how aggressive do you personally play QQ preflop ?

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes another thread about QQ

i hate that hand

how aggressive do you play it preflop . including facing big aggression from at least 1 other player

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
it's going to depend on stack sizes, positions, and tournament structure amongst player-specific factors

QQ is not that much different from most other pocket pairs - if you remember that then you won't overplay it, unless you're already all in pre-flop in which case you either got it in good or already overplayed it

BOXING71

BOXING71

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I'm not going all-in with this hand, it often loses. I'll raise the bet and then it will become clear on the flop. Only if the stack is small, then of course it's possible to take the risk.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It depends on my position, on the stage of the tournament, and on who my opponents are. But overall, probably 80% of the time I'm ready to go all-in with that hand.

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes another thread about QQ

i hate that hand

how aggressive do you play it preflop . including facing big aggression from at least 1 other player
Well I often lose with that hand. But I never slow play it. I generally raise... but sometimes fold if more than one opponent is already all-in.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Aggressively enough it ends up as complete disaster :unsure:

B

budweiser74777

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
as aggressively as possible - to isolate the most unnecessary players

serj537

serj537

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MD
Chips
It all depends on the size of the stack. If the stack allows, you can play, and if not, all-in is unequivocal.

pankoffff

pankoffff

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It all depends on your position at the table and how many opponents entered the hand. If you raise and get 3-bet, and then face a 4-bet or a shove, it's worth considering folding.

amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It's a premium hand! Most of the time you will put all your chips in the pot, pre-flop.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
QQ is a premium hand and as such I am likely to be 3 or 4 betting this hand most times. Ofc there’s certain times are will play tight with QQ , such as a very tight opponent raised big I may just flat and see the flop then determine my plan. Other wise I am often willing to play aggressively most times.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends of my reading of my opponents, the tournament, stack size and positions. But I usually like QQ. Lately I'm having better results with QQ than AA.

D

drdnd

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
RO
Chips
It depends on tournament buy in, level, stack, ITM and others. Usualyy I play it agressive.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a premium hand! Most of the time you will put all your chips in the pot, pre-flop.

not so fast

when you are deep you cant just shove all in preflop when you face a rerererererereraise lol

especially not a shove in hand in cash games unless you have opponent covered by a big margin or if opponent is a maniac ( even then when you are deep you are risking too much)

thats my take on it personally

Niveau1

Niveau1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
In the initial phase of a tournament, only normal open raise and with 3-4bet a maximum call if the bet is not too big. As the tournament progresses, I raise bigger and 3-bet too. Always dependent on stack size, position and type of player.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
i hate that hand
You hate QQ and you love KK? :ROFLMAO:

Problem detected and solved: stop loving and hating hands. Just play them. QQ is awesome but you will get called by K2 and lose to it. It will happen almost 50% of times, so be smart.
In tournaments it will happen sooner than later, the amount of bad beats you will have holding QQ is uncountable!
Keep playing and let the chips fall as they may!

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
For me, there has to be some aggressiveness in the game that works at critical times .

amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
not so fast

when you are deep you cant just shove all in preflop when you face a rerererererereraise lol

especially not a shove in hand in cash games unless you have opponent covered by a big margin or if opponent is a maniac ( even then when you are deep you are risking too much)

thats my take on it personally
As I said, in most situations you will put all your chips in pre-flop, when we are deeper, there is a premium risk factor, that is, depending on the villain we will make the decision to fold or go down.

kley126

kley126

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
depending on the opposition and who you play against but this is a hand that you should play hard

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its a great hand and I play it strong. I have had quite a bit of luck recently with the QQ, almost cant lose!

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, I thought I over played, but reading the thread a lot of poeple are pushing all-in and I wouldn't do that. Big raise though or call a big raise. Then just hope a K or A doesn't come on the flop.