Help me settle an argument....

M

Marc Padula

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Okay, I was playing online yesterday, and I want to place YOU, the reader, into the same situation I found myself in.

You are playing at whatever limit your bankroll allows, with 100 big-blinds, and you're on the button with KK. The player UTG raises, a standard raise. Then, a guy in Middle position three-bets, going All-in. His All-in is 100 Big blinds.

That was the situation.

Now, do you fold KK? Did his premature All-in give you a chance to get away from your KK?

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
High five any friends who are watching and click the call button. :D

jimmy andres

jimmy andres

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello my friend in particular if I had risked since it is unlikely that I had a pair of As would rather believe that our rivals would have letters for this style AK or QA to risk going all in, but neither should be ruled out that they had the pair Of As but equally against 2 rivals if I had risked. I hope you serve my experience, good luck at the tables.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From the OP, I take it that the important fact is that I can afford it.

INSTA-Call!

T

Tricky123bet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the player type you are up against. If you see that he has been playing pretty aggressively so far, or has gone all-in often preflop, he could have done that with a lot of other hands than AA. Of course you might call and he reveals his Aces. But often times I have seen players do this (at 2nl) with QQ-99, AK and AQ. I would personally be more worried if he 3bets, you 4bet with KK, and then he gets it in. That signifies more strength. But even then I would have a hard time folding KK.
But you have to realize as well that sometimes you will get dealt AA, and your opponent will be the one unable to fold KK. So I would say that at least 95% of the time you should aim to call that all-in bet. Only if it is a really tight player that doesn't play many hands, and doesn't play very aggressively that you should ever consider folding.

D

Dan Perkins

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with the thinking of if you have the money then call it. you did not say if you hav watched this players style so if he is aggressive.

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Okay, I was playing online yesterday, and I want to place YOU, the reader, into the same situation I found myself in.

You are playing at whatever limit your bankroll allows, with 100 big-blinds, and you're on the button with KK. The player UTG raises, a standard raise. Then, a guy in Middle position three-bets, going All-in. His All-in is 100 Big blinds.

That was the situation.

Now, do you fold KK? Did his premature All-in give you a chance to get away from your KK?
I'm calling all day and twice on Sunday.

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Folding KK to a 100 big blind shove?? Not there probably never. There would have to be a certain player, a very special situation, etc.... I mean if this is a cash game pull the trigger and reload to a pair of AA's or you might spike a K, lol

Seriously I don't want to be the guy who folds KK to A 10s because somebody is a maniac or had a fight with their wife or whatever.

P.S. Some people are saying if you can afford it???? If you can't afford 100 Big Blinds , then you are playing outside of your limits?? Get off the table now and don't look back

Q

QA77

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't think you can fold there unless you know more about the player. QQ maybe but KK is always a call.

B

bigjay2007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally will take a chance there that the other guy does not Have AA. Playing premium cards is what a always hope for. If he ends up holding AA, then its part of the game. Regarding the blinds, if you don't have the $$$ to cover a loss, then don't play.

Omahahahaha

Omahahahaha

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I snap call and if there is anyone standing beside me I give them a hi five while I do it.

Durk

Durk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
KK

I call hear 100% of the time!
You can never even think about folding here unless you know the opponent very well and/or have some insane read.
-Durk

D

disorder64

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Folding KK to a 100 big blind shove?? Not there probably never. There would have to be a certain player, a very special situation, etc.... I mean if this is a cash game pull the trigger and reload to a pair of AA's or you might spike a K, lol

P.S. Some people are saying if you can afford it???? If you can't afford 100 Big Blinds , then you are playing outside of your limits?? Get off the table now and don't look back

Exactly - if you can't afford to make that call and reload, you are playing too high of stakes. I could never fold KK pre flop in a cash game to 100 bbs. In a tournament? Absolutely.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
the level of stakes makes more of a difference than whether or not we can just afford it. At 2nl you're going to see certain players only doing this with AA (and maybe 5nl). Others will think "He's not doing this with AA.... I call!"
Low to mid-stakes, I doubt you see someone shoving 100bb's in pre very often if there's only been a single raise ahead of them.

K

kygamblr09

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my experiences i have never folded k'2 . Some may say this is right some may say this is wrong but its me . Im trying to win and if i lose its ok i had k's. Now in stating that i don't have all the exact outcomes but i do recall a few of the times i ran up against A's but for the majority of my memory its been more like pairs other than A's or more like AK, AQ, AJ, or ace anything. Once again im only speaking of my experiences so you do what is right for you and so be it but i hope you win more than you lose. GL

U

UrsinusMaximus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Put yourself in the shover's situatipn, if you were dealt aces would you shove 100bb and risk having everyone fold?

I have used this reasoning many times before to justify calling, normally it turns out that they were ultra loose with AT+ QQ type hands, but a small % of the time they will have the goods and you will just have to accept the cooler
I agree that it is much more concerning if he 3bets and then shoves in response to a 4bet; then you have a decision on your hands.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's always a call, you can't be scared of the 1 hand that beats you.
As for the situation itself, I assume making this decision is different on each level.
Like, $10NL is an insta-call because at that level, most players will push fairly wide, where I think a player at $100NL wouldn't really push 100BB unless he had a really strong hand.
I know most say insta-call, but I think a 100BB push at $100NL is worth considering a possible fold.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
As we are rolled for the level, then we shouldn't be scared to gii and I just can't fold KK, if we are up against AA so be it.