Help for PLO8 and HORSE game...

N.D.

N.D.

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You're leaving out baby trips? Baby trips are hella strong. Of course your kicker gets super-important. I'm liking a suited connector(and focusing on wheel of course). Generally the smaller the baby trips + connector the better. So hands like AAA2 or 222A are great. But I'm still liking AAA3, 333A, and 3334 or 4443. Funky little trips where against someone guaranteed to have A2xx, my funky little trips have a good shot.

Baby trips with a baby suited connector pays good too. I know it sounds kinda weird, but baby trips are so powerful. For the nut lo they're pretty sweet. But they scoop good too. Mainly you're going for the nut lo, because in this instance you're hogging the outs to the nut lo. So in this instance you're not especially likely to get quartered. It's the reverse, nut lo quarters nut hi(usually a couple of players with 76 or 65). But scooping's also a possibility even with a baby flush.

I so love baby trips.

kmixer

kmixer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Where do you play PLO8 DoN SnGs. i have been playing the PLO ones at PS but they dont have PLO8

Yep, i've been playing PLO8 SnGs, DoNs. The PLO8 DoNs go so quick.

Starting hand guide for Limit Omaha Hi-Lo (full table, 8-10 players)
The best starting hands in Omaha Hi-Lo are A-A-2-3 double-suited followed by A-A-2-4 double-suited. This kind of hand is very strong because it can be played for both high and low, which gives it great scoop potential. Of course, being suited or (even better) double-suited adds value to every hand.
Good starting hands
A-A-2-x
A-A-3-x
A-A-4-5
A-2-3-x
A-2-K-K
A-2-Q-Q
A-2-J-J
A-3-4-5
A-A-x-x
A-2-K-Q
A-2-K-J
A-2-x-x (suited ace)
A-3-K-K
A-3-4-x
2-3-4-5 (fold if there is no ace on the flop)
J-Q-K-A
T-J-Q-K
K-K-Q-J
Q-J-T-9
2-3-4-x (fold if there is no ace on the flop)http://www.pokerlistings.com/limit-omaha-high-low

In order to qualify for the low half of the pot, the low hand must be 8, 7, 6, 5, 4 or lower. That's why this game is called "8 or better", or simply "Omaha 8".

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know, i forgot...
Lets not forget letting them bet in to you, when they think they got the best hand..:)

If i can, i may try a 360 .10 SnG, but it takes to long for it to fill up, but a freeroll will get full in 1 hour.:(

Where do you play PLO8 DoN SnGs. i have been playing the PLO ones at PS but they dont have PLO8
8-game SnGs.
PS has PLO hi/lo SnGs.

kmixer

kmixer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought you meant Double or Nothing when you said DoN

I know, i forgot...
Lets not forget letting them bet in to you, when they think they got the best hand..:)

If i can, i may try a 360 .10 SnG, but it takes to long for it to fill up, but a freeroll will get full in 1 hour.:(

8-game SnGs.
PS has PLO hi/lo SnGs.

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I thought you meant Double or Nothing when you said DoN
Your right with DoNs, i missed my typo, meant to put PLO hi/lo, not PLO8.:eek::eek:
Sorry about that, i was playing a game, when i was typing that up.

kmixer

kmixer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No problem.

I was just really hopeful that there was somewhere that offered PLO8 Double Or Nothing games. I really like the DoN PLO but I like PLO8 even more.

Your right with DoNs, i missed my typo, meant to put PLO hi/lo, not PLO8.:eek::eek:
Sorry about that, i was playing a game, when i was typing that up.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Which hand is it better to raise preflop? Assume we are in middle position, and there is one limper in front of us. Limit Omaha 8 or better.

Hand A: :10c4::ah4::3d4::kd4:

Hand B: :ah4::2d4::3c4::6h4:

Hand A has 23 Hutchison points, Hand B has 34 Hutchison points.

kmixer

kmixer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the A23 and the suited Ace in Hand B. There is some potential for the high in Hand A however unless a 2 hits the board we won't be able to scoop easily with Hand A.

Overall I like Hand B better and nothing to do with Points.

Thanks for doing that hand example. If you do more I will play along for sure and look forward to your analysis of my responses.

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Though hand B is the (far) better O8 hand it also draws better against more opponents than A which is both a mediocre high and low hand but would do better against a single villain imo.

The reason A is better with people in the pot is most cards that hook your opponents up will hook you up even better. Often with the kind of hand that will tend to scoop or 3/4 a pot that has had some action. Plus, if the flop misses you it is easy to get away from Hand B.

I might play Hand A more aggressively pre flop then since I need to cull the field and punish my limper. While I might not play hand A as fast since I want more money in the pot, and some action if I get good cards.

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No problem.

I was just really hopeful that there was somewhere that offered PLO8 Double Or Nothing games. I really like the DoN PLO but I like PLO8 even more.
Thought, i maybe putting in a request, to stars asking for PLO8 games.

C9, Caps said if before me..

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Though hand B is the (far) better O8 hand it also draws better against more opponents than A which is both a mediocre high and low hand but would do better against a single villain imo.
cAPS has it right. Controlling the number of players in the pot & exploiting their leaks is far more important than a small preflop edge that you push with a hand like 1236.

You should be more inclined to raise with the 13KT because most of the time your draws will not be to the nuts. And you therefore would prefer to be up against 1 or 2 villains tops.

When you're drawing to the nuts, you'd like for as many people to be in the pot as possible. So shutting out people behind you with a raise may not be correct.

Of course, in most low limit omaha 8 games, your raise won't get very many folds, so you should just go ahead and raise with both hands A and B. But I've played in a few $5/$10 short handed HORSE games where the table is mostly nitty regs, and raising with the 1236 would definitely promote a heads up pot (which, while not bad, isn't the optimal result).

The point system doesn't take any of this into account, and therefore, I think its pretty rubbishy. Just look at your hand and ask yourself two questions:

1) How many ways can this make the nuts?
2) Is this a two way hand?

If you have a ton of ways to make the nuts, you can play a hand that's not two way. Or you can play a hand that's especially two way even if it doesn't have a lot of nut draws. But hands that make the nuts a lot should welcome multiple players into the pot, and hands with a lot of two-way ability should prefer to be heads up.

Of course, all of this goes out the window in the pot limit game, but its something to think about.

N.D.

N.D.

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can I just ditto what capslock said?

I'm overly simplistic(if you haven't figured it out). For fixed limit I just "build the pot, then build the hand". Kinda sucks when nobody else is in on it though.

Top 10 Games