should fold, but in tournaments the stacks are short and many times we are getting calls with hands that should’ve folded.